Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

Well, just wanted to update how pleased I am with PING at the moment. Just got word my new irons have already been shipped and they are due for delivery tomorrow! I obviously shouldn't game them in my last league match tomorrow but how can I not try them out if they arrive in time?

I really want to say thanks to PING for pulling out the stops to get these to me and again thanks to all who have reported their results in this thread. This is just so awesome!

Well, just wanted to update how pleased I am with PING at the moment. Just got word my new irons have already been shipped and they are due for delivery tomorrow! I obviously shouldn't game them in my last league match tomorrow but how can I not try them out if they arrive in time?

I really want to say thanks to PING for pulling out the stops to get these to me and again thanks to all who have reported their results in this thread. This is just so awesome!

Warm up with em' on the range before the match. They're a confidence booster!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

With all the good info in here it is really testing my patience to hold off on hitting these till I am confident and comfortable with my new swing. These and one other set have really caught my attention and I want to thank the tester's for their work with these.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

They're here! They literally arrived as I was driving to today's match. Can't wait to try them out...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I had a really nice range session today with my 6, 7 and 8 irons. The feel is so good when struck well.

I love all the i20 love! Mine are in a spare bag in the basement. I still think about them. It pains me that as soon as Lee puts his in the bag, mine come out, LOL

Magic, good luck with them. You're in for a seriously long honeymoon period.

I love all the i20 love! Mine are in a spare bag in the basement. I still think about them. It pains me that as soon as Lee puts his in the bag, mine come out, LOL

Truth, it's a permanent honeymoon IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well ive finally gone back to the i20s again,this time im keeping them,ive gone for the lighter nippon 850gh shafts hard stepped and green dot and they feel great,only problem is ive always been a blue dot and now im hitting lovely draws but im not use to it so will take some getting use to

Hi Everyone!

That's me got my irons. Have to say that the UW was well worth the wait. My thoughts so far are that the height on my shots is a bit higher than my old Titleists but the distances are great and the ball is stopping faster too.
I have found my off centre hits to go pretty much the same distance as the middled ones (without the same direction obviously) so for that I'm very pleased indeed. I also like the fact that for some reason even slightly thinned strikes are getting up in the air. I know it's early days and I've got to get in the groove with my new clubs but I'd have to say they are great so far and I'm glad I waited.

Hope you are all well.

Wonky

Took the last week or so and spent it with the family. Summer's too short. Before I know it they'll be back in school. Can't wait to go out with the i20s and play some golf!

So many pages of i20 love. I think the most true testament to the greatness of these irons is the fact that after over three months (March 16) of having these, I still get excited every time out with them!

well ive finally gone back to the i20s again,this time im keeping them,ive gone for the lighter nippon 850gh shafts hard stepped and green dot and they feel great,only problem is ive always been a blue dot and now im hitting lovely draws but im not use to it so will take some getting use to

That's quite a difference, were you fit for green dot?

Think they will take you back after this affair?

I have been busy sorting out some wood and hybrid issues. Seems like they are coming around. Was thinking when I saw this thread, my irons are pretty well sorted and have been solid all spring. Many thanks to my i20s. I had kbs tours in my older TM mc irons and loved them. I20s in stock stiff Cfs are fantastic in comparison.

I have been busy sorting out some wood and hybrid issues. Seems like they are coming around. Was thinking when I saw this thread, my irons are pretty well sorted and have been solid all spring. Many thanks to my i20s. I had kbs tours in my older TM mc irons and loved them. I20s in stock stiff Cfs are fantastic in comparison.

CFS are what you get when KBS Tours and N.S. Pro 1050 GH shafts make a love child!

CFS are what you get when KBS Tours and N.S. Pro 1050 GH shafts make a love child!

Haha, I love that description. I doubt I'll ever get the gall to pull my CT's and put the set of CFS's I grabbed in them. Maybe if I eventually grab another set of DPC's or something I'll slap them in there.

Keep the i20 reviews coming. I love reading these. I need to get my i20 fix somehow. I've only been able to play once in the last few weeks and not sure when I'm gonna be able to play next.

Hi Guys,

New to THP, tried to read as much of this thread as possible but my eyes were going a bit square!

Tested some i20's at the range this week and I love them they have the extra forgivness I want over my Mizuno MP53's and still feel great for a cast club.

