What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great rounds here guys. I was +3 for 9 holes today. I was even through 6 which is the best 6 holes I've ever played. It sure helps when the driver is working, leaving you wedges to the green.

Not today, but on the 27th and 28th I shot back to back 73's. First one was at Trysting Tree Golf Course, I shot 38-35 and I left birdie putts on 10 and 11 just inches short. Second was at Tokatee Golf Course, I shot 39-34, I couldn't hit the ball to save my life all day. The short game kept me in the game the hole round, both my birdie putts were 18+ footers.

Not today, but on the 27th and 28th I shot back to back 73's. First one was at Trysting Tree Golf Course, I shot 38-35 and I left birdie putts on 10 and 11 just inches short. Second was at Tokatee Golf Course, I shot 39-34, I couldn't hit the ball to save my life all day. The short game kept me in the game the hole round, both my birdie putts were 18+ footers.

Pretty crazy how much your short game, namely putting, can salvage a round isn't it? Solid rounds there.

68.9/115 and 69.0/113 courses, cloudy and just a drop or two but the courses were great.

Shot 84 and 81. Nice, whoo baby!

I did not fare as well as my buddies a little to the South of me. The day started out well enough with a 38 on the front nine (with a triple on a par 3). But, alas, I succumbed to the heat on the back and staggered in with a 45 for an 83 for the day. The heat was brutal and reached triple digits on the back nine. I would have loved to have picked up and gone to the pub, but there was money down and it was a team event. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter, but our tee time is much earlier thankfully.

Nice round considering we actually hit 108* for our official temperature here, I went out at 7:45 and was through by 11:20 so I actually beat the heat on my round. 38 with a triple is some nice shooting buddy. :thumb:

I played in our medal and 2nd championship qualifier today and shot 39 (+4) / 42 (+6) for an 81 (+10). I played better than my score suggests as I got really punished for a few poor shots. I struggled on the greens today, partly down to changing a few things in my setup and partly as the greens were painfully slow as they were soaking wet and haven't been cut for a few days due to the weather.

With 2 scores in so far I should be there or there abouts in terms of qualifying for the championship and I still have another round to try and improve my total.

I played yesterday.
First round was at Circling Raven in Worley, Idaho. (beautiful course)
Score - 76 with double bogey on 18.

Second round as at the Coeur d'Alene municiple course (tight course that winds through trees, trees and more trees.

Score - My all time new low round - 2 under 70.

What a good day it was !

69, -1. 4 off the lead. Incredibly frustrated. 15 GIRs, 34 putts, 2.0 in putts per GIR. Spent 3 hours on the practice green afterwards.

Had a great round today... 15/18 GIRs, no penalty shots, 30 putts. 6 Birdies, 9 pars, 3 bogies for a -3 score of 69!!!!!!! This matches my lowest score for 18 holes ever, and is the best round in terms of under par I have ever had (-3)

I was just swinging easy all day, and man does that ever produce great results.

Low round of the year....73, +1. 37/36. 5 birdies. Hit the ball great and putted great on the back 9. Love playing other courses other than my home course.

Had a great round today... 15/18 GIRs, no penalty shots, 30 putts. 6 Birdies, 9 pars, 3 bogies for a -3 score of 69!!!!!!! This matches my lowest score for 18 holes ever, and is the best round in terms of under par I have ever had (-3)

I was just swinging easy all day, and man does that ever produce great results.
Great job Belbs!!! THats an amazing score buddy, congrats.

For 9 holes, shot a 4 over last night, and that was with a 6 on one of the PAR 3's that did not go so well.

75 (37-38) Yesterday and 75 (37-38) today.

Played The Frog today with ATLGolfer, Chewie, and Chewie's buddy, Dave. It was hot, but the course was in top shape, and we had a great time. ATLgolfer stole my Cleveland Classic Driver from me, and then proceeded to beat me into the ground with it. At least I know the Classic has a good new home.

