Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played today for this first time in 10 days. Pondering wedges again. Really want Scor's but I have book money I need to use. 588's, J40's or SM4's? Hmmm...

J40 - no question! All great options honestly but I am a little biased. :D

Stock shafts rock as well in the BStone's!

Played today for this first time in 10 days. Pondering wedges again. Really want Scor's but I have book money I need to use. 588's, J40's or SM4's? Hmmm...

Neither I would look into the Taylormade ATV they are the ultimate wedge because they are designed with relative bounce angle for each shot!

Neither I would look into the Taylormade ATV they are the ultimate wedge because they are designed with relative bounce angle for each shot!

Dual bounce? You mean....like....the.....SCOR's?

lol

I revise my opinion. Wake is not the Na of wedge ordering, you are. :alien:
No more backing off the Hawkponder : p

Thanks bro. I will holla at him tonight

Easier to PM me for these mate. I miss this posts sometimes. Also don't forget the man, myth and legend that is TC guys. There's a reason he's the shaft tester, MC Captain etc. The Mountain Man knows his stuff.

Thanks Tuna, but there's some iron shafts that I just don't have experience with.

Ha ha ha. Thanks guys and yes I am the Na of wedge ordering. I need to do it ASAP though. I wish my work stocked Scors so I could use my book money. I may just have to use some graduation money to buy I set...I've already talked to the local rep about a fitting. Lol.

If nothing else JConn, getting the SCOR fitting done gives you a number of things
A: Insight into your wedge gaps and what will work for you hopefully across brands

B: Piece of mind. You'll know right then is the SCOR's are everything you hoped and dreamed or not. If not at least you'll have a appriciation of the brand, can talk to others about the things they do really well and why they didn't work for you. SCOR makes a great product but like everything else, some people suit it better then others and if nothing else, getting SCOR's name out there so people can make informed wedge buying choices can only be a good thing for the consumer.

Good point Tuna. I'm going to call him tomorrow to see when he's available. Do you still have your 51 and 55?

If I don't use my book money on wedges, what should I use it on? Oh let the ponders begin.

If you really want the SCORs, do what you can to get them dude! Use that book money on something else nice.

Good point Tuna. I'm going to call him tomorrow to see when he's available. Do you still have your 51 and 55?

If I don't use my book money on wedges, what should I use it on? Oh let the ponders begin.

Yup.

Driver shaft? Custom fit 3 wood?

TM MATT Lab appointment next Saturday so I'm sure once I come back from that I'll be pondering a whole new bag. I'm excited and scared at the same time.

Pondering thread was very slow today...

I spent about 4 hours looking for wedges, still pondering wedges, thinking SCOR, ATV's, Wishon...
Also pondering a Classic, even though I really like my current driver.
Also pondering a Wishon 775 hybo

oh the humanity.

I spent about 4 hours looking for wedges, still pondering wedges, thinking SCOR, ATV's, Wishon...

oh the humanity.

Do you have an affiliation with Wishon? Just kidding man, good to hear they are working out great for you, never hit one before.

oh the humanity.

Well the ATV wedges are amazing, I tried them out again this week and I was amazed, every chip, pitch, flop and lob shot was crisp and easy to hit, I did not hit one thin, plus you never have to worry about having too little or too much bounce for a specific shot. It has a fancy grip that's longer than traditional wedges for grip this is good cause I use my wedges choked down most often around the green.

Do you have an affiliation with Wishon? Just kidding man, good to hear they are working out great for you, never hit one before.

Wishon is muy good. The wedges get some great feedback about them to.

Hard to find/hear-about because they are components, SUPER quality though IMO.

Thanks to Tapatalk loading the wrong thread I'm now reinterested in the new method putters. Post MC putter shootout!

--
Tapatalk2

Well, add the ATV's to my wedge pondering list. I just found out there is a TM demo day at my work this weekend.

TM MATT Lab appointment next Saturday so I'm sure once I come back from that I'll be pondering a whole new bag. I'm excited and scared at the same time.

That's going to be cool, the only thing you should be scared of is the price of a completely fitted set haha

Cookie has the iron heads in his custom KBS shafts, they were decent enough to hit and from what I have read and heard they are on the tops of most components list, but to me they just didnt match up to any of the OEM irons that I hit at demo day (including Macgregor).

JMAN's sugar mama makes too much money and now he's going all fancy on us... LL Driver, Black Tie shaft, Devotion shaft, he'll be bagging Wishon soon, and already in the talks of an even mo' sicka putter collection...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

You have an affiliation with Nike? :bashful: i kid, i kid. I've never tried Wishon wedges, and they would be much cheaper than SCOR's and ATV's. I have the cash now, but it's hard for me to justify spending more on 3 wedges than all my irons, perhaps I'm being crazy though.

Well the ATV wedges are amazing, I tried them out again this week and I was amazed, every chip, pitch, flop and lob shot was crisp and easy to hit, I did not hit one thin, plus you never have to worry about having too little or too much bounce for a specific shot. It has a fancy grip that's longer than traditional wedges for grip this is good cause I use my wedges choked down most often around the green.
I swung it in the store, but really prefer to test wedges on real grass. The ATV's might be the ticket though. I hate their looks, and am not much of a TM fan in general. I'm waiting to hear some more feedback on them on here before I think too much about them.

I really wish there was a TMAG demo day around here, but alas there is not.

JMAN's sugar mama makes too much money and now he's going all fancy on us... LL Driver, Black Tie shaft, Devotion shaft, he'll be bagging Wishon soon, and already in the talks of an even mo' sicka putter collection...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.
Jman has a few Wishon clubs already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back