My problem is the shaft, I swing a 7/6 iron 87-91 mph but have a smooth tempo of 3 on the mizuno optimizer, this puts me in a DGSL S300 which i tried and I hit way to high (in England so quite windy here), so I use KBS Tour S.
I was testing the i20 with CFS S at the range and the feel was great and I was hitting it high and long I was just over drawing it. I'm thinking this could be because the shaft is a touch soft for me and also the range balls are one piece srixons which I found out spin more that a Pro V.
The other problem is no one in my area has a demo with a KBS tour.

What do you guys think??

Haha, I love that description. I doubt I'll ever get the gall to pull my CT's and put the set of CFS's I grabbed in them. Maybe if I eventually grab another set of DPC's or something I'll slap them in there.

Dude, if the CT's match the player...and they obviously do match you...this combo is just too damn solid. I am in love with the CT + i20 combination.

I have considered getting the 3 iron with PXi or CFS in it, but I think I love the CT too much and would feel like I am selling myself short if I get anything other than that.

Dude, if the CT's match the player...and they obviously do match you...this combo is just too damn solid. I am in love with the CT + i20 combination.

I have considered getting the 3 iron with PXi or CFS in it, but I think I love the CT too much and would feel like I am selling myself short if I get anything other than that.

Get it in CFS. Try it out for a while. Then buy a C-Taper and try it out for a while. It's a small investment!

I20's must have heard me talking about the 588's recently because they were performing ridiculously at the range today. I played a very successful game of six shots today. I play high, mid, low straight and draws. Fades are out of the question right now. Just don't have the shot in my bag.

Feel was super crisp all session as the swing was just grooved. I have hit every major OEM iron on the market in the last two years and can honestly say that there isn't a forged iron on the market that feels or sounds as soft as these when struck remotely well. As soft, yes. Softer, no. Sorry Mizzy fan boys.

It makes my decision to pick up the 588's really hard as it would just be an extraneous expense at this point. I really want em. I really am not gonna see any "improvement" in my game with them though.

At this point I feel like i20 = 588CB.

Played first round with 3 iron added to my set, just love it. Used it on both par 5 Around 220 but just left a bit on both yet hole high, love the flight though and just need some range time, could not putt today so par on both, but I see some great things for this 3 iron. Even used it on a dogleg off the tee to put me safely mid fairway.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Played first round with 3 iron added to my set, just love it. Used it on both par 5 Around 220 but just left a bit on both yet hole high, love the flight though and just need some range time, could not putt today so par on both, but I see some great things for this 3 iron. Even used it on a dogleg off the tee to put me safely mid fairway.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Do you feel more confident with the 3 iron over a hybrid or FW? I have so much confidence in my FW that I would have a hard time choosing an iron over a hybrid or FW from that distance.

Hi Guys,

New to THP, tried to read as much of this thread as possible but my eyes were going a bit square!

Tested some i20's at the range this week and I love them they have the extra forgivness I want over my Mizuno MP53's and still feel great for a cast club.

My problem is the shaft, I swing a 7/6 iron 87-91 mph but have a smooth tempo of 3 on the mizuno optimizer, this puts me in a DGSL S300 which i tried and I hit way to high (in England so quite windy here), so I use KBS Tour S.
I was testing the i20 with CFS S at the range and the feel was great and I was hitting it high and long I was just over drawing it. I'm thinking this could be because the shaft is a touch soft for me and also the range balls are one piece srixons which I found out spin more that a Pro V.
The other problem is no one in my area has a demo with a KBS tour.

What do you guys think??

Deano, What I had understood from my session was that if the shaft is too soft, the dispersion of shots is likely to be wider. When I was hitting with a KBS regular shaft, the ball was going all over the place, when I switched to the CFS S it fell right in line with my normal shot (a slight draw). I'm not a high ball hitter so the CFS S works very well. The Mizuno had me in an extra stiff (ss of 86-89), which I turned down. Just don't think I want to crank that hard during an entire round and wanted the benefit of being able to swing in the 83-85 range, but also wanted to know that if I wanted to hit a higher iron harder, it was still going to be controllable.

You might want to look into hard or soft stepping with the S or S+ shaft to get to an optimal feel/result. I ended up with the CFS S and think it's the right match.

Good luck in your quest!

Back