Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

I decided that to practice for the Morgan Cup, I am doing only one thing. Listening to Vanilla Ice 24 hours a day and 6 days a week (cmon now, Sunday is off limits) and taking practice swings. I want to feel the music as I work on my practice swings. Now dont confuse yourself. I am not taking practice swings to help my game, just merely practice swings to work on my pre-shot routine. It is up to 48 seconds before pulling the trigger, but that is weak. With practice I can get it to at least 1 minute and 41 seconds before swinging.

hahaha...are you guys making this slow stuff up?

Great prep work there CB and TC! I already knew you guys were playing well but playing well under those conditions for each of you respectively is another story. Job well done gents and Breezy - that's a very nice bit of cash won bro!

I decided that to practice for the Morgan Cup, I am doing only one thing. Listening to Vanilla Ice 24 hours a day and 6 days a week (cmon now, Sunday is off limits) and taking practice swings. I want to feel the music as I work on my practice swings. Now dont confuse yourself. I am not taking practice swings to help my game, just merely practice swings to work on my pre-shot routine. It is up to 48 seconds before pulling the trigger, but that is weak. With practice I can get it to at least 1 minute and 41 seconds before swinging.

You are smart to do this.

hahaha...are you guys making this slow stuff up?

Didn't you see the video? Apparently it takes 8 practice swings to get IN in the groove from 75 yards.

hahaha, my video was exactly the opposite. One-T hold bushnell and steps back until we find 75 yards. He says, "right here dude". I say "ok". I drop ball and hit it. LOL.

I saw the video, I am giving him the benefit of doubt. I dont think he will be slow. *crosses fingers and prays*

48 seconds? You have a long way to go hehe

Part of my prep has been my preshot routine. I don't take a practice swing anymore and it is not because of time, but because of the amount of golf I will be playing that weekend. I figure, the less swings I take, the longer my body can go without getting tired.

I do take practice swings on chips though.

I saw the video, I am giving him the benefit of doubt. I dont think he will be slow. *crosses fingers and prays*

I dont make my preparation up. I am taking it quite seriously. I have also asked that my wife kick me in the groin repeatedly for 30 second stretches. To me that is pretty similar to slow play, so I want to be prepared. Vanilla Flav can bring his worst, I will be ready.

I think that I should decide if someone is playing slow or not, considering my experience last year.

I think that I should decide if someone is playing slow or not, considering my experience last year.
hahaha...to be fair....6 others played the weekend with him

Along with working on my practice swings, I have also decided to work on my gravitas. It seems that good leaders have that, and I want to make sure that I can lead my team to battle well.

Along with working on my practice swings, I have also decided to work on my gravitas. It seems that good leaders have that, and I want to make sure that I can lead my team to battle well.

Wear blue facepaint. I hear that helps good leaders as well.

Wear blue facepaint. I hear that helps good leaders as well.

And if you are gonna wear the blue facepaint, you should definitely get yourself a hobby horse as well !!!

Played 18 this morning. 9 for score and 9 to work on things. I then hit the range after. Had a pretty good round all things considered. Shot a 41 with 3 penalty strokes (couldn't get off the tee). Then worked on some different course management things on the back and hit a few balls per spot to work on setting up shots. At the range I pounded a bucket with my driver as this was my major problem this week. Just inconsistent. Some holes I hit it as far as I have ever hit a driver, others I have a pull hook that just seems to show up. The good news is my 3 wood is my money club and I can hit it quite a long way.

I hit the range this morning after a quick workout. Nice overcast day to start off and cooler than I was expecting. I ended up playing 9 holes and hit the ball beautifully. Played a match with one of regular buddies and he didn't have a chance. I think I won 3 and 2 for the 9 holes. His cap is a 4 and that was me having a bad putting day for me.

My prep for this event is really coming along well. Just completely infatuated with the bag my sponsor has so graciously supplied me with. Top to bottom, they are so good it's not even funny.

Next up is the little mini outing some of the Florida THPers are getting together for this Saturday. Should be a fun time.

