Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this the other night; has THP ever had any forum testing that dealt with gadgets or electronics? i.e. Rangefinders, GPS, any other kind of golf gadgets?

I was thinking about this the other night; has THP ever had any forum testing that dealt with gadgets or electronics? i.e. Rangefinders, GPS, any other kind of golf gadgets?

Not that I can recall. Those are always JB testing, haha.

So this is the first line in the bgr.com review of the new MacBook Pro "This week we take a look at Apple’s brand new MacBook Pro with Retina display, arguably the best laptop ever made. It’s thinner, it’s lighter, and it’s borderline insane in many ways — a whopping 2880 x 1800-pixel display, no ethernet port, no optical drive, and it starts at $2,199."

Wow could they be any bigger homers? Im getting ready to take BGR off my daily visit list.

So this is the first line in the bgr.com review of the new MacBook Pro "This week we take a look at Apple’s brand new MacBook Pro with Retina display, arguably the best laptop ever made. It’s thinner, it’s lighter, and it’s borderline insane in many ways — a whopping 2880 x 1800-pixel display, no ethernet port, no optical drive, and it starts at $2,199."

Wow could they be any bigger homers? Im getting ready to take BGR off my daily visit list.

makes me want to go right out and buy it

I read BGR on a daily basis, mainly to read the hilarious comments under their articles.

lol I'm surprised they still allow comments the way they get ripped. On another note best buy mobile claims they dont have my S3 yet.

lol I'm surprised they still allow comments the way they get ripped. On another note best buy mobile claims they dont have my S3 yet.
That sucks. I still dont have any confirmation on a ship date on mine from Verizon.

That is what happens when you report falsities. There are lots of sites out there that just throw a bunch of garbage out and when one or two stick, they say "Look at us we were right". Its a downright shame, because it gives the work that many do, to report real news a bad name.

That is what happens when you report falsities. There are lots of sites out there that just throw a bunch of garbage out and when one or two stick, they say "Look at us we were right". Its a downright shame, because it gives the work that many do, to report real news a bad name.
It's funny how often BGR is wrong. Yet, when they get something right, they remind every body about it every chance they get. For example, every time there is something new leaked about the new iPhone, the end of the BGR article says something like, "BGR was the first to report that there would be a radical design change to the iPhone 5" and then they link to that article they worte in december.

This is probably boring to most out there, but I'm now doing research on the new "Share Everything" plans that Verizon is coming out with on June 28. There have been some "gloom and doom" articles on the web about these plans in terms of additional costs. However, in doing the math after looking at the bills over the past few months, it looks like my wife and I could end up saving somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-60 dollars per month, depending on how much my corporate discount will cover. I'm planning on going into a Verizon store this week to figure all of it out, because if it saves us any money, I'm making the switch to the new plan. Here's a PDF that explains the plans:
http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/pdf/verizon_share_everything_plan_details.pdf

Thanks for that link- worth investigating the 'share everything' plans

Hmm...never been much of a mac owner because the price point has never made sense to me personally. I have 3 pc's (laptop, netbook, desktop) and have been very satisfied throughout college. Been able to do everything I've needed to do at an extremely awesome price. However, I'm pretty impressed by the new Macbook air. Especially if they drop the price like what's rumored to compete with the price of some of the new ultrabooks, I may be taking a hard look into Macbook air land. I thought about the new 15" pro also (without the retina display), but I refuse to own another computer without an SSD, and I'm not paying Apple $300 to put one in when the Air comes standard with one. I use external hard drives for storage and backup anyways, so space isn't a concern to me.

This is probably boring to most out there, but I'm now doing research on the new "Share Everything" plans that Verizon is coming out with on June 28. There have been some "gloom and doom" articles on the web about these plans in terms of additional costs. However, in doing the math after looking at the bills over the past few months, it looks like my wife and I could end up saving somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-60 dollars per month, depending on how much my corporate discount will cover. I'm planning on going into a Verizon store this week to figure all of it out, because if it saves us any money, I'm making the switch to the new plan. Here's a PDF that explains the plans:
http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/pdf/verizon_share_everything_plan_details.pdf

I currently have a unlimited plan with my smartphone.
I have to look real close at the costs of trying to add another smart phone with the new pricing plan Ary.
I believe if I switch I'll for ever loose my unlimited and that would not be cool.

I have to look real close at the costs of trying to add another smart phone with the new pricing plan Ary.
I believe if I switch I'll for ever loose my unlimited and that would not be cool.

That's the dangers of switching I Shark you may lose your grandfathered rights

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I would look at adding a line then switching primary lines after. I am in the same boat and have weighted options.

Sent from my Rooted TBolt

I would look at adding a line then switching primary lines after. I am in the same boat and have weighted options.

I've got 2 dumb phones and a smart phone on the plan right now.
GF been wanting a smartphone I hate having to pay for it to keep her happy.
I'll look at the options real close.

I've got 2 dumb phones and a smart phone on the plan right now.
GF been wanting a smartphone I hate having to pay for it to keep her happy.
I'll look at the options real close.

Get one for yourself and the give her phone to her and you should be good.

Hmm... an HTC One XXL, competition to the Galaxy Note? Phablets seem to be on the rise...and I am interested in this one!
HTC_One_XXL_concept_1-540x303.png

just not sure about phablets....prob a pain to have on your waist and prob annoying to have in your pocket?

just not sure about phablets....prob a pain to have on your waist and prob annoying to have in your pocket?
I could see the problem, but of the people I know that have the Note, they claim with it being so thin that it isnt a problem. I just like the idea of only carrying one device (phone + tablet) instead of two. I am hoping I can accomplish that with the Galaxy S3 (4.8 in screen).

Hmm... an HTC One XXL, competition to the Galaxy Note? Phablets seem to be on the rise...and I am interested in this one!
HTC_One_XXL_concept_1-540x303.png

Oh why did I have to see that...Half of me hopes its on Sprint, and the other half hopes it isn't, just because my decision would be difficult...

Oh why did I have to see that...Half of me hopes its on Sprint, and the other half hopes it isn't, just because my decision would be difficult...
From what I have seen, it will be on Verizon. This would explain why they went with another HTC Incredible phone instead of going with the One series from HTC.

From what I have seen, it will be on Verizon. This would explain why they went with another HTC Incredible phone instead of going with the One series from HTC.

I've been reading a bit about it after seeing that photo, and of what I've read people only have named Sprint, Verizon and ATT because they have 4G LTE markets up already (and it's a 4G LTE phone).

I can see that too....but do you really think that those who have a phablet and a tablet would leave the tablet at home when say travelling?

I could see the problem, but of the people I know that have the Note, they claim with it being so thin that it isnt a problem. I just like the idea of only carrying one device (phone + tablet) instead of two. I am hoping I can accomplish that with the Galaxy S3 (4.8 in screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back