What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
38/36 =74 my lowest round this calendar year. 6 bogeys, 2 birdies and my first eagle in 3 years, I was stoked about the big bird finally landing again. Used 29 putts and just got sloppy on the last 4 holes bogeying 3 of them. Did not bother me at all with the eagle being on the card though. Really pleased with every club in the bag except the driver, I have not been hitting it well for about 2 weeks now.

Here is a pic of how far the putt was from the hole.

nice round DD!

I shot 84 today which is right in line with my goal for the next few years :blob:. I am really pleased these days to shoot in the mid 80's as that is my overall average potential. I did pull out a little surprise on our hole # 5 :act-up:!

Spoiler
My second career hole - In - One!

P.S. Great score DawgDaddy :clapp:! When I grow up,,, maybe I can shoot that good :D

Last edited:
Shot 82 today. Wasn't nearly as good as yesterday got some lucky breaks today. 4 fairways and 4 greens, 28 putts.

Milestone accomplishment though! RARELY do I hit the first fairway, I did. It's rarer than an eclipse that I hit the green. I did. And a par? I don't even need a whole land to count the numer of times I've parred hole #1. Did it today.

First round in 2+ weeks., Started par-bogey-par-bogey. Then we waited over 20 minutes on the tee box, Went on a double bogey train after that and had a little pain in my elbow on my tee shot on 8. Quad on 8 and shot 46 for nine. Stopped there. It took 2-1/2hours to play 9 and it was too hot to spend another 3 hours out there.

Jeez, Smalls. Were you playing behind INgolfer?

I shot 84 today which is my right in line with my goal for the next few years :blob:. I am really pleased these days to shoot in the mid 80's as that is my overall average potential. I did pull out a little surprise on our hole # 5 :act-up:!

Spoiler

P.S. Great score DawgDaddy :clapp:! When I grow up,,, maybe I can shoot that good :D

WTG Buddy! 2 HOI's and counting. :clapp:

Jeez, Smalls. Were you playing behind INgolfer?

There was some guy lip-synching a rap song, but he actually got up and hit when he could. haha

There was a wedding party out on the course today (nine foursomes) and they were partaking of the alcohol and not really caring.

44-51 for a mildly frustrating 95. Played well on the front, but fell apart on the back with the irons. Need to get to the range to try and get it figured out. Loving the new hybrids and fairway woods. If only I could with all hybrids I would be dangerous.

I shot a shocking 83 today. I got off the tee really well today, but did nothing else very well at all. Walking off the 18th I said "that was probably around an 88 or so". I added up my scorecard after that, then added it up again because i couldn't believe it. Goes to show you how much easier this game is to play from the fairway. I hit my irons poorly, shortgame was just ok, and my putting was pretty poor, but pulled out a decent score (at least for me).

My stats: 11 FW's, 7 greens, 34 putts.

Shot a horrendous 92 (44/48). Played a new course, and couldn't keep the ball in the fairway. Also hit 43 putts. That, folks, is not ideal. On an unrelated note, if anyone has seen my putter and/or driver at the bottom of Clinton Lake, please contact me. :banghead:

38/36 =74 my lowest round this calendar year. 6 bogeys, 2 birdies and my first eagle in 3 years, I was stoked about the big bird finally landing again. Used 29 putts and just got sloppy on the last 4 holes bogeying 3 of them. Did not bother me at all with the eagle being on the card though. Really pleased with every club in the bag except the driver, I have not been hitting it well for about 2 weeks now.

eagleputt.jpg

Way to go my good friend! 74 is stout, and with an eagle. You must have been hot as a pistol on a super hot day in Georgia!

I shot 84 today which is right in line with my goal for the next few years :blob:. I am really pleased these days to shoot in the mid 80's as that is my overall average potential. I did pull out a little surprise on our hole # 5 :act-up:!

Spoiler

Another good buddy scores a hole-in-one. Way to go OG!

Shot a horrendous 92 (44/48). Played a new course, and couldn't keep the ball in the fairway. Also hit 43 putts. That, folks, is not ideal. On an unrelated note, if anyone has seen my putter and/or driver at the bottom of Clinton Lake, please contact me. :banghead:

Tell me this is sarcastic and you didn't actually throw two clubs into a lake.

