What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men's night (team match play). I'm flying solo, partner's out of town. Opponents have combined handicap of 48. I spot them 2 holes.

I shoot 37 for 9 holes with 2 bogeys and a bird. For me, that's on fyah. And I got beat.

They played perfect team golf. One guy would triple while his partner parred, then reverse for the next hole, rinse and repeat. I was on the wrong side of this one, but that's why I like Match Play. You just don't know until the ball's in the hole.

Shot one of my lowest nine holes, 42 on the back at my local course the other day, felt really good and actually left a couple strokes out there. So you're telling me there's a chance!!!

Good job Icey. Keep it up.

+6 for me today. Really happy with that round.

Kind of embarrassing but here goes: 89 with 5 pars, 9 bogeys, 3 doubles, and a triple on a par three (%%^&&*%$##). Lost 5 balls on the front (Keep the dang thang in the fairway and out of the trees). 35 puts. The bright spot for me was a 42 on the back.

Shot a 38 in our Monday nite 9. Starting to really hit the ball well. Had 2 birdies, 1 double, 2 bogeys. The double was due to a drive I didn't trust and hit it through the fairway and had to take an unplayable. I messed up two easy chips and missed 2 birdie putts I thought I made. I am able to take dead aim with the i20's and I am starting to hit the driver very well. Tonight was the first time I played the R11s with the Project X Black shaft and really like it. I think I am just about ready for my club's big match play event coming soon.

Man it sounds like it to me, nice shooting buddy, go get 'em.

41 on a short 9 hole course (3200 yds). I was striking the ball very well but it being the first time playing the course, I routinely mis-clubbed.

Still walk away happy due to my ball-striking.

41 on a short 9 hole course (3200 yds). I was striking the ball very well but it being the first time playing the course, I routinely mis-clubbed.

Still walk away happy due to my ball-striking.

3200 yards is short? Long enough for me...

Man it sounds like it to me, nice shooting buddy, go get 'em.

Thanks DD! Playing 18 tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I can play well again and show some consistency.

Had to take out the old Ram irons for today's round as my Ci11s are off getting reshafted. I shot a 41/42 83 today in a pretty solid round at my home course. 9/12 FIR, 11/18 GIR, but the score killer today was 42 putts on the round, with 8 3 jacks. Had I cut the three putts out and putted better, I could have shot a 75. Argh!

got out with Moto0344 today and played a tough little track in between us. i started off great Eagling the par 4 first by over driving the green and chipping in from 30' from the rough behind the green. then i pretty much played really inconsistent for the rest of my round i dunno why but ill be working on my game starting tomorrow. anyway ended up with a 83 today with 34 putts which really wasn't as good today as it has been in the past few rounds.

38/38 for a 76. I was +1 with 3 holes to play, then bogeyed in. They were tough holes playing pretty much into the wind, and I was fairly exhausted from walking in the heat, but it was still a disappointing finish. Had only 28 putts today with the new Mizuno/Bettinardi putter. That's a little skewed, because I had a chip-in birdie for a zero-putt hole, but the mizzy seems to fit me pretty well. Ball kept rolling where I wanted it to, and I never even came close to a 3 putt. Had a couple of lipouts even with the 28 total putts.

The new swing is coming around, but I'm not sure its any better than my old swing. :disapointed:

40/45 today in the sweltering heat. I played on a 9-hole course, from the Whites first and then the Blues. Really started well, but couldn't finish. My goal was to break 80 today, but there's always tomorrow!

Lol... I just checked the four courses we play most often. Two are barely over or under 6,900 and two are over 7,100.

We all know that distance isn't the only or most significant measurement of difficulty. Of those four courses, I think the "shortest" is by far the hardest (Long Island National in Riverhead, NY). Love that course. Plays tougher than its 130 slope, imho.

7 over par 79 today. I played pretty well, it did get windy towards the end. Looking back there may have been 3 or 4 shots I should have played differently that may have given me a better chance to take back a few strokes. Not a bad day tho!

Shot a 46 today as my first round back and first round at my new home course on the front 9 of Quail Ridge

Ended up with a 90 today, thought I had shot an 85 and only lost to Buckjob by two strokes but I forgot to add the score of the first hole. :bulgy-eyes: I actually felt fairly comfortable putting today but I just couldn't get anything to fall, had a nice birdie putt from a few feet off the green though.

I played on a real short 9 hole course with my dad today. It is only about 2900 yards, but I shot a 34 for my first ever round under par. It was short, but the greens are real small, so I had to be accurate with my approach shots. I only had 1 bad shot all day.

Worst round in a long time, 102. Horrible front 9, 56 still not good back 9 46 ... First round with my ClicGear and walking in over a year. I was beat by hole 3, especially in this heat.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xp1drk

41 / 43= 84 it sure helps when your playing from the fairways.

41 / 43= 84 it sure helps when your playing from the fairways.

Sometimes it doesn't... I missed one, yes one fairway today. Best driving day of my life. I couldn't believe it, I really couldn't. The one hole I missed the fairway, I simply hit it too far and I ran into the sand. I played horribly besides the driver, putter caught fire back 9 and made some decent putts but I haven't played as bad as far back as I can remember.

Played 9 holes as a sub in a work league tonight.

I don't wanna talk about what I shot. It was turrible. Everything fell apart.... the first hole we played was a dogleg left, with water at the turn. Marker says 175 to the hazard. My 7I carried all the way to the water. And the rest is downhill.

I've never hit a 175 yard 7I before in my life.

Shot an 81 the other day at my home course. I just had a lesson and he fixed my takeaway and got me to completely slow down my swing. What a difference. I couldn't beleive how consistent I was hitting the ball. Sadly the score didn't show and the cause was mostly putting. They dried out and cut the greens for a tournament and man are they fast! I had 35 putts which was terrible. The consistency showed as I hit 10 greens and 9 fairways. Sadly I couldn't nab a single birdie.

The worse thing is is that I had 11 pars and still somehow didn't break 80. A triple on a par 5 and a double on a par 4 were my faults.

Shot a 94 today. Too many 3 putts just did me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back