Rodney King Found Dead in Pool

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
It looks like Rodney King died this morning at age 47. He was found dead in his pool.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/rodney-king-found-dead-pool-report-article-1.1097209

Rodney King
, whose beating by police sparked massive rioting in Los Angeles in 1992, was reportedly found dead at the bottom of a pool on Sunday.King, 47, was discovered by his fiancé, according to TMZ. CNN later confirmed the report.King became an icon of police brutality 20 years ago after he was brutally beaten by a group of LAPD officers after a freeway chase.Amateur video of the incident caught the officers raining more than 50 baton blows on King’s crumpled, unarmed body.PHOTOS: LA RIOTS, 20 YEARS LATERFour LAPD officers were acquitted of assault on April 29, 1992, sparking a riot that killed 54 people and led to widespread looting and arson.King eventually won $3.8 million from the city, but spent it all on houses, a construction business and a record label, he told the Daily News in April.He made headlines again this spring as a commentator on the Trayvon Martin case and released a book in April, "The Riot Within: My Journey From Redemption To Rebellion."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-pool-report-article-1.1097209#ixzz1y449MUsa

This is sad, RIP RK!

Sad stuff. RIP.

Man that's sad

I am old enough to remember the outrage and chaos that ensued after the Rodney King beating. Even though I was very young, I remember watching the television coverage of the L.A. Riots and being shocked this was taking place in America. Never had I felt more disconnected from the world I lived in and though Los Angeles was a thousand of miles away from Small Town Missouri, the events playing out in L.A., sent shock waves to every corner of America, including my own community. It was very uncomfortable for a while, even for kids.

May he rest in peace.

RIP, RK.

RIP Rodney King.

RIP dude.

I wonder if he was drunk or something? Surely he could swim, having a pool and all. That's awful. I always hate reading about someone passing and their loved one finding them.

I wonder if he was drunk or something? Surely he could swim, having a pool and all. That's awful. I always hate reading about someone passing and their loved one finding them.

The news coming out now is that he was drinking and doing drugs prior to being found.

RIP RK.

The news coming out now is that he was drinking and doing drugs prior to being found.

Yeah, that's not really conducive to swimming. Poor dude. Those are three substances you should never mix.

RIP Rodney.

That sucks man, his demons brought him into controversy and took him out as well. I hope he's in a better place now. R.I.P. RK

RIP. Even when he had his demons, he was integral to showing the nation the dark side of law enforcement.

Just another day in the life of Rodney King.

RIP. Even when he had his demons, he was integral to showing the nation the dark side of law enforcement.

Thank God he drove drunk and ran from police so we could find out that pissed off LAPD will in fact beat the piss out of you when they finally get a hold of you.

Just imagine if he'd just killed someone with his drinking and driving. How boring would that have been for everyone??

I was wondering how long this was gonna take.

I was wondering how long this was gonna take.

I almost deleted it, but I thought my last part was a legit question.

I almost deleted it, but I thought my last part was a legit question.

Hey dude I honestly don't disagree. The police were wrong but so was Rodney King. It was just a bad situation all together.

The guy is a piece of garbage but as police you can't just beat the hell out of someone, no matter how much they do or don't deserve it. Unless its a life threatening situation. (To the police that is, it was obvious he was subdued long before the beating ended.)

Tough news for loved one finding him.

Thank God he drove drunk and ran from police so we could find out that pissed off LAPD will in fact beat the piss out of you when they finally get a hold of you.

Just imagine if he'd just killed someone with his drinking and driving. How boring would that have been for everyone??

Sounds like I struck a nerve here...I don't condone his actions in the slightest, however it wasn't the first case of police brutality in this country...as I said, he was integral to showing the US that police brutality is an issue.

Hey dude I honestly don't disagree. The police were wrong but so was Rodney King. It was just a bad situation all together.

The guy is a piece of garbage but as police you can't just beat the hell out of someone, no matter how much they do or don't deserve it. Unless its a life threatening situation. (To the police that is, it was obvious he was subdued long before the beating ended.)

Oh I agree. They should have been fired for sure.

I think it just pisses me off every time some idiot gets an RIP thread on a message board when their death was completely of their own making.

He did nothing to warrant any type of congratulations for anyone. Hell, even after he drove drunk he could have pulled over,failed the breathalyzer, and sat in the drunk tank the rest of the night. He escalated the entire situation which led to the police going overboard and then the race riots.

Might as well move this to the debate forum before it get's ugly.

Back