The Jerry Sandusky Trial

So you would be fine with him getting, let's say 22 years, which will make him 90. For getting convicted of 45 crimes of sexual abuse against young boys, your ok with that? It may be just me I want the victims and their families to have the satisfaction of being able to say absolute justice was served and that low life is getting 442 years

Tapa Slice

That's not remotely close to what he was saying, so let's squash that right now. He was saying, why couldn't they simply say this guy is serving life in prison, instead of saying 400 years.

That's not remotely close to what he was saying, so let's squash that right now. He was saying, why couldn't they simply say this guy is serving life in prison, instead of saying 400 years.

Easy there pal no need to squash anything. I think we're all in agreement that no matter how many years he gets it will be the rest of his life. I'm just saying that to me I'd rather hear 440+. It's arguing pop against soda. Relax

Tapa Slice

Easy there pal no need to squash anything. I think we're all in agreement that no matter how many years he gets it will be the rest of his life. I'm just saying that to me I'd rather hear 440+. It's arguing pop against soda. Relax

Tapa Slice

I am doing just fine, but appreciate your concern.

I guess I just take exception to someone twisting another persons words to mean something they clearly didn't say. To suggest that D wanted to see any less justice served than the other millions of people in this country, is absurd to the point of being offensive. You could have made your point without suggesting that D was wanting Sandusky off easier or didn't want the families to have closure. That is all.

Thanks Jeff, you get what I'm saying. I totally understand it, just a bit unsure of why. Lol. I am so happy that guy is spending the rest of his life in jail.

400+ years? I doubt he'll live that long. Can't they just say he'll be in jail for the rest of his life like he deserves to be rather than put a stupid number on it? He should and will go to jail for the rest of his life, so 400+ years means nothing.

They have to put years on ea count he was found guilty.
That way when they appeal, and sad to say, they will.
They will have to appeal ea count separate.
This will assure he will never have a chance to see daylight again.

I was very vocal about what needed to be done here, but now its done and I can't wish any worst for the guy. Justice is served, I don't want to see him living his sentence in a comfortable fashion, but beyond that I just hope the kids and families effected are ok.

I was very vocal about what needed to be done here, but now its done and I can't wish any worst for the guy. Justice is served, I don't want to see him living his sentence in a comfortable fashion, but beyond that I just hope the kids and families effected are ok.

I believe Jerry is going to soon be wishing they would have sentenced him to death. And he still has Hell to look forward to.

What a sick man, thinking he'll be placed in solitary confinement.

This is so gross. I don't even know what to say.

A buddy of mine in Alabama just posted a status update. He is a defense attorney down there, reacting to news of Sandusky this evening.

"Late Judge Mac Parsons once sentenced a child molester to 200+ years. The Defense. said he couldn’t live that long. Mac said: Do the best you can."

Bravo, Judge.

I like that story. As I read through the comments I am reminded of that line we have heard over the years in movies "Dead man walking."

He's a "famous" guy... Chances are he will not be in gen pop, ever.

Hopefully he meets some new Tickle Monsters named (insert stereotypical jailhouse name for the biggest inmates in population).

What a sick man, thinking he'll be placed in solitary confinement.

you can count on that...he will ask to be placed in segregated cells....if there is one thing even other criminals cant stand it's a child molester

Sandusky's lawyer last night on the steps of the court house said "Jerry is a law abiding citizen." Really, what laws are these?

The sad and sick part of this is that in many instances, pedophiles really believe they are doing nothing wrong... And, other than their horrible "preferences", are law abiding. Most are straight, male, upstanding citizens. It is a sickness that is hidden very well.

Don't get me wrong... My sympathies lie with the children whose lives are sometimes irreparably ruined and his family that will live with the knowledge of what he's done. My primal instinct hopes he doesn't make it through 1 month of his sentence.

400+ years? I doubt he'll live that long. Can't they just say he'll be in jail for the rest of his life like he deserves to be rather than put a stupid number on it? He should and will go to jail for the rest of his life, so 400+ years means nothing.

To be more specific as to why they do this, it's 2 fold. 1 - if/when he appeals, it's each count separately, rather than all as 1. 2ndly, and more importantly, with years, it sets a precedent, so when (sadly) this happens again, this case can be used as a bassis for punishment in cases with similar situations.

DL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

To be more specific as to why they do this, it's 2 fold. 1 - if/when he appeals, it's each count separately, rather than all as 1. 2ndly, and more importantly, with years, it sets a precedent, so when (sadly) this happens again, this case can be used as a bassis for punishment in cases with similar situations.

DL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

I am not famalier with the sentencing laws and classification methods of the state but most often the more counts and total years effect not only parole but in his case the custody level that he will be held in prison at. I would bet he does seg for a while then hits the yard.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/2...ness-at-appeal/?test=latestnews#ixzz1ypKR0Ed3

Reports also emerged on Sunday that Sandusky — while jailed at the Centre County Correctional Facility in December — was harassed by other inmates who serenaded the disgraced coach with a famous line from Pink Floyd’s "The Wall."
"At night, we were singing 'Hey, teacher, leave those kids alone,'"
a 22-year-old inmate told The Daily, adding that everyone knew who Sandusky was because inmates had access to television and newspapers.

Its definitely not a funny subject but that is pretty funny.

Sandusky's lawyer last night on the steps of the court house said "Jerry is a law abiding citizen." Really, what laws are these?

Traffic laws!

I'm hoping that the sentencing and imprisonment move forward without any major drama and, hence, this thread will die down. So before it does I'd just like to express my gratitude to all THP'ers who DIDN'T let the conversation devolve into what many of us probably feared it would when the original post was made. There are many emotionally charged and upsetting aspects of this story and the fact that we were able to conduct ourselves in such a constructive manner is really a credit to this forum and community.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is Director of Financial Aid for PSU and she says that Penn St has almost $1b (that's $1 billion dollars folks) earmarked for all the costs associated with damages, investigations, civil suits, payment of termed contracts for staff, 'image reconstruction', etc for all of this. Mind bottling.

btw- I am not Hankster nor is he me

Back