Hybrids, How do you feel about them?

Repeating myself: women's hybrids go up to 7i. They just don't go down to 2i.

Buy a men's 2 hybrid, in the loft you want and just get it reshafted

Hooray for my genius! :banana:

As much as I'd like to play traditionally with the long irons, I simply can't. Just not strong enough to muster up some distance.

So I'm all for hybrids. If they make your game better, why not use them?

Buy a men's 2 hybrid, in the loft you want and just get it reshafted

Hooray for my genius! :banana:

:dohanim: Yes, hooray! Glad someone here is on the ball.

Hybrids bridge a gap I had between a 5i and 5w (no longer in the bag). I'm waiting on some Adams Super XTD's which will launch the ball higher than my TEE hybrids and may even replace my TEE CB1 3w (love that club).

i love my rocketballz hybrids, i play a 4, 5 & 6 and i am most comfortable with my 6 hybrid and i tend to lay up so i can use the 6 if possible as i can 9 times out of 10 hit the green with it

It's funny - I had never had a hybrid until 2 years ago. I bought a Cleveland HiBore 2 hybrid and loved it. Since that I have had 2 other hybrids, and sold them because I didn't like them. The two that I do like are the PING i15 and the Callaway Razr X hybrids. That being said, I do miss the control that a 3 iron gave me. There are two holes at my home course where I hit a 4 iron even though the distance is a little bit far for that club, only because I'd rather be on the fairway or approach than in the rough. So long winded answer, in the long run, I actually will probably go back to a 3 iron at some point.

I love having a 3 and 4 hybrid especially the Rarz X hybrids. They just give me confidence and consistent gaps at the top of my bag.

I like hybrids just fine. I can get along nicely without them though. I could easily play a set of irons that are 3-PW as I can a set 5-PW with a hybo or two thrown in there.

My first pro calls them mickey mouse clubs. So does my girlfriend, who also learned to play with him.

I carry a 4h, but don't really feel good about it .) will be trying 4 and 3is with my next set, maybe next season. If they don't work, hooray hybrids.

I like hybrids just fine. I can get along nicely without them though. I could easily play a set of irons that are 3-PW as I can a set 5-PW with a hybo or two thrown in there.

This. At first I was in love. Since then, I'm just kind of "eh". I like them but I could swap my 3 hybo for a 3 iron at any point.

I just purchased a 3h to replace my 3i. Had a hard time deciding between a 3h or a 4h. My iron is 20 degrees and my options were 19 or 22 for the hybrid. I figured its much easier to choke down then to increase my swing speed which would result in a missed shoot.

At one point I was playing H3-H6 Bobby Jones hybrids, an Xli 8 'iron', followed by 37*-56* Niblicks. No real irons at all, and I was playing quite well.

I have since put some irons back into play, but my feeling is that for a mid to high handicapper in the 20*-26* range, a good hybrid will be better/easier than a good iron. Way more versatility, much more confidence and, depending on the model, a easy way to get distance. Above 20* and I think a wood is a better choice just because its easier to get airborne. Below 26* and the hybrid/iron match up is much more even- at least for me.

I have not played with a 3i or 4i in over 8 years, and I don't miss them at all.

I love my hybrids. I use 3, the Mashie M2 replaced the 5 wood in my bag and it is the hybrid I use the most, I also have the Ping G20 3 and 4 hybrids. I use the 4 a lot more than the 3 and could probably drop the 3 and add another wedge. The M2 is much lower launching than the G20's and it's use increases as the wind kicks up in TX.

Is this thread even relevant anymore? Other than a select few players on tour, aren't hybrids in every bag? Is there even a forum member without a hybrid?

For me, confidence is exponential with hybrids. I love my #3 and 4 TEE Trilogy Hybrids. Any lie, off the tee it doesn,t matter. When i pull either one outta the bag I know this will be a good shot. Yrs. ago my first golf set included a 2 iron, believe it or not i crushed that thing for some reason. But now as age has limited my golf I,ve turned to a set of hybrids and havent looo
ked back.Nice thread JB.

Is this thread even relevant anymore? Other than a select few players on tour, aren't hybrids in every bag? Is there even a forum member without a hybrid?

I was without a hybrid until I got my BStone 2 hybo.

Posting from my POS Atrix so please excuse my horrid typing mistakles

I use them to replace my fairway woods not my irons. Mostly because I am awful off the deck with a 3W or 4W.

Currently gaming a Nickent 4DX 2h & 5DX 3h and have been mostly pleased with both off the fairways and in lighter rough. Starting to hit the 3h great off the tee box and over the next few rounds will be giving the 2h a chance to see what it can do from there as well.

I just picked one up from Sooner21. I've never even hit one, but I want something that I can hit off the tee on tighter fairways and use to punch out from trouble if need be. Also, it fills the gap between my 3 wood and my 4 iron.

I game at least one hybrid and love it, have thought about adding a second one as well. Could I use a long iron and do with out a hybrid, yes but IMO the hybrid is just a bit more consistent and easier out of the rough.

I will say though be careful, as some hybrids are close faced and can be hook machines. The 1st one,s I bought were Nickents and man were they hook machines. Then I bought some Titleist hybo,s and have since sold them and have TEE hybrids. I cannot for the life of me hit a 3 or 4 iron any more.

I have good luck with them. I use them alot when I am behind trees lol
Can play them off the back foot and keep it about two foot off the ground with lots of roll out :)

I used to struggle with them when they first came out. Now I love them. I think the Razr XF hybrid that I got for the MC is phenomenal. I wish they would sell it outside of the Razr XF set. I think it is quite possibly the easiest club I've ever hit

My first pro calls them mickey mouse clubs. So does my girlfriend, who also learned to play with him.

I carry a 4h, but don't really feel good about it .) will be trying 4 and 3is with my next set, maybe next season. If they don't work, hooray hybrids.

If hybrids are good enough for the best pros to use, why not use them yourself?

I never posted here the first time through. Probably because I didn't have any hybrids then.

I've had a few (Nickent 3DX and also 4DX; Adams a12OS and now the Razr X). Also had a SGI set of Cleveland HB3's that were hybrid-like throughout the set. I like that you can (at least with the Adams and the Callaway) get a shot with a long hybrid over tall trees that aren't too far away from you but still get a lot of distance out of the shot. I don't remember how the Nickents were in that regard.

Back