So. California Get Together!!! ( all are welcome)

Thanks for all your work on this White Rhino.

You are welcome.. it is my goal to get SoCal as strong of a group of people on this site as other locations and when that THP tour van gets here ( and it will) we have a great showing!!!

Start the slow clap for Rhino... Then the chanting begins to bring the Tour Van to SoCal!

OK guys here is what I have so far, Industry Hills has gotten the majority of the votes.

IN:

Rhino
BoostLE +1-3
Mopar +1
RadRob
Shanker
Asca2
francisco +1
lobwood +1
D_in_La

Still waiting on:

Bazz and Wonton and Patty9blindgolf

With only 9 confirmed golfers, we will be able to get the discounted rate at the course which means we can do one of two things, either look at another course, or look to our friends outside of THP to join in on the fun. BoostLE, Lobwood and Francisco have mentioned they could bring other golfers which I don't have a real problem with, but it is not my choice it is everyone's choice. Lets get some chatter going about what people would like. There are plenty of other courses out there if we can't make Industry Hills stick this first time. Again I will leave it to you guys to help direct the next step.

Last edited:
Rhino, how many golfers do we need in order to get the discount at Industry Hills, and what is the discount?
Are we talking August 4th, or have the dates not been determined yet?

It seems like we need a multiple of 4 players, so if we get 9 THPers confirmed and paid, then it would be good to get an additional 3 players confirmed and paid to get our foursomes settled. So in that regard, I'm fine with having friends invited.

Are we trying to get our foursomes organized by handicap, similar tees, or something else? The tips on the Ike course are over 7200 yards, and I'd give it a go if everyone else was, but I'm more comfortable under 6500.

Excellent questions Rob, here are your answers. The discount is $20-$25 per person, the normal weekend rate is $100 or 105 and we would get member rate minus $5. Member rates are $80 and $85. THough I was never told specifically then number needed to get this when I mentioned to the lady in charge we might have 16-20 golfers she said we would have just enough to do a contract ( versus us calling in a week ahead of time) and qualifying for the discount.

Yes Aug 4th will be the date I am working with. I know some can not make it then, I am sure if this goes well perhaps this can become a routine thing ( once a month perhaps) and others can join then.

As far as the groups go, I really don't care how it is organized. I know I as a higher handicapped played will have more fun if I am playing from the White tees and I have no intention of going back to the tips. We can get together by that type of grouping or just put groups of 4 together and every one hit from where they want. Either works for me.

If we count friends/family members we are at least 2 more and probably 5-7 more which takes the total to 11 or 16. I am sure we can fill it up that way but there are still a couple of THPers on the fence as well.

I hope I have addressed all of your concerns Rob ( and anyone else) if not, please as away.

Rhino, how many golfers do we need in order to get the discount at Industry Hills, and what is the discount?
Are we talking August 4th, or have the dates not been determined yet?

It seems like we need a multiple of 4 players, so if we get 9 THPers confirmed and paid, then it would be good to get an additional 3 players confirmed and paid to get our foursomes settled. So in that regard, I'm fine with having friends invited.

Are we trying to get our foursomes organized by handicap, similar tees, or something else? The tips on the Ike course are over 7200 yards, and I'd give it a go if everyone else was, but I'm more comfortable under 6500.

I for one don't have a problem bringing friends/family along. I can confirm 1 more, and we could probably convert him to a THPer as well.. :)

Rhino - thanks for all you are doing. I am fine with location and date and cost. The only alternative I might suggest to keep costs down would be the course lobwood mentioned, goose creek in mira loma.

Rhino - thanks for all you are doing. I am fine with location and date and cost. The only alternative I might suggest to keep costs down would be the course lobwood mentioned, goose creek in mira loma.

Oh I am sure I can find a lower cost course but nearly all of the responses were they were ok with the price. If anyone wants to have a lower cost option, please let me know. Again this is about you guys and I want everyone to have a great time and not hurt anyone's pocket book too much.

Honestly, tell me where to show up, when to be there, and how much to pay and I am in! I'm just excited to go out and play with you all. Again Rhino, if you need anything at all from me, let me know and I won't have a problem giving a hand. I know that arranging something can be quite difficult.

I updated above post with those that mentioned friends/family

You may want to update the first post with that information. Easier for everyone to find.

Honestly, tell me where to show up, when to be there, and how much to pay and I am in! I'm just excited to go out and play with you all. Again Rhino, if you need anything at all from me, let me know and I won't have a problem giving a hand. I know that arranging something can be quite difficult.

I appreciate but to me the arranging is the day part and something I certainly do not mind doing. Being honest (as you can all probably understand) the thing I am most concerned about is the $$$ that will be due two weeks before and getting everyone's money ahead of time. But I am sure that will work out as well.

You may want to update the first post with that information. Easier for everyone to find.

Good point my friend.. and first post has now been updated!!!

You want to come out for a round? The course has a hotel connected to it and I am sure you can get a nice deal.

I updated above post with those that mentioned friends/family

Good point my friend.. and first post has now been updated!!!

You want to come out for a round? The course has a hotel connected to it and I am sure you can get a nice deal.
Of course I want to, but I wouldn't count on it this time!

Maybe when we go out to the Bay Area for Christmas, we'll finally be able to figure something out.

Of course I want to, but I wouldn't count on it this time!

Maybe when we go out to the Bay Area for Christmas, we'll finally be able to figure something out.

IF you are going up there then I might go up. D_in_LA is up there (though it should be D_in_SF but he won't change the name) and perhaps we can get a round or two in. Maybe Olympic Club... lol yea right!!

IF you are going up there then I might go up. D_in_LA is up there (though it should be D_in_SF but he won't change the name) and perhaps we can get a round or two in. Maybe Olympic Club... lol yea right!!

I could see if I could get something arranged at Blackhawk (where the LPGA plays). I doubt it, but Jacqui does know people who live there.

I could see if I could get something arranged at Blackhawk (where the LPGA plays). I doubt it, but Jacqui does know people who live there.

I might have a connection at TPC Stonebrae where the Nationwide stops. And I'll definitely be up here for Christmas. (Unless I win the lottery or something else worthwhile comes up!)

I also have a second room in case someone needs to crash.

I live down here in irvine would be able to play at industry aug 4/5 if theres room

I updated the first thread as to where we are.

I will go over the Ind Hills and talk to them about minimums for getting a contract worked up and such. It looks like we have a solid 10 THPers and then maybe 3-5 "friends" at this point so if they say 16 we should be right there. Since they are going to want complete payment 2 weeks before the event that makes the date July 21st. Once I confirm the rate I will send out a PM to all who are attending and ask that everyone get paid up by the 20th. We can do paypal or I will give my info and work out other arrangements if needed. I am very excited about this and hope you are all as well. More to come soon!!

Hey guys, I just saw this thread. I'm game to get together for a round or too. I'm in West LA. Thanks!!

First post updated, you have been added... looking forward to meeting you.

AWESOME. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you guys. Thanks for organizing WR. Any of you guys play Westchester or Rancho Park regularly??

Back