Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapatalk...double posting and whatever else it can do to tick you off.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Hehe, gotta love it...or loathe it. Either way really.

Callaway RAZR X Muscle 3-PW. I didn't think I had the ball striking ability for blades, but they were still on my list. I went to my local shop yesterday and boy was I surprised with myself, even the 4 iron had a high, straight ball flight.

Oh no.. my change was done quite a while ago and those clubs are long gone, Roger Dunn might have a good deal on them. Is there one up by you? If not I can look around at the main one in Santa Ana next time I am in the neighborhood.

Ive got one in North Hollywood, about 3 miles. I dont need irons (but i do want them). Was just willing to help a friend and take them out of your hands.. hehe

Callaway RAZR X Muscle 3-PW. I didn't think I had the ball striking ability for blades, but they were still on my list. I went to my local shop yesterday and boy was I surprised with myself, even the 4 iron had a high, straight ball flight.

That's awesome! All of the morgan cup callaway staffers who got the RAZR X forged irons love them and have nothing but great things to say about them, maybe you'll get an awesome deal again

Pondering an R11 tp.. Probably gonna snag it, its a decent price..

Pondering an R11 tp.. Probably gonna snag it, its a decent price..

Do it, you won't regret it, I have my R11 and my R11 tp 3 wood and they are totally worth the price, also you may want to check out GS, I bought my R11 tp 3 wood for 127 shipped brand new after a nice 15% discount and free shipping! Brand new with Fujikura Motore F3 tp shaft

Do it, you won't regret it, I have my R11 and my R11 tp 3 wood and they are totally worth the price, also you may want to check out GS, I bought my R11 tp 3 wood for 127 shipped brand new after a nice 15% discount and free shipping! Brand new with Fujikura Motore F3 tp shaft

wow.. the tp i'm getting has an HD7 x flex in it tho.. those are a big up charge, and for the cost of 160 and my supertri, i think it's a fair deal. it's looks like it's only been used for a round or less.
not to mention i hit one at the local proshop with those specs, and i was just F****** whaling it. i was probably flying it close to 285, if not more. i usually hit my R9 270 when i hit it good, but it's getting so whippy that i can feel the head whiping back when i get close to impact.

Last edited:
wow.. the tp i'm getting has an HD7 x flex in it tho.. those are a big up charge, and for the cost of 160 and my supertri, i think it's a fair deal. it's looks like it's only been used for a round or less.

wow in that case get it that's a great deal!

Yeah thats what i thought. Glad i gave it a try, when i got fit for my supertri, i hit an r11 and i completely hated it. Idk why , im just ripping this one..

Yeah thats what i thought. Glad i gave it a try, when i got fit for my supertri, i hit an r11 and i completely hated it. Idk why , im just ripping this one..

wow that's awesome, it's probably the shaft that's meant for you. The R11 is really fun to mess around with there are so many options with it

wow that's awesome, it's probably the shaft that's meant for you. The R11 is really fun to mess around with there are so many options with it
Yup. Ill probably be posting it in the "what golf stuff did you buy today" thread as soon as i get home with it, asssuming ill have time to before i go to work at the good ol dairy queen. Lol. Pretty excited.

pondering a new hybrid HC, as I forgot to order one with my Wishon order and thinking Daphne. Does the THP store have any hybrid hc's or are those just driver?

pondering a new hybrid HC, as I forgot to order one with my Wishon order and thinking Daphne. Does the THP store have any hybrid hc's or are those just driver?

Take a look at Rocket Tour, I really like their skinny stick headcovers for my hybrids.

Last night I went with Tracy's son up to Golfsmith to fit him into a 3W. Not that Im any kind of fitter I just figured I knew as much if not more about what to do then the sales guys would. Anyway, my point of this is it was interesting to see what worked and what didnt for him and his swing. He has no loyalties or opinions on golf gear like a lot of us might so we lined up every 3W I could find in the demo racks. We had the Mashie, AMP, 910FD, RBZ, R11s, RAZR Fit, Tour Edge and his old Nike 3W. I insisted he hit the Mashie so he hit it first and while it wasn't bad it just wasn't all that good for him. He swings hard and has an aggressive baseball player move into the ball. It was straight but it was the shortest of the bunch. He ended up leaving with the 910FD with the Diamana black colored shaft in stiff. Average was 266 and dead straight for him. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I just found it interesting how some clubs work and some dont for certain people.

now that ive rebuilt my entire bag again, time for some new shoes

Thinking of some street shoes, whats some solid options under $100?

Take a look at Rocket Tour, I really like their skinny stick headcovers for my hybrids.

+1 I have the skinny stick covers on my 5W & 7W. They looks sweet if you're into the retro kind of look.

now that ive rebuilt my entire bag again, time for some new shoes

Thinking of some street shoes, whats some solid options under $100?
Thinking this as well, I really love my ashworths, but am thinking Cally Del Mar's. JB has great things to say about them.

Last night I went with Tracy's son up to Golfsmith to fit him into a 3W. Not that Im any kind of fitter I just figured I knew as much if not more about what to do then the sales guys would. Anyway, my point of this is it was interesting to see what worked and what didnt for him and his swing. He has no loyalties or opinions on golf gear like a lot of us might so we lined up every 3W I could find in the demo racks. We had the Mashie, AMP, 910FD, RBZ, R11s, RAZR Fit, Tour Edge and his old Nike 3W. I insisted he hit the Mashie so he hit it first and while it wasn't bad it just wasn't all that good for him. He swings hard and has an aggressive baseball player move into the ball. It was straight but it was the shortest of the bunch. He ended up leaving with the 910FD with the Diamana black colored shaft in stiff. Average was 266 and dead straight for him. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I just found it interesting how some clubs work and some dont for certain people.

That is pretty interesting. I couldn't hit a certain recently aquired brand's 3 wood, but my slow swing neighbor was money with it. On a side note - damn kids and their strong swings. He's like my brother. Ex baseball player that hits the ball farther that I will ever even dream of.

Thinking this as well, I really love my ashworths, but am thinking Cally Del Mar's. JB has great things to say about them.

yeah Im going to browse the reviews on here later today and see what the thoughts have been thus far

yeah Im going to browse the reviews on here later today and see what the thoughts have been thus far
I can't believe i'm going to say this, but the True Linkswear shoes are intriguing me...That and I have a GC to get them @ $80

That is pretty interesting. I couldn't hit a certain recently aquired brand's 3 wood, but my slow swing neighbor was money with it. On a side note - damn kids and their strong swings. He's like my brother. Ex baseball player that hits the ball farther that I will ever even dream of.

Yeah dude my back hurt just watching him hit. And now he's hitting a lot straighter then before which used to kill him. Im bitter

Yeah dude my back hurt just watching him hit. And now he's hitting a lot straighter then before which used to kill him. Im bitter

I know that feeling well lol. I wish somebody had taught me to hit it hard and then straightened me out afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back