Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a freaking thing am I pondering.

And it is peaceful.
Me either Jman, its kind of weird. I'm really happy with everything in my bag and wouldn't change a thing. I wanted to go into the golf store today as I was driving by but then I thought "whats the point"

I am in-the-hole right now for 3w ponder. Won't be on deck for a few more weeks.

When my VR_S tips get here, I will be in shaft ponder mode.

Not a freaking thing am I pondering.

And it is peaceful.

You should ponder an adjustable belly Nome!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Me either Jman, its kind of weird. I'm really happy with everything in my bag and wouldn't change a thing. I wanted to go into the golf store today as I was driving by but then I thought "whats the point"

I am pretty much at the same point and it feels great. I have had a few club thoughts over the last couple of weeks trying to sort out my driver problem but I have found the answer in a Razr Hawk 3W. Now I am very happy with the bag I have and the results I have seen my last two rounds.

It is indeed weird. I mean, I know it helps that I KNOW I have a driver and a hybrid headed my way so that calms some of it, but still, I have no major itches. Crap, I even bought a bag for the sake of ho'ing something because it freaked me out so much not really itching for anything.

Now, I'm sure after the SeeMore fitting tomorrow I'll be pondering more SeeMore's...but I don't count putters in pondering lol

I am pretty much at the same point and it feels great. I have had a few club thoughts over the last couple of weeks trying to sort out my driver problem but I have found the answer in a Razr Hawk 3W. Now I am very happy with the bag I have and the results I have seen my last two rounds.

J40 not doing it WR? Man, i wanted so badly to love that head as it has everything I look for but even with 4 different shafts and 2 different lofts I just couldn't get it right.

It is indeed weird. I mean, I know it helps that I KNOW I have a driver and a hybrid headed my way so that calms some of it, but still, I have no major itches. Crap, I even bought a bag for the sake of ho'ing something because it freaked me out so much not really itching for anything.

Now, I'm sure after the SeeMore fitting tomorrow I'll be pondering more SeeMore's...but I don't count putters in pondering lol
LOL, I've gotten pretty serious into shoe pondering right now. I've happy with my two that I have now, Nike Lunars and Adidas ATV Tour 360's, but there are a lot of nice shoes on the market right now.

J40 not doing it WR? Man, i wanted so badly to love that head as it has everything I look for but even with 4 different shafts and 2 different lofts I just couldn't get it right.

Nah that club is fighting me also. I have reached out to some of the guys from the MC who are using the club and got a few good suggestions I am going to try when I get to the range next but with what I saw this past weekend with the Razr, I do not feel pressured to get that driver worked out.

Which shafts did you try with it? And what was your problem?

LOL, I've gotten pretty serious into shoe pondering right now. I've happy with my two that I have now, Nike Lunars and Adidas ATV Tour 360's, but there are a lot of nice shoes on the market right now.

Boy, that is one area I could get addicted to quickly and deeply. Thank goodness for size 15's though, places NEVER have them to try on.

Boy, that is one area I could get addicted to quickly and deeply. Thank goodness for size 15's though, places NEVER have them to try on.
I've got 13's and have the similar problem, although not to your extent.

Nah that club is fighting me also. I have reached out to some of the guys from the MC who are using the club and got a few good suggestions I am going to try when I get to the range next but with what I saw this past weekend with the Razr, I do not feel pressured to get that driver worked out.

Which shafts did you try with it? And what was your problem?

I played....Miya Blue, Miya Black, Talamonti PD70, Harrison Saga and another I cannot recall. I was knuckleballing it, or at least I felt like I was. Honestly though, after my first TERRIBLE encounter with the 9.5 and PX I think its just in my head now, I honestly do and nothing I could do could change that. So, it was just time to cut out on it alltogether.

I'm with you on the 3W, I really think the TF3 14* is going to be a blessing for me off the tee. I really do.

I've got 13's and have the similar problem, although not to your extent.

It always sucked as a kid. My mom always took me in stores and we'd just ask what they had in XX. Always butt ugly choices to when I was young. Bless the internet for opening up options though lol

I played....Miya Blue, Miya Black, Talamonti PD70, Harrison Saga and another I cannot recall. I was knuckleballing it, or at least I felt like I was. Honestly though, after my first TERRIBLE encounter with the 9.5 and PX I think its just in my head now, I honestly do and nothing I could do could change that. So, it was just time to cut out on it alltogether.

I'm with you on the 3W, I really think the TF3 14* is going to be a blessing for me off the tee. I really do.

