Years played, Handicap, Swing speed, and Yardages.

I know... I was trying to make a joke but apparently nobody wanted to hear it.
Probably not the rigfht thread to make a joke in. Most people wait for threads like this to blow up.

My favorite thing about all of these threads is that irons are listed as carry distance. But driver and 3wood are usually listed as overall distance.

If you want to know how far I hit them, get to the Des Moines outing.
Crap, I forgot about that! Now everyone will know!

Played: 14 years
HC- 9ish
SS- 110

Driver- 280ish
3 wood-240-250
5 wood- 220ish
4iron-195-200
5iron-185-190
6iron 175ish
7iron-165ish
8iron-150
9iron-135-140
PW- 125ish
DW-105
After my 50* DW, I don't hit full wedges. Anything inside 100 yards is a high punch or a bump and run. I know, different, but im deadly at it!

My favorite thing about all of these threads is that irons are listed as carry distance. But driver and 3wood are usually listed as overall distance.

Maybe because irons normally stop close to where they land and woods get a lot of roll?

We will be watching the MC live man. We will know way before the DM outing.

Oh yeah. I'll be going through a swing change at the Morgan Cup. Carry on.

If you want to know how far I hit them, get to the Des Moines outing.

Because we all tend to judge our irons by how far it is to the green....Driver and 3W we judge from where they stop on the fairway.

Years Played =Too fricking long but I still love it

Handicap = 15

Swing Speed = Too fricking slow

Yardages = Enough to get me to the bath room before the pepto bismo hits :bulgy-eyes:

Because we all tend to judge our irons by how far it is to the green....Driver and 3W we judge from where they stop on the fairway.

Yeah I get that. That's the logical reason why. But it is also because nobody wants to list their carry distances. Because saying "I hit my driver 250" is a lot more impressive than saying "I carry my driver 235".

I never manage the course by thinking about overall distance. I always think about carry distances. Anything more is a bonus.

Yeah I get that. That's the logical reason why. But it is also because nobody wants to list their carry distances. Because saying "I hit my driver 250" is a lot more impressive than saying "I carry my driver 235".

I never manage the course by thinking about overall distance. I always think about carry distances. Anything more is a bonus.
I've never thought of it this way.. However it seems right. Thanks!

Been playing 3 years.

SS: slower than Bubba, Tiger, JRod, Biggsy and a few other people.

I also usually hit the ball past the red tees too.

I can shank a wedge like nobodies business.

Posting from my POS Atrix so please excuse my horrid typing mistakles

Let's see.

I've been actually playing golf for a year now. Before that it was just drunken fun a couple of times a year.

My handicap is around 20 or so, unofficial.

My swing speed is around 90.

My driver distance is between 190 and 250 yards, depending on how good I hit it. I can hit it 275 yards, but that is only on holes that dogleg at 250.

I hit my 7 iron about 150 and do some math and guess at the rest.

Putting distance depends on whether it is an uphill or downhill lie. I get much better distance downhill.

It's also because the average person has no idea what their carry distance is with a driver or 3W...it's not something that is easy to measure for the average golfer that doesn't have access to launch monitors and simulators.

Therefore we measure from where the ball comes to rest....we do the same thing for irons...it's just that irons typically are hit into the green and don't go more than a few feet from where they land.

Thats also why some people end up hitting lay up shots with irons too far most of the time, because they have no idea how far they bounce and run when not hit into a green.

Time playing, on for 3 off for five and on again for 3 months.

Handicap is between 0 and 30, depending on the day and who I'm playing with.

SS - 111
Average driver distance is about 270
And my irons, well, too long or too short...

yrs playing: 15
swing speed: 115
HC: 12
Distances:
Driver- 275 (max)
4W- 235
3H- 220
4H- 205
4i- 195
5i- 190
6i- 180
7i- 165
8i- 155
9i- 145
PW- 135
54*- 120
60*- 105

It's also because the average person has no idea what their carry distance is with a driver or 3W...it's not something that is easy to measure for the average golfer that doesn't have access to launch monitors and simulators.

Therefore we measure from where the ball comes to rest....we do the same thing for irons...it's just that irons typically are hit into the green and don't go more than a few feet from where they land.

Thats also why some people end up hitting lay up shots with irons too far most of the time, because they have no idea how far they bounce and run when not hit into a green.

Not disputing any of that. But also. To be fair, most people on this forum and posting in this thread know damn well what their average carry distances are. But they don't want to look silly on te internet.

Not disputing any of that. But also. To be fair, most people on this forum and posting in this thread know damn well what their average carry distances are. But they don't want to look silly on te internet.

I think this post is silly.

It's 240 to the sharp dogleg, you carry 235 but total driver distance is 250. So, you don't worry about total distance and hit driver through dogleg and into deep rough. Hmmmmm.

I don't know what mine are. There is one hole that has a creek that is a 202 yard carry. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I land in it and sometimes I bounce or roll in it. So does that mean I have about a 200 yard carry distance with my driver? That's a serious question by the way. I've never really thought about what my carry distance was before because I don't know how to go about measuring it.

I wish I knew. But I don't have access to a LM. Haven't hit my driver on one since last summer.

It's 240 to the sharp dogleg, you carry 235 but total driver distance is 250. So, you don't worry about total distance and hit driver through dogleg and into deep rough. Hmmmmm.

Yup. That is an exception. I think I did post that I "never worry about overall distances". I should have posted "rarely".

I don't know what mine are. There is one hole that has a creek that is a 202 yard carry. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I land in it and sometimes I bounce or roll in it. So does that mean I have about a 200 yard carry distance with my driver? That's a serious question by the way. I've never really thought about what my carry distance was before because I don't know how to go about measuring it.

I would say that your carry distance is around 200.

Some probably do.....I don't. I have only been on a LM once...when I was fit for these clubs......sure I hit in the bays at GG or GS sometimes...but most of the time the GS by my house has stuff turned off ....so I really have no clue....I know when I got fit for the RAZR FIT Driver, he told me my carry with it was 236 and overall I was 250-255. I didn't get numbers for my 3W.

Years played: 16 years (started at 12)

HDCP: 9.6

SS: No clue

Yardages (Average total distance)

D-260

3W-230

3i-200

4i-185

5i-170

6i-160

7i-150

8-140

9-130

PW-120

52-110

56 and 60-never use for full shots

These threads never disappoint. 310 driver carries on average? You guys are beasts.

Back