Things That Irritate You On the Course?

I used to be a habitual ball talker. I couldn't help myself, and no one ever complained. But now my depth perception sucks, and I really feel bad if I say something like "bite!" and the ball lands well short of the pin. I finally learned to keep my mouth shut -- although I still talk to my own shot.

I played with a guy a couple of days ago who took his ball out of the cup by sticking his blade style putter into the hole and digging it out. One problem with that is that while he is prying to get the ball out the heel of the putter is ruining one edge of the green at the cup's edge. What a fool. Each time after he did it I would go and try to fix the edge of the green and say, "Gosh, I wonder how the edge od the cups keep getting damaged..." He didn't care.

I used to do that, but now my putters are too expensive for me to want to scratch them up, regardless of what it might do to the cup.

When you're paired with a golfer who is already very methodical about their game and then doesn't begin to read their putt until it's their turn to putt.

Last edited:
I used to be a habitual ball talker. I couldn't help myself, and no one ever complained. But now my depth perception sucks, and I really feel bad if I say something like "bite!" and the ball lands well short of the pin.
HA! I do this all the time. My perception is going fast and I swear I've just stuck an approach 4ft from the hole only to walk up and it's more like 24.

I think it's funny when people blame bad play on anything other than themself. In matches I often get people blaming their bad play on the condition of our course, and I just tell them they hate it because it's kicking their arse. They love complaining.

Kid at my school tops the ball 9/10 times. Some of his excuses: I've never played this course. My grandpa died. My wrist hurts. I just got new grips. These are my old clubs. My shoes aren't broke in yet.

Not even kidding. never has he thought that he sucks.

Kid at my school tops the ball 9/10 times. Some of his excuses: I've never played this course. My grandpa died. My wrist hurts. I just got new grips. These are my old clubs. My shoes aren't broke in yet.

Not even kidding. never has he thought that he sucks.
You should go up to him on the range and give him lessons. hehehe

You should go up to him on the range and give him lessons. hehehe

I probably would if we ever were on the range together. I've never seen him fly but I'm betting he'd be bad at it cause of his sore thumb.

I was irritated to the point I really yelled at my friend today. We've played together 6 times this year, and ever since round 1 I've been asking him to please not step in my putting line. I always asked nicely then today he still continued to prance all over my line. I was pissed after asking him four times not to do it. It's not that I really care that much if his spike puts a little scuff in my line, but I've probably asked him 35 times not to do it but still he does it. It's a pretty basic part of etiquette, and it just messes with my head when people do it.

I was irritated to the point I really yelled at my friend today. We've played together 6 times this year, and ever since round 1 I've been asking him to please not step in my putting line. I always asked nicely then today he still continued to prance all over my line. I was pissed after asking him four times not to do it. It's not that I really care that much if his spike puts a little scuff in my line, but I've probably asked him 35 times not to do it but still he does it. It's a pretty basic part of etiquette, and it just messes with my head when people do it.

Honestly - with my friends we are all on the same page. They know that I will be friends even after the round. Now that I've told you that - here's what I would have told my buddy if he would have stepped in my line, "Stop stepping in my f»÷k~¤g line or I will Janikowski your scrote."

But how is your story a "Funny Misconception?"

Honestly - with my friends we are all on the same page. They know that I will be friends even after the round. Now that I've told you that - here's what I would have told my buddy if he would have stepped in my line, "Stop stepping in my f»÷k~¤g line or I will Janikowski your scrote."

But how is your story a "Funny Misconception?"

LOL i should totally say that to him. We enjoyed a non0alcoholic drink after the round and forgot about it. But watch it happen again next week.

This belongs in the Things that Irritate you thread. I accidentally put it here.

Ok this really pissed me off, some guys decide to hit into our group instead of waiting-the group in front of us was playing slow. And sure enough he pulls it hard and hits our cart right on the tops. I was so angry cause luckily I got down behind the car when I heard him tee off. The idiot didn't even yell fore.

Ok this really pissed me off, some guys decide to hit into our group instead of waiting-the group in front of us was playing slow. And sure enough he pulls it hard and hits our cart right on the tops. I was so angry cause luckily I got down behind the car when I heard him tee off. The idiot didn't even yell fore.

My buddy got hit on the back of his leg because some idiot did the same thing. I picked up that ball and threw it in the lake.