So then what do we do.. take the driver out of the bag? Is that even possible? LOL What will the golf gods say? hehehhee

Dude..I'm falling in the shoe trap lately. I want the Lunars some kind of bad, but wanna make sure they're a good fit before I order some online. I love my Adidas powerbands too, and wouldn't mind getting a pair of the ATV 360s. You like the Lunars though?

So then what do we do.. take the driver out of the bag? Is that even possible? LOL What will the golf gods say? hehehhee

Haha, maybe get a Long Tom 2-Wood with Kmac? hehe

Thank goodness for the Classic/Devo combo, its helped me alot as far as accuracy goes. Now, the Adams LL/Black-Tie could be interesting...but at least it'll look great, right? Ha!

Haha, maybe get a Long Tom 2-Wood with Kmac? hehe

Thank goodness for the Classic/Devo combo, its helped me alot as far as accuracy goes. Now, the Adams LL/Black-Tie could be interesting...but at least it'll look great, right? Ha!

I tried the Classic a bit at the outing and I really wanted to like it cause it was working so well for everyone but I just could not get that club to work for me. Now maybe it was cause I was in the beginning stages of my "driver funk" I dunno but I have not done well in the past with very light shafts and I think that was the problem with the Classic. Maybe I will look again once I get myself straightened out.

The fitting this last weekend was very productive. Went to a Golf Smith in Dallas and had (what I felt) was a very knowledgeable fitter. We hit a few different setups but the R11 Irons with the stock KBX in stiff was a REALLY good match. The lie board says I'm a neutral - and my Razr's are setup 2* upright. Jerry (the fitter) says the aggressive offset of the Razr, the Uniflex shaft in them, and the 2* upright, is what is causing my high and left ball flight.
So with the current $100 rebate the R11s are $699 - which we all know will pretty much become the 'new' price come fall. If I can get a decent return on my current Razr's - I'll try and pick up the R11s this weekend. So i guess I'm not pondering - as much as I am scraping funds together....

I tried the Classic a bit at the outing and I really wanted to like it cause it was working so well for everyone but I just could not get that club to work for me. Now maybe it was cause I was in the beginning stages of my "driver funk" I dunno but I have not done well in the past with very light shafts and I think that was the problem with the Classic. Maybe I will look again once I get myself straightened out.

I'm with you 1000% on the light shafts. First thing I did was pull that thing and replace it. I just REALLY like the head itself alot, and not just the aesthetic part, the Devo6 I put in is 68g's I believe, SUCH a difference and didn't hurt performance. Took a while to get used to the DEEP face, but, its got me excited for the Launch Lab now.

The fitting this last weekend was very productive. Went to a Golf Smith in Dallas and had (what I felt) was a very knowledgeable fitter. We hit a few different setups but the R11 Irons with the stock KBX in stiff was a REALLY good match. The lie board says I'm a neutral - and my Razr's are setup 2* upright. Jerry (the fitter) says the aggressive offset of the Razr, the Uniflex shaft in them, and the 2* upright, is what is causing my high and left ball flight.
So with the current $100 rebate the R11s are $699 - which we all know will pretty much become the 'new' price come fall. If I can get a decent return on my current Razr's - I'll try and pick up the R11s this weekend. So i guess I'm not pondering - as much as I am scraping funds together....

I went from the Razr X irons to the R11s and I am happy I did. Not that the Razrs are not an awesome set of clubs but the r11s just felt better to me and I am playing quite well with them lately.

I'm with you 1000% on the light shafts. First thing I did was pull that thing and replace it. I just REALLY like the head itself alot, and not just the aesthetic part, the Devo6 I put in is 68g's I believe, SUCH a difference and didn't hurt performance. Took a while to get used to the DEEP face, but, its got me excited for the Launch Lab now.

I am glad to see you got a combo that works for you.. that is key!!

I went from the Razr X irons to the R11s and I am happy I did. Not that the Razrs are not an awesome set of clubs but the r11s just felt better to me and I am playing quite well with them lately.

So, the Razr X gonna be on the marketplace before too long? =D I hit the Razr X and fell in love. My wallet on the other hand disagrees..

So, the Razr X gonna be on the marketplace before too long? =D I hit the Razr X and fell in love. My wallet on the other hand disagrees..

Oh no.. my change was done quite a while ago and those clubs are long gone, Roger Dunn might have a good deal on them. Is there one up by you? If not I can look around at the main one in Santa Ana next time I am in the neighborhood.

Oh no.. my change was done quite a while ago and those clubs are long gone, Roger Dunn might have a good deal on them. Is there one up by you? If not I can look around at the main one in Santa Ana next time I am in the neighborhood.

I LOVE Roger Dunn! Absolute best return policy ever, period.

Tapatalk...double posting and whatever else it can do to tick you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back