I wasn't hitting my irons well at all, but I managed to hit 12/14 fairways and 10 GIRs. I got up and down for par on 4 of the 8 greens I missed, and had two chips that really tried to just fall in the hole for birdie. So, with 10 GIRs and 4 more par saves, I should have shot a 76 at worst, right?? Maybe I got a couple birdies and had a 74 or 75?

Nope.

I had five, count 'em, FIVE, three putt greens. WTPutt??? A couple of them were well-earned by landing the ball in the worst possible spot on the green, but the others were just lousy putts. I missed a couple very makeable putts on other holes, too.

Needless to say, the new Mizuno-Bettinardi putter will be riding the pines for a while, with the Ping Anser back in the lineup.

82 today with a quad, a triple and a double... Good round over 15 holes!

98....So many 3-4 putts I wanted to throw the putter in the woods. It took me 13 holes to realize that I was using my hands and not rotating at the hips. For some reason I just was not paying attention to the round. There was even a time that I thought I was putting for par but instead it was birdie.

New PB today at 77! School ended wed. and the last 3 days have been 79, 82, 77. Go summer!

played 27 in the heat this morning. 51/44. no warm-up, we just walked on and played and it really showed on the 1st 9...I couldn't get the driver or the irons working. everything was going to the right. I tightened up on the 2nd 9 but it was all over by then. had a couple more bad breaks. the only thing that I was doing 1/2-way decent was putting. only one 3-putt thru 18 holes and did birdie the par-5 #7 hole. This is the first +90 round in the last 8 rounds..I was disappointed

I wanted a little redemption and the heat wasn't up over 100 yet so we played the front 9 again and I was smokin. I did double #3..the toughest hole on the course when I duck-hooked my drive into the woods. but proceeded to birdie # 7 again. hit a beauty of a drive on #9 and was on pace for a 38 but then sliced my 2nd shot, chunked my first chip then chipped on from the fringe and then 2-putted for another double...walked away with a 40 for 9 holes...not bad but disappointing how it ended. by then it was blistering hot...I just wanted to get in the clubhouse.

I have an early tee time tomorrow....another challenge....we'll see how it goes. I love this game.

Nice 69 Belbs!

I doubled 18 today for an 81. Pretty good day but just went thru a mid round funk.

When I get home I've got some great feedback on the J40 CBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played The Frog today with ATLGolfer, Chewie, and Chewie's buddy, Dave. It was hot, but the course was in top shape, and we had a great time. ATLgolfer stole my Cleveland Classic Driver from me, and then proceeded to beat me into the ground with it. At least I know the Classic has a good new home.

I wasn't hitting my irons well at all, but I managed to hit 12/14 fairways and 10 GIRs. I got up and down for par on 4 of the 8 greens I missed, and had two chips that really tried to just fall in the hole for birdie. So, with 10 GIRs and 4 more par saves, I should have shot a 76 at worst, right?? Maybe I got a couple birdies and had a 74 or 75?

Nope.

I had five, count 'em, FIVE, three putt greens. WTPutt??? A couple of them were well-earned by landing the ball in the worst possible spot on the green, but the others were just lousy putts. I missed a couple very makeable putts on other holes, too.

Needless to say, the new Mizuno-Bettinardi putter will be riding the pines for a while, with the Ping Anser back in the lineup.

It was fun playing. The Classic is a monster.

I ended up with an 80 (40/40). That included my missed 16" putt on the last hole for birdie. No one was going to make a birdie today -- no one.

Hit the ball better than I scored, but I was glad to hit the ball better in general. My last couple rounds had been interesting(ly bad).

Played a tough but fun course with G4L today over on his side of the river in NJ today (~6500 yds) and it was a tale of two 9's today for me.

