TaylorMade ATV Wedge - Everything You Would Want To Know

Ughhh just realized they dont make the ATV in 50-54-58 in LH. Only 52-56-50. Is it worth bending them to 50 and 58?

If it's what you need then yes it's worth bending!

If it's what you need then yes it's worth bending!

Well I have a 54 degree 588 right now. If I got a 52 ATV it would be pretty worthless. Same for a 60. I guess I would need it bent. Has anyone bent these yet? Any issues?

Tap Tap Taparoo

Well I have a 54 degree 588 right now. If I got a 52 ATV it would be pretty worthless. Same for a 60. I guess I would need it bent. Has anyone bent these yet? Any issues?

Tap Tap Taparoo

Considering buying another 50 and pulling off a 4* bend to replace my PW. And I too love the grip. encourages me to choke down and gain that extra accuracy.

Considering buying another 50 and pulling off a 4* bend to replace my PW. And I too love the grip. encourages me to choke down and gain that extra accuracy.

You will not be able to do that very likely. Most cast wedges can't be bent much past a degree or two. 4* will just destroy the wedge.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Tap Tap Taparoo

Why would a 60* be worthless? Do you really like a 58* that much more than a 60*?

Ughhh just realized they dont make the ATV in 50-54-58 in LH. Only 52-56-50. Is it worth bending them to 50 and 58?

I have seen a 54* in lh no 50* though.
gb

I have seen a 54* in lh no 50* though.
gb

According to TMaG website they do not make the ATV in LH in 54 deg

Tap Tap Taparoo

I want to post a pic of my ATV wedge paint fill....lime green to match my full RBZ setup. I guess I have to have more posts:arrogant:

I wonder if it is against the testing rules to paint fill my wedge haha I love to do paint fills. . .

I wonder if it is against the testing rules to paint fill my wedge haha I love to do paint fills. . .

I would imagine after posting initial pics it wouldn't be a prob. Won't affect the way the club plays in any way.

Don't take my word though. PM JB and he'll get back to you with a quickness.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

You will not be able to do that very likely. Most cast wedges can't be bent much past a degree or two. 4* will just destroy the wedge.
I agree, that's a lot to try and bend a cast wedge.

I would check with TM before trying that. One of the reasons this club is so easy to hit is the low leading edge. If you weaken the loft the leading edge will be even lower. At some point it will be too low.

Get to cracking! We want to see that.
I can't figure out how to post the pic...insert image says for a URL

Disregard..I can't post yet..forum rules I think (NEW GUY)

I can't figure out how to post the pic...insert image says for a URL

Disregard..I can't post yet..forum rules I think (NEW GUY)

You should be able to just post the link, right? I can't remember for certain how it all works, but I thought new members just weren't allowed to embed pictures until 30 posts (??).

Ok, I can post a pic but it 2 MB which is too big. I have no idea on a MAC to resize a pic..Anyone know how?
Sorry if this is off topic.

Ok, I can post a pic but it 2 MB which is too big. I have no idea on a MAC to resize a pic..Anyone know how?
Sorry if this is off topic.
Use photobucket, then just copy the pic url and paste it and the pic will show up.

According to TMaG website they do not make the ATV in LH in 54 deg

Tap Tap Taparoo

I held and hit a 54* lh atv wedge yesterday. Chrome finish model so they are out there>
gb

I held and hit a 54* lh atv wedge yesterday. Chrome finish model so they are out there>
gb

That's pretty cool, I've personally never seen a left handed ATV since my shops don't carry them but I bet they have them somewhere like lefty here says, unless it's fake haha Just kidding.

I really am excited for this wedge it's so crazy anticipating when it will arrive, I guess it feels like the morgan cup people feel haha

I forgot to add they had 58* in left hand as well and it was a Taylormade demo day with TM a rep on site .
gb

Dang I never was aware that I needed lower bounce for crips chips, I am excited to see what this atv will be like on all my shots, i am hoping that I can stop chunking shots over the green hah, I hope that this will be my go to wedge!

So while I was waiting for the dealer to get my R11s 5 wood in order, I tried out the ATV for the first time and I was completely in love. Just to be fair, I used the 56, and I tried chipping, pitching and flop shots and I was impressed. Sure it was just a mat, but i was amazed at how easy it was to not hit it fat! I can't wait till the testing begins because I wasn't to see how it works on the course and under pressure!

So while I was waiting for the dealer to get my R11s 5 wood in order, I tried out the ATV for the first time and I was completely in love. Just to be fair, I used the 56, and I tried chipping, pitching and flop shots and I was impressed. Sure it was just a mat, but i was amazed at how easy it was to not hit it fat! I can't wait till the testing begins because I wasn't to see how it works on the course and under pressure!

Good stuff, uriel.

I think I am going to swing by GG on my way home tonight to give these a look and maybe a swing or 20. I'm far too impatient to wait for either the 56° or my 50° to get here.

Good stuff, uriel.

I think I am going to swing by GG on my way home tonight to give these a look and maybe a swing or 20. I'm far too impatient to wait for either the 56° or my 50° to get here.

Yeah I'm all anxious! I really liked how I never hit the ball bad. I got decent loft and it was the first time I could hit pitches without rolling the ball by hitting it bad!

Well like it was meant to be both my wedges acted up yesterday. The 58* cost me two balls because it both thin across the green and into the woods. If I had been playing with ****** he could have gone in after them but I wasnt going in there. I guess Im looking forward to this 56* ATV arriving and finding out what it can do.

Back