The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being able to take the range..............to the course. I was really confident after leaving the range the other night and thought I was back on track. My driver has totally left me. It's getting freaking embarrassing out there. Between the dead pulls left, and then over compensating and pushing it drastically right, I have forgot what it is like to hit a straight driver during a round of golf. My irons were hit or miss. If it was a 5, 6, or 7, I was fine and hit some really nice shots. But anything over an 8, and I was toast. The "S's" showed up on one hole, and it was an absolute train wreck after that. UGH! This game is wearing me the f*** out!

Seriously. I talked to my mom about this and she told me stories of how pissed I'd get when my teams would lose. I love it, LOVE. Its stuck with me to this day, I want to be the best I can and to win if its an option and I'm pissed if I don't do it. Losing didn't make me mentally fragile or depressed, it pissed me off and taught me to work harder.

Today we are afraid to let kids fail, but failures happen in life! One of my absolute favorite quotes of all time is by Walt Disney of all people in that he said he believed it was important for every young person to have at least one good, hard, failure in their life to learn from. To me that is a fact of truth.

I'm with you jman. The whole "everybody wins" in today's pee-wee, young league sports (or any participation event) makes jr. high, high school athletics just fraught with kids that don't know how to lose or to lose with dignity.

As for the whole social retardedness... I await the fail of the power grid (though I would miss you guys). There are kids out there that don't know how to use a pencil and paper because they've been "keyboarding" all their lives. They have no social skills and converse like they're chatting online. Scary that these are the future leaders of the "civilized" world.

Youtube is pissing me off! I didn't sit around making videos last night so it could just arbitrarily chop off the last 20 seconds of every video I upload. Got dangit this is frustrating as heck!

There're some decent youths out there, but I do agree with TC's assessment about socializing. All these kids have phones, and none of them know how to talk on one. Stupid texting.

And I suck so bad at golf it's unreal. My wife shot a 95 today in our couples match, her best round in a couple years. She got 21 strokes and we lost on the last. She carried my ass around all day, and when she needed me on the 18th, an easy par 4, I hit a drive so far out of bounds I should be arrested for endangering lives in the neighboring subdivision. I have to play Shrek on Thursday and he's out for blood after I pummeled him last year. I'm not enjoying playing at all. I'd rather just follow or drive Gracie around. I shot a freaking 39-47. Forty effin' seven.

Kevin

Sorry to hear Kevin. I hate those types of rounds

There're some decent youths out there, but I do agree with TC's assessment about socializing. All these kids have phones, and none of them know how to talk on one. Stupid texting.

And I suck so bad at golf it's unreal. My wife shot a 95 today in our couples match, her best round in a couple years. She got 21 strokes and we lost on the last. She carried my ass around all day, and when she needed me on the 18th, an easy par 4, I hit a drive so far out of bounds I should be arrested for endangering lives in the neighboring subdivision. I have to play Shrek on Thursday and he's out for blood after I pummeled him last year. I'm not enjoying playing at all. I'd rather just follow or drive Gracie around. I shot a freaking 39-47. Forty effin' seven.

Kevin

Look at the positives Esox, you're out there playing golf with your wife. It could be worse buddy.

How's her back feeling though?

Chin up cheese fart. You know its just a bad golf day. Whip shrek's arse!

Sorry to hear Kevin. I hate those types of rounds

My last seven rounds have been 77, 84, 77, 86, 75, 84, 86. I can't even remember the damn rounds in the 70s. Today I was thinking about my swing the whole stupid round. The chicken wing was back in full force, and I chunked FOUR greenside chips. What the hell? I did not get up and down once unless you count two I putted from the fringe. If i can't even chip I got nothin'. Someone should punch me in the nuts.

Kevin

Look at the positives Esox, you're out there playing golf with your wife. It could be worse buddy.

How's her back feeling though?

She's solidly built. lol. She did play great, though. In the qualifying round she had a 123 with a 69 on the back nine. Took her to the range yesterday and cut her swing in half. Gave her a little practice swing move so her swing feels connected and she shot a 95.

I should stop playing and start hanging around driving ranges giving swing tips to women. That could be fun.

Kevin

First round with my R11 irons. Get on the range and hitting it great. Come to the AW. 5 shots in. The head flies off 15 yards into the range.

The head just snapped off and looks as if it was a glue malfunction or something cause the he's just flew off just like that. I couldn't believe it!! Like what the heck!!

First round with my R11 irons. Get on the range and hitting it great. Come to the AW. 5 shots in. The head flies off 15 yards into the range.

The head just snapped off and looks as if it was a glue malfunction or something cause the he's just flew off just like that. I couldn't believe it!! Like what the heck!!
Dude, you have had so much trouble with this entire purchase. Not sure how you have kept your sanity.

My last seven rounds have been 77, 84, 77, 86, 75, 84, 86. I can't even remember the damn rounds in the 70s. Today I was thinking about my swing the whole stupid round. The chicken wing was back in full force, and I chunked FOUR greenside chips. What the hell? I did not get up and down once unless you count two I putted from the fringe. If i can't even chip I got nothin'. Someone should punch me in the nuts.

Kevin

God I hate the CW! I can't get rid of it. My instructor just gave up

Well I'm off to the coast. I will be back on full force around 6pm. Grrr!

You should have bought that 50* CG15 of mine :)

Nah, that sucks dude. Sounds like an adhesive malfunction. It happens.

She's solidly built. lol. She did play great, though. In the qualifying round she had a 123 with a 69 on the back nine. Took her to the range yesterday and cut her swing in half. Gave her a little practice swing move so her swing feels connected and she shot a 95.

I should stop playing and start hanging around driving ranges giving swing tips to women. That could be fun.

Kevin

You don't know how hard that made me laugh! Holy poop my stomach hurts now, if I hadn't just repped you for something else you would have all my rep.

What do I do now? Cause I am so sick of my headache with this whole thing!!

Sorry man. Hoipefully some day you can enjoy them!

Sorry man. Hoipefully some day you can enjoy them!

Funny part is that the first hole I need the AW but so I just 3/4 choked down on my PW and hit it about 15 feet from the cup.

Otherwise the clubs felt great so I did enjoy them!

The US Open thread is no longer the US Open thread. It's the complain about NBC thread.

The US Open thread is no longer the US Open thread. It's the complain about NBC thread.

It's always a complain about the coverage weather it's NBC or CBS. It'll die down once tigger gets out on the course

I just realized I haven't even touched my clubs in 2 weeks :/ No idea how to fix this

I haven't been a good tester for Champ so far. Nothing I could do about it, but still....

Is Ernie wearing sperry top siders as golf shoes?

I think they're eccos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back