First round with new clubs

theninja

Reaction score
Handicap
slice
Tee minus two hours til I get to tee off using my new fitted TM Burner 2.0 clubs. Playing with my buddy who has been beating me up all season, 15 - 2. I am feeling very confident these clubs will make a big difference in the outcome today. I feel like I used to before a big football game. I may have to tackle him if he is winning after 9 to take him out of his game.
Has anyone experienced an instant improvement in your game with simply a new set of clubs?

When I upgraded to the Burners last season I had a horrible first round. But, after two weeks I got used to them on the course. They were great at the range, but the course was a different story. I recently changed to the R11s and while I'll miss the extra distance (from the Burners) I won't miss the inconsistency. But, two friends of mine love their Burners and play them well.

Confidence is everything is golf, if you love your swing you're going to love the way you play that day :) Good luck!

The only club I've seen an instant improvement was my R11s 5 wood that I bought two days ago. I've never been able to do that with any other club. Now since you were properly fitted for your Irons, I am hoping you will see some really great results.

I am so glad you got them! I can't wait to hear how your round goes!

Be prepared for a round that has its highs and lows, it took me a couple range sessions and a couple rounds to get used to my Burner 2.0's.

It all pays off though, when you start hitting them dead solid perfect.

Haha, my tee time is at 415 so I also have two hours until my first round with my new clubs. Nice going on the burners. They came in a very close 2nd the my Clevelands. We'll see how it goes!

Can't wait to hear how they worked out for you good luck.

Took me a few months to get used to my irons when I first got them. But I was going from a hand me down set to new irons that had been fitted for me so that was a huge difference right there.

It's not impossible. I gave a go to some i20s about a two months ago. In three rounds I shot 78, 74, 76 with em. It ain't the arrow, but good arrow definitely improve the Indian.

I would agree with what many of the others have said. There will be a period of time for you to get used to them. Once you spend the time on the range and course, you will love your purchase. The biggest issue I had with the 2.0s was that my distances were completely new, you have a hot club with a juiced loft. Flown greens were a huge problem my first month or so, just account for it and swing away.

Yea, it took me a few rounds to get used to the extra yardage with my 2.0's.
Once I did, my confidence in the irons skyrocketed.

Well I shot the second best round of the season so far, a 92 the first outing with these bad boys. And I beat my buddy who also just got new clubs (Ping clones). I started off slow with a couple dbl bogies and a triple on a par 3 (took me 3 shots to go 100 yards lol), but once I decided to just give it a nice controlled swing, bam!, 3 pars in a row. A couple bogies followed, but then the elusive birdie! When I give these clubs a nice controlled swing they go straight, with a nice high loft, and I hit 10-15 yards further than I am used to. When I hit the sweet spot I cant even tell I hit a ball. I was money with the the 9i from 90 - 110 out, the 3 hybrid started off rough because I was trying to crush it. But once I started the controlled swing, I was hitting great shot with it. If I didn't screw the pooch on a couple par 3's I would have hit in the 80's for the first time in a long long time. I think I will sleep with these clubs tonight. LOL

Sounds like you're going to enjoy them. Good job!

Well I shot the second best round of the season so far, a 92 the first outing with these bad boys. And I beat my buddy who also just got new clubs (Ping clones). I started off slow with a couple dbl bogies and a triple on a par 3 (took me 3 shots to go 100 yards lol), but once I decided to just give it a nice controlled swing, bam!, 3 pars in a row. A couple bogies followed, but then the elusive birdie! When I give these clubs a nice controlled swing they go straight, with a nice high loft, and I hit 10-15 yards further than I am used to. When I hit the sweet spot I cant even tell I hit a ball. I was money with the the 9i from 90 - 110 out, the 3 hybrid started off rough because I was trying to crush it. But once I started the controlled swing, I was hitting great shot with it. If I didn't screw the pooch on a couple par 3's I would have hit in the 80's for the first time in a long long time. I think I will sleep with these clubs tonight. LOL

Good to hear! Confidence is over half the battle and it sounds like you have that figured out.

dude, that is great to hear. Really happy you played so well, and beat your buddy!

Back