Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you only purchase a dozen balls per year?

Of course not hahaha! This is my first dozen of the year and I want to start playing one single kind off ball regularly with maybe an alternate in case theyre out of stock

Yep - even if I did go back to them in the future I would want a different loft setup as the 47, 52, 57 configuration does not blend in with the J40 lofts the way I would like.
Yeah, I can see that. That was my only issue when I had yours in the bag, I went from a 45* PW to the 47* Scor.

How do you find them compared to the J40s?

I have played the J40's in the past and honestly have had really good experiences with both. I really do like the SCOR's but I have more confidence with the larger head profile of the J40's. Both have variable/dual sole types of design which is a must for me. The SCOR's look amazing next to the J40's though.

Yep - even if I did go back to them in the future I would want a different loft setup as the 47, 52, 57 configuration does not blend in with the J40 lofts the way I would like.

I'll trade ya a 50 for the 47......

Yeah, I can see that. That was my only issue when I had yours in the bag, I went from a 45* PW to the 47* Scor.

Exactly, the 47* was to replace the PW in the VR Pro Combo's and then I went to the 5* gaps after that.

Exactly, the 47* was to replace the PW in the VR Pro Combo's and then I went to the 5* gaps after that.
Exactly, and that makes perfect sense.

Do you only purchase a dozen balls per year?

I do. U mad?

Just kidding, but I wish I only purchased one dozen a year. Wouldn't that be nice? Open up the funds to ponder other stuff I don't need.

I'll trade ya a 50 for the 47......

Appreciate the offer but only trade I would do is for the R11S in 9* with the stiff RIP Phenom shaft. I am good on wedges with the J40's arriving. I will put a post up soon and see if there is interest.

I do. U mad?

Just kidding, but I wish I only purchased one dozen a year. Wouldn't that be nice? Open up the funds to ponder other stuff I don't need.
Not at all. Just by the post he made saying "It's that time of year again to purchase a dozen balls..." made it seem like it was only purchased once per year.

Not at all. Just by the post he made saying "It's that time of year again to purchase a dozen balls..." made it seem like it was only purchased once per year.

No I purchase a few every year. More so now with how often ill be playing. Just wondered how the e6 RBZ and Q Star stood up against each other.

I got ya, I was just messing with you. I read it the same way...I'm guess it had to have been a typo of some sort. If not, kudos to him.

I'm pondering some Rocket Tour headcovers, a Super Stroke grip for my putter (still), and a few other things I can't recall at the moment. Oh, a Leadbetter "perfect grip" grip for my Tour Striker Pro that I practice with. My grip keeps getting out of whack, and I feel like this will help to keep it on track. Anyone used one of these? Thoughts?

Is ChunkyColoneling a thing yet? I think we need to make it one.

By the by, I will get to all the PM's today guys. I'm just slammed at work, so it might take to the evening. Cheers!

Its all about the shafts! You are a boss!

Not all mate. The head is just as important as the shaft as is getting the proper grip size. It's just lots of people snag the head they like, slap on the grip they want and go to town when they're missing the exit to Vegas by getting the shaft done as well.

ST, Devo is curing in the corner in the 290. I'm excited.

I think the M3 is going to murderize the Devo for you in a driver but it's a pretty interesting setup and something fun to swap around the LLM3.

I need to try a center shafted putter. Scotty GoLo S? Hrmmmm

FWIW, I found the Golo S much better then I expcted. Good feel, nice looks and nicely balanced but not to the point where you can't feel the head.

Tuna, in my pm I told you I was going to to get numbers today.. Waited all lunch break and didn't get to hit launch monitor. Will try tonight after work

Officially pondering selling a spare Nike Golf bag I have laying around to fund further ponderings I may or may not have, or at least the greens fees I am going to incur

Officially pondering selling a spare Nike Golf bag I have laying around to fund further ponderings I may or may not have, or at least the greens fees I am going to incur

I would be interested in the Nike bag if youdecide to sell it.

I got ya, I was just messing with you. I read it the same way...I'm guess it had to have been a typo of some sort. If not, kudos to him.

I'm pondering some Rocket Tour headcovers, a Super Stroke grip for my putter (still), and a few other things I can't recall at the moment. Oh, a Leadbetter "perfect grip" grip for my Tour Striker Pro that I practice with. My grip keeps getting out of whack, and I feel like this will help to keep it on track. Anyone used one of these? Thoughts?

Pulled the trigger on the Leadbetter grip thingy for my TS Pro, so that ponder was very short lived.

The Super Stroke Slim Lite is still living in full ponder mode for now. I'd give it about a week, by a week from now I suspect the trigger will be pulled on one...even though I know I should just ride it out with the Iomic due to how well I've been putting lately.

I think the M3 is going to murderize the Devo for you in a driver but it's a pretty interesting setup and something fun to swap around the LLM3.

Maybe, but for 3-4 weeks this should be fun too! I'm excited, certainly feel the load/unload differently than my Black was when I was out in the yard getting after swings. We shall see though.

Plus if I don't get SCOR+Spinner action for sure tomorrow WE is gonna kill me through the internet lol

I'm not pondering the I20 irons anymore. Not because I bought them either. I just wasn't in love with the feel. My TaylorMade MBs feel much better to me and my misses with the I20s is the same.

They were nice clubs, don't get me wrong but not my cup of tea.

I am pondering a driver though. I hit the Classic, RAZR fit and mizuno mp650. None of them really impressed me overall. The razr fit would have to be opened according to the LM and then that lowers the loft too much IMO. My launch angle for the 10.5* classic averaged like 11.2* and the 10.5* razr was 12.5. Distance was the same for both. The mizuno was terrible on the monitor but on the range I hit it well. I don't know how much I trust the monitor though. It put the majority of my shots with about 1200-1600rpm of spin.

What other drivers should I look at? I am thinking the i20 may be nice. I love the i20 3 wood I got.

I'm not pondering the I20 irons anymore. Not because I bought them either. I just wasn't in love with the feel. My TaylorMade MBs feel much better to me and my misses with the I20s is the same.

I am pondering a driver though. I hit the Classic, RAZR fit and mizuno mp650. None of them really impressed me overall. The razr fit would have to be opened according to the LM and then that lowers the loft too much IMO. My launch angle for the 10.5* classic averaged like 11.2* and the 10.5* razr was 12.5. Distance was the same for both. The mizuno was terrible on the monitor but on the range I hit it well. I don't know how much I trust the monitor though. It put the majority of my shots with about 1200-1600rpm of spin.

What other drivers should I look at? I am thinking the i20 may be nice. I love the i20 3 wood I got.

What was your SS? 12-1600rpm of spin is way too low, especially at that launch angle. The Classic and Razr Fit are both low spinning heads, you might want to try something a bit higher spinning. Razr Black wouldn't be a bad one to look at if you like Callaway. Maybe a Cleveland Black would be worth a look also.

Another thing to consider is what kind of ball YOU play. Those distance rocks they give you to hit usually knock off a LOT of spin!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

What was your SS? 12-1600rpm of spin is way too low, especially at that launch angle. The Classic and Razr Fit are both low spinning heads, you might want to try something a bit higher spinning. Razr Black wouldn't be a bad one to look at if you like Callaway. Maybe a Cleveland Black would be worth a look also.

112-114 was my average SS.

New driver, 3 wood, and hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back