After my doctors appointment, I headed straight over to the chipping green. My J40 wedges look and feel awesome on little chips! I worked on keeping my lower body quiet through the chip. I also used the 2012 B330 balls to see how they will react to my wedges and on the green. They spun nicely, but they also released to the hole giving me a chance for a chip in. I do have a bad habit of hitting chips with a closed face and I worked on making sure that the blade was at least neutral so I can get a little more height on my shots. I also worked on flop shots to a tight pin. I love wedge practice!

After the doctor yesterday it doesn't look like I will be getting practice this weekend. Rest and relaxation was prescribed. So basically practicing for TP

After my doctors appointment, I headed straight over to the chipping green. My J40 wedges look and feel awesome on little chips! I worked on keeping my lower body quiet through the chip. I also used the 2012 B330 balls to see how they will react to my wedges and on the green. They spun nicely, but they also released to the hole giving me a chance for a chip in. I do have a bad habit of hitting chips with a closed face and I worked on making sure that the blade was at least neutral so I can get a little more height on my shots. I also worked on flop shots to a tight pin. I love wedge practice!

Nice Seth, wedge practice is my favorite as well. With the new sticks arriving today I plan on being at the course most of the weekend.

So last night, I decided it was time to get my preparation serious. I decided I needed to work on a few things for my upcoming match with INGolfer. I got the necessary tools of a stop watch, a game of parcheesi and a sleeping mask. It is very important in a match such as this to stay focused and with in yourself, so during his 73 practice swings, I will be able to nod off with my sleeping mask right in the cart. For times when there is just too much energy, I grabbed the game of parcheesi. Nothing like a board game to settle down the nerves that are not there. Lastly the stop watch. This way when the ranger comes up to us on the 3rd hole and says "Guys, you need to pick up the pace" and INGolfer continues to say "Im not slow" I can show him his 17 minutes of pre shot routine are in fact running a little long in the tooth. I think Im ready.

Nice Seth, wedge practice is my favorite as well. With the new sticks arriving today I plan on being at the course most of the weekend.

They are so beautiful! I am playing tomorrow morning and Sunday. I can't wait to get out there with my new irons.

So last night, I decided it was time to get my preparation serious. I decided I needed to work on a few things for my upcoming match with INGolfer. I got the necessary tools of a stop watch, a game of parcheesi and a sleeping mask. It is very important in a match such as this to stay focused and with in yourself, so during his 73 practice swings, I will be able to nod off with my sleeping mask right in the cart. For times when there is just too much energy, I grabbed the game of parcheesi. Nothing like a board game to settle down the nerves that are not there. Lastly the stop watch. This way when the ranger comes up to us on the 3rd hole and says "Guys, you need to pick up the pace" and INGolfer continues to say "Im not slow" I can show him his 17 minutes of pre shot routine are in fact running a little long in the tooth. I think Im ready.

You might want to add some ear plugs as the groups behind you keep asking to play through and that could ruin your nap. I would have recommended flood lights but your match won't go the distance.

lol @ parcheesi. I bet Jake loses.

I hit the range last night again with my irons to continue to fix my grip and takeaway. I thought I was hitting it pretty well for the most part. I might get out on the course tonight, but if not I know I will tomorrow morning. I've actually put a lot prep time in to my game this week, probably the most prep time I've really put in all year in one week, so I'm interested to see how it carries over to the course.

I hit the range this morning after a quick workout. Nice overcast day to start off and cooler than I was expecting. I ended up playing 9 holes and hit the ball beautifully. Played a match with one of regular buddies and he didn't have a chance. I think I won 3 and 2 for the 9 holes. His cap is a 4 and that was me having a bad putting day for me.

My prep for this event is really coming along well. Just completely infatuated with the bag my sponsor has so graciously supplied me with. Top to bottom, they are so good it's not even funny.

Next up is the little mini outing some of the Florida THPers are getting together for this Saturday. Should be a fun time.

That is awesome Biggsy. Good to see you handing out that beat down, and you are right, our sponsor is amazing! Have fun with the other THPers Saturday, and let us know how it goes.

Back