JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason K is back with his latest review and this one is on a device that a lot of people have been discussing. Check out his thoughts as he put this device through thorough testing.

http://bit.ly/LzvFOi

This things looks pretty cool. I would love to take this with me to my lessons and get feedback from my pro and then be able to take it to the range for practice and be able to get feedback on what I'm doing wrong or reinforce things when done well.

Very thorough review there Jake and I like how questioned the results only to head to the range and have them confirmed. I was not aware that this also worked with the putting stroke, but that is definitely a great feature to have. For the golfer wanting to do self analyzation, this seems like a great asset although I doubt my swing is trackable - would probably just say "try again". LOL

Nice review man!

Man this makes me want it now! Great review Jake

That's cool, I like the fact that it gives both at Impact and at Address numbers, you may be able to start the correction at address.

Last edited:
Awesome review Jake, I have been looking fwd to this review for a few months. I'm pondering.

Between this and the other Swingbyte thread, I'm developing a serious case of want. Not that I'm competent to actually use all the info and correct my myriad swing flaws, but because this is a seriously cool little gadget as well.

Nice write up; have to say that it has me pondering. I'm someone who loves data and measuring progress and I think this is a great affordable option to do that. Tracking swing changes don't always align with scores on the course as I can compensate bad driving / long irons with a better short game or putting for example. Think this can be a great tool for a lot of people.

If I win an iPad I'll buy one next week!

Great job jake. This definitely seems like a great self analyzation tool.

Nice job covering all the bases, Jake! I don't think this is for me, but it seems to have piqued the interest of many THP'rs out there. I'm sure they'll really find your thoughts useful for research.

Awesome review, Jake. I may be a gadget junkie, and this looks like something that I might need to grab. Was pretty excited to see that it also works with the putter! Thanks!

Jake nice review bro! I'm with Chunk, seeing the computer image made me
Want to get one of these.
'The SwingByte is not a replacement for an instructor or for launch monitor fittings in my opinion but it is a great tool for some self-diagnosis of some of the flaws in your golf swing.'
I think this section of your review is key. Taking this info to someone that can help is important. I can people trying to fix their swings without really knowing the best way to do so.
I really want to try this out on a few people and see how in depth we can get with it.

Another solid review Jake. This is something I would like to get my hands on to try before I buy. I could see myself getting paralysis by analysis very easy.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I don't know if this would be a great tool for everyone, I think some would tend to tinker too much or get too caught up in what they see on the screen. During my review I had to stop after a while and not get so into making everything look pretty on the screen and just focus on where the golf ball was going off the club. I mentioned in the review that the SwingByte might be a little more critical of the swing than actual golf ball is, if that makes sense. What I mean is I'd have swings that say "Push Slice" on the screen but they still ended up in the fairway. Sure they didn't have the greatest looking ball flight but the end result is a fairway hit and that is what counts. But I will say that if I really want to improve my game and even though that "Push Slice" of mine still finds a fairway I'd need to fix it to get the ball flight better and get more distance. The SwingByte definitely has the ability to help me do that.

Awesome review! I will most likely pick this up. Very cool and affordable.

Sounds like it works pretty much as advertised. Guess I'm going to have to pick up a Smart Phone pretty soon!

This is an awesome tool. I'm working on my swing and if I can see the data of the club at impact, then I'll know whether or not I'm improving. Sure, you can just look at the flight path on the range, but I built a backyard net at home and can't see the flight path, so this would be very useful.

Solid review buddy. This thing has definitely been on my radar, and I think anyone working on a change in their swing path could benefit greatly by having one. I did have one question, will it store data if you take it to the golf course until you get home, or do you have to do the analysis swing by swing?

This has been at the top of my wishlist for a while, just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. Your review is probably the thing to push me over the edge!

Nice review. I like mine and get a lot out of it.

Solid review buddy. This thing has definitely been on my radar, and I think anyone working on a change in their swing path could benefit greatly by having one. I did have one question, will it store data if you take it to the golf course until you get home, or do you have to do the analysis swing by swing?

From what I've read about it, there is a "swing history" function that you can review that shows your recorded swings - it's viewable at any time.

Great review, Jake! This REALLY put me into serious ponder mode. This could be a great tool for a lot of us.

Nice review Jake. This has me thinking I might need this. This is the kind of tool that I believe could help me during my practice time. It would be nice to see why I had hit the shot that was not what I had planned for. Being able to see the flaws of my swing while practicing would help explain to an instructor what I am doing with my swing. Seeing that the face was 4* open on most swings or that I have a 15* launch angle on a 9.5* driver would be nice to show them.

After seeing the great detailed review, I have to get this device. I think this will be a great way for me to get usable feedback while practicing at home in a net. Thanks.

Back