Shot 101 (57/44) with 32 putts (one 3 putt) and 5 penalties....it was the first time I was able to play with some new things that my instructor has me working on as I wasn't able to hit the range at all after my lesson on Monday. Started the first hole with a nice 10 and 3 penalty shots and figured it was going to be one of those rounds again. I was really struggling to get to my left side and my hands through the ball as my back was having none of it. The front 9 was a bad case of short and rights off the tee with the driver and FW while my irons were dead right via blocks or slices. Once I got on or near the green I was solid and got to the cup quickly though. The back nine was where things started to click for me and I got into a good rhythm. My tempo got much better, managed to get some weight to my left side and my hands through the ball more. Driver was straight, FW had a nice fade to it, hybrids were straight and long, and my irons were solid and accurate. Even ended up parring the final hole which was the #1 handicap hole too so it was good to really finish strong. Putting was really good for me today and while I left a few putts short that I shouldnt have my pace and lines were all consistent. Had some issues with being a little close to the ball which hurt since my irons are now +1" so there were a bit of heel shots and then I forgot to move back closer to the ball for hybrids where I was toeing a few shots. This will all be worked out with some range time though. Definitely going to get to the range tomorrow to work on some more things and get more comfortable with my new swing before my next lesson on Tuesday. I'm glad I stuck to what's being taught to me and didn't bail out when I was struggling on the front 9 and I'm excited to keep working on things.

Played a tough but fun course with G4L today over on his side of the river in NJ today (~6500 yds) and it was a tale of two 9's today for me.

Shot 101 (57/44) with 32 putts (one 3 putt) and 5 penalties....it was the first time I was able to play with some new things that my instructor has me working on as I wasn't able to hit the range at all after my lesson on Monday. Started the first hole with a nice 10 and 3 penalty shots and figured it was going to be one of those rounds again. I was really struggling to get to my left side and my hands through the ball as my back was having none of it. The front 9 was a bad case of short and rights off the tee with the driver and FW while my irons were dead right via blocks or slices. Once I got on or near the green I was solid and got to the cup quickly though. The back nine was where things started to click for me and I got into a good rhythm. My tempo got much better, managed to get some weight to my left side and my hands through the ball more. Driver was straight, FW had a nice fade to it, hybrids were straight and long, and my irons were solid and accurate. Even ended up parring the final hole which was the #1 handicap hole too so it was good to really finish strong. Putting was really good for me today and while I left a few putts short that I shouldnt have my pace and lines were all consistent. Had some issues with being a little close to the ball which hurt since my irons are now +1" so there were a bit of heel shots and then I forgot to move back closer to the ball for hybrids where I was toeing a few shots. This will all be worked out with some range time though. Definitely going to get to the range tomorrow to work on some more things and get more comfortable with my new swing before my next lesson on Tuesday. I'm glad I stuck to what's being taught to me and didn't bail out when I was struggling on the front 9 and I'm excited to keep working on things.

Glad that you've got some stuff brewing...you'll be ready for the MC in no time! Where did you guys play?

I really had an up and down day today. I felt like I was striking the ball well but made some stupid mental mistakes, three putted five times, had a triple bogey, three birdies, missed a hole in one by an inch and ultimately shot 39/45 for 84. But...because of the blind draw parings done after todays round for our normal Saturday morning game, my score held up and we won the cash :)

The greens were a little rough today do to routine summer maintanance and all of the rain we have had this past week.

This is the par 3 second hole where I just missed the hole in one (a view of the green)...

old-corkscrew2.jpg

Damn skippy dude! We played that course Bret was talking about when we all played last time, River Winds? It's the same distance from me as Rock Manor in DE is and the same cost yet much better lay out. Or course the cart girls are nice too....You'd like it (the course not the cart girls)

Glad that you've got some stuff brewing...you'll be ready for the MC in no time! Where did you guys play?

I was looking for this thread. Went out the other day and played 9 and shot a 57. Not to great for me I had a 10, and 2 snowman. Managed to get my first par and birdie though so that made up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back