I did not fare as well as my buddies a little to the South of me. The day started out well enough with a 38 on the front nine (with a triple on a par 3). But, alas, I succumbed to the heat on the back and staggered in with a 45 for an 83 for the day. The heat was brutal and reached triple digits on the back nine. I would have loved to have picked up and gone to the pub, but there was money down and it was a team event. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter, but our tee time is much earlier thankfully.

Got to play 9 quick holes with Jjmorris today. We had a good time and great conversation, he's a great dude and I can't wait to tee it up again. I had 3 bogeys and 1 birdie for a 38. First round with the J40 CB irons, I have some adjusting to do but the wedges were ON today! Love the J40 Black Oxide!!

Got to play 9 quick holes with Jjmorris today. We had a good time and great conversation, he's a great dude and I can't wait to tee it up again. I had 3 bogeys and 1 birdie for a 38. First round with the J40 CB irons, I have some adjusting to do but the wedges were ON today! Love the J40 Black Oxide!!

Dude.. Those wedges were legit for you. I can't wait to tee is up again had a few legit pars and some putting woes haha. Great time can't wait to tee it up again

Tell me this is sarcastic and you didn't actually throw two clubs into a lake.

Thankfully - now - this was sarcasm. I may or may not have thrown a couple of balls in, but I restrained with my clubs. The urge was there, however.

+2/+3 77
11 fir
12 gir
1 birdie
11 pars
6 bogies
longest drive 247... only one drive was under 200 today
#1 and #11 i was putting from off the green after my drives
only bummer today besides the 102 heat index... was i finished bogey bogey bogey because my putting failed me in the end
but yeah im happy with my round woot woot

Shot a hot and sweaty 45, hit 42% fairways and the misses were just off the fringe only one was bad behind a tree, 44% GIR which is much improved and I only had 1 bad shot a chip that I skulled over the green. The lessons I've taken from Golftec have definitely improved my game now I need to work on my putting to bring the scores down even more, had 20 putts and 3 3-putts just need to bring those down.

Had a disappointing stretch with a double and two bogies, but shot 73. It's a very easy course, but it was also very windy and hot today. Getting a lot more consistent with my approaches, but the driver was off. I've tried to incorporate what I'm learning from Tomasi's book The 30-Second Golf Swing, and it's helping quite a bit.

6.29 Mountain View.png

Had a really ugly front 9 of 47 and then flipped the switch and shot 37 on the back 9....all together it's 84....but an odd way to get there...LOL

After a great start I got tired due to just far too much work lately an finished poorly.

I ground out an 83-42-41 butane that was probably the best I could have done today.

The worst thing is my 7 iron has its first little ding in it.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

39-42=81

Then a 38. Just didn't quite have it today.

Great round Dawg, an eagle is always nice too. Way to go! Those eagles fly in pairs, you will get another before too long.

Spoiler

Good shooting in the heat. I've yet to have a H.I.O.

I did not fare as well as my buddies a little to the South of me. The day started out well enough with a 38 on the front nine (with a triple on a par 3). But, alas, I succumbed to the heat on the back and staggered in with a 45 for an 83 for the day. The heat was brutal and reached triple digits on the back nine. I would have loved to have picked up and gone to the pub, but there was money down and it was a team event. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter, but our tee time is much earlier thankfully.

I hear ya, 81 for me (38, 43) The bad part, I missed four little putts, 2-3 foot range, on the front nine. The worse part, I made three double bogies on the back. We started early and finished by noon, it was "only" 99 when we finished but my legs were spent. Some of the fatigue was the heat but it was my fifth round since Tuesday getting ready for a tournament this weekend. I'm riding tomorrow and Sunday, too hot to walk when it gets over 100.

It was relatively cool today only 90*, compared to what some others had to deal with, unfortunately I couldn't keep my score under the temperature. I am going to go Tiger on it and say the 92 was the worst I could have shot today. I had a few too many loose shots and a couple of penalty strokes, good thing I ended up on the plus side of the games we had going! I need to get out and work on my driver, I am all over the place with it right now.

shot an 88 tonight. much better than the 98 i shot on monday! my drives have been very erratic and straightened it out for the most part tonight. hit a great 3rd shot on a par 5, was 110 yards out into the wind and hit a 52' past the flag and pulled it back almost into the hole, missed by inches. had a pretty sweet birdy putt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back