Anyone wear a watch during their round?

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
I thought it be an it'd be an interesting thread because of some people swear against it and some people swear by it. I have mixed feelings, I wore one from my collection during a match with a rival school. I needed to check the time due to pace of play reasons(the school we played had a reputation of slow play) and because I am guilty of being a compulsive time checker. It wasnt anything terribly flashy. Just one of my Tommy Bahamas that I got as a gift. But I wore it and I thought I'd be hindered by it, but I actually found uit didnt bother me. Whats your opinions?

No, never I don't want something on my wrist.

No I find them annoying when I swing and I'm always afraid that i'm going to screw them up!

I always wear a watch, so to not have one on at any time drives me crazy.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I wear a watch, actually a Garmin S-1 GPS watch. Have always worn one so it doesn't bother me, and the GPS feature is really convenient-always have yardage at hand. Not as much info as a normal gps, just front mid and back, but I am not good enough yet for that to be an issue.

I wear one, I miss the weight of the watch when it's not on my wrist

I wear my watch all the time. It has a velcro strap so it doesn't flop around.

Now the craziest thing I've seen is a person using their iPod nano as a watch during a round, I couldn't do that

I wear my watch pretty much all the time, including on the course.
It's a relatively light weight Timex Ironman and I hardly even notice I'm wearing it.

I don't wear a watch when I'm not golfing.

I wear my big chunk of metal. Doesn't bother me. I find that once I'm at address, watches, minor aches and pains, etc...all go away until the swing is over.

Of course, if it was a bad shot, those aches and pains come back worse. :)

never ever

Only on PS3

I almost always were a watch when I play. I found that when I use to take it off while playing I felt like I was missing something. I guess that is due to always wearing a watch.

I dont normally wear a watch, so no, I dont wear one out on the course. Id wear one if I had a Rolex or some other really nice watch. Why not? I mean, who wouldnt want to wear something that says, "I have more money that you." :loser:

I wear a watch all the time, including on the course. It is just a $20 Timex Ironman Triathlon that I bought to wear a work (needed something that can take a beating, and not worry about scratches etc) and it has a velcro strap so it's always snug.

Never! Forgot to take it off before hitting ball one game and was quickly reminded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never wear one either.
My watch is somewhat loose on my wrist and it interferes with putting on/taking off gloves.
Never really thought about it much, but most wear their watches on their opposite hand- same hand they usually wear their golf glove on.

Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

I almost always were a watch when I play. I found that when I use to take it off while playing I felt like I was missing something. I guess that is due to always wearing a watch.

I used to like the extra weight on my lead arm, I thought it helped remind me to keep it straight and feel the pull through the ball, might be psychological but it seemed to help.

Now that i think about it, the only time I've ever worn a watch during play, It stopped working! I guess now I only wear one on x box.

I wear one during matches due to the tournament rule of no phones for any reason. So I figured if I need the time to check pace, why not wear one? I just usually wear a Tommy bahama Relax watch. plus the "Relax" engraved on the buckle is great for swing thoughts:act-up:

I dont, Im not sure why really

Most of my watches have metal bands and I like to wear them slightly loose. So, that would not be a good thing during the swing.

My leather banded watches wouldn't slip, but I don't want the bands to get sweaty.

So, no watches during golf for me.

I wear my fancy-schmancy Fossil watch on the golf course. I feel naked without a watch.

Tap tap taparoo

Back