Set up...practice swing
Reset...practice swing
Reset...practice swing
Reset...swing...shank
For EVERY shot

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sunflower seed shells, cigarette butts or cigar butts on the green or next to it.

Sunflower seed shells, cigarette butts or cigar butts on the green or next to it.

Yeah! What's up with that? Folks biatching about little natural bumps and holes on a green, then spraying the contents of their habits all over the place. Litterbugs!

I carry a travel ash receptacle that drops into a cup holder... If I forget it, I grind it out near cart path and put it in the trashcan.

Time for a 1-2 piece.

How about the guys who couldn't hit the ball past 200 yards with a driver if their life depended on it waiting from 250 out for the par 5 green ahead to clear before they hit their next shot. It might be their third or fourth shot on top of that too. These are some of the same idiots who are also playing the back tees and have no business even looking at those tees, probably shouldn't play from the middle tees either.

I walked on and was paired with a single. We were behind a dad with three 10 year old-ish boys. They did a great job staying ahead of us. At like hole 4 a single female in a cart catches us. Being mindful of recent article about men not being particularly welcoming to women on the course and thinking it was just generally stupid to have a single in a cart behind us I invite her to join us. She hesitated ("I don't care") then joined us. We played together for two holes then as we're walking off the 6th green she announces she wants to play through because she's got a party at her house later that afternoon. I explained that there was a foursome in front of us, including three kids. She drove ahead, skipping 7 (our hole) and 8 (the dad/kids) and played number 9. I suppose this isn't the biggest deal in the world but for some reason it aggravated me, seemed a bit rude.

I had something happened to me the other day that bugged me. I was coming off the ninth green and I saw some people pull up to the tenth tee who clearly had not been in any of the groups in front of me. The people directly ahead of me had left after nine, hole 10 was open and the next group was on hole 11. I end up getting up to the tee box and there is now a foursome who never even said a word to me but just let me hit, talking the entire time I was setting up and during my swing. I ended up catching up with a 12 and 14 year old who had gotten on but where playing quickly. The guys behind us kept playing up our ass and I honestly don't think we took that long, the better of the two hit his ball well and the other one just picked up and kept up with us. It really pissed me off because these guys weren't even ahead of me to begin with.

Set up...practice swing
Reset...practice swing
Reset...practice swing
Reset...swing...shank
For EVERY shot

haha... my best friend is exaclty like this. I HATE IT and actually avoid golfing with him sometimes despite being my best friend.

I had something happened to me the other day that bugged me. I was coming off the ninth green and I saw some people pull up to the tenth tee who clearly had not been in any of the groups in front of me. The people directly ahead of me had left after nine, hole 10 was open and the next group was on hole 11. I end up getting up to the tee box and there is now a foursome who never even said a word to me but just let me hit, talking the entire time I was setting up and during my swing. I ended up catching up with a 12 and 14 year old who had gotten on but where playing quickly. The guys behind us kept playing up our ass and I honestly don't think we took that long, the better of the two hit his ball well and the other one just picked up and kept up with us. It really pissed me off because these guys weren't even ahead of me to begin with.
Luckily they did let you tee off first. At my course, people who go off the 10th first are told to let people who are coming off the front to let them through if they meet up at the 10th hole.

haha... my best friend is exaclty like this. I HATE IT and actually avoid golfing with him sometimes despite being my best friend.
If he's your best friend he should be able to handle you telling him to pick up the pace. I would definitely try that so you guys could play together more.

My buddy got hit on the back of his leg because some idiot did the same thing. I picked up that ball and threw it in the lake.

And then your buddy ran the golf cart into the lake hahah just kidding

Yeah it really angers me when that happens and when people don't yell fore

Set up...practice swing
Reset...practice swing
Reset...practice swing
Reset...swing...shank
For EVERY shot

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's when you know that it's time to get a driver with an alternate sweetspot and 12* loft like JB did.

Luckily they did let you tee off first. At my course, people who go off the 10th first are told to let people who are coming off the front to let them through if they meet up at the 10th hole.

If he's your best friend he should be able to handle you telling him to pick up the pace. I would definitely try that so you guys could play together more.

Indeed, I think the thing that bugged me the most was just them talking while it was my turn. I seriously couldn't have taken more than 30 seconds to hit the thing, I usually do a little swing to feel my lag, pick my spot and hit. They had plenty of time to, they did not need to rush, there was no one behind me for three holes.

Back