Callaway Golf Morgan Cup Hybrid Thread

Glad to see they are working out as well for you as they are for me.....I absolutely love them! I only have one problem with the Razr X Hybrid....................I wish I would have gotten a 5 hybrid too!

I had a shot Friday when Steele and I played where I was under some trees on a par 5 and had to keep the ball low then make it slice around the trees to get close to the green.....I even told Steele exactly what I was trying to do so he would know it wasn't a "lucky shot"...LOL

I aim the face at the green.....set my body to the left of the trees and swung along my body keeping the follow through low....the ball came out low.....went under the trees and started rising and curving....it came down within 5 yards of the front edge of the green just like I drew it up!

Nice shot dude!!! I love those prove it moments hahaha

Yeah it's a really good stick....maybe Callaway's best ever. I think they've missed the mark with their hybrids for a long time but this one is really good. But I don't think it'll get a lot of notice amongst the other options that are out there.

the Razr X hybrid sure was a surprise last year Hanks. It treated me very well. Glad to see it's doing the same to you.

Glad to see they are working out as well for you as they are for me.....I absolutely love them! I only have one problem with the Razr X Hybrid....................I wish I would have gotten a 5 hybrid too!

I had a shot Friday when Steele and I played where I was under some trees on a par 5 and had to keep the ball low then make it slice around the trees to get close to the green.....I even told Steele exactly what I was trying to do so he would know it wasn't a "lucky shot"...LOL

I aim the face at the green.....set my body to the left of the trees and swung along my body keeping the follow through low....the ball came out low.....went under the trees and started rising and curving....it came down within 5 yards of the front edge of the green just like I drew it up!

Yeah it's a really good stick....maybe Callaway's best ever. I think they've missed the mark with their hybrids for a long time but this one is really good. But I don't think it'll get a lot of notice amongst the other options that are out there.

Hanks, interesting statement here and wondered about your thoughts on the previous Diablo Edge. I hit the Edge in a sim and I thought the face was pretty damn hot on them. Do you feel that the Razr X is a significant upgrade? I ask because I found a pile of Edge lefties for super cheap but if the Razr X is that much of an improvement I may go with them...

I do remember that being a hot face as well but I think that was a larger hybrid, almost like a smaller FW for my personal taste. I think the X is a definite upgrade over the Edge

Hanks, interesting statement here and wondered about your thoughts on the previous Diablo Edge. I hit the Edge in a sim and I thought the face was pretty damn hot on them. Do you feel that the Razr X is a significant upgrade? I ask because I found a pile of Edge lefties for super cheap but if the Razr X is that much of an improvement I may go with them...

I do remember that being a hot face as well but I think that was a larger hybrid, almost like a smaller FW for my personal taste. I think the X is a definite upgrade over the Edge

Much appreciated, Hanks. Looks like I better spend some time w/the Razr X's....

Today I had the chance to break 80 at my home course for the first time this year. After bogeying 17 I thought it was over for me, a par on 18 would mean an 80, and a par on 18 is a good score. It is not long, but it doglegs a little and once get you get about 75 yards from the green there is about a 20 yard opening in the trees to hit the green, so it is a very narrow opening and also it is the smallest green on the course with 2 decent side ridges on it. Anyhow, tee shot is critical if you want to have a shot at the green, and today I decided I was going to hit the hybrid because I had been hitting it so well all day. I striped it perfectly down the middle, which left me a nice straight 100 yard shot to the green. I stuck the next shot to 3 and birdied to shoot 79!

On another hole with a very narrow fairway lines with trees I pulled my 3-wood left into the trees. I either had to chip backwards to get back in the fairway, or I saw a very narrow opening through the trees that would allow me to hit up toward the green. I had about a 10 foot window, and had to keep the ball lower than 10 feet. I was about 140 from the green. I put the ball back in my stance, put a little extra weight on my front foot, and hit one of the best punch shots of my life. The ball never got more than 10 feet off the ground and it went straight down the middle of the opening. It ended up landing in the fairway and just kept rolling all the way up beside the green. It left me an easy up and down for par on another hole that usually gives me fits.

Nice round dude! I know a lot of guys loved these hybrids last year and it is great to see a new group finding the same results.

--
Tapatalk2

Today I had the chance to break 80 at my home course for the first time this year. After bogeying 17 I thought it was over for me, a par on 18 would mean an 80, and a par on 18 is a good score. It is not long, but it doglegs a little and once get you get about 75 yards from the green there is about a 20 yard opening in the trees to hit the green, so it is a very narrow opening and also it is the smallest green on the course with 2 decent side ridges on it. Anyhow, tee shot is critical if you want to have a shot at the green, and today I decided I was going to hit the hybrid because I had been hitting it so well all day. I striped it perfectly down the middle, which left me a nice straight 100 yard shot to the green. I stuck the next shot to 3 and birdied to shoot 79!

On another hole with a very narrow fairway lines with trees I pulled my 3-wood left into the trees. I either had to chip backwards to get back in the fairway, or I saw a very narrow opening through the trees that would allow me to hit up toward the green. I had about a 10 foot window, and had to keep the ball lower than 10 feet. I was about 140 from the green. I put the ball back in my stance, put a little extra weight on my front foot, and hit one of the best punch shots of my life. The ball never got more than 10 feet off the ground and it went straight down the middle of the opening. It ended up landing in the fairway and just kept rolling all the way up beside the green. It left me an easy up and down for par on another hole that usually gives me fits.

Great round Bradd! I'm working on a hybrid writeup now. Hint: I freaking love them

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Great round Bradd! I'm working on a hybrid writeup now. Hint: I freaking love them

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Great hint! I hit one par 5 on my course in 2 my last round with driver then 3 hybrid! I've never hit that green before even with driver, 3 wood. Thats how good these clubs are and these hybos in paticular.

Nice round Bradd, these hybrids rock....I don't think I have hit a bad shot with either one yet.

Its not really a good thing...but since I'm missing some fairways lately with the Driver and there are a lot of trees on my course I like to have fun and attempt the risky shot through the trees sometimes, even if I hit my regular shot and then just drop another one to see if I can hit it. But anyway...I am getting pretty good at that shot, and hybris is perfect for it. I am hitting them better with the RAZR X Tour than my previous hybrid because it launched a little higher, and I couldn't quite keep it as low when trying to hit a punch shot. But with the X Tour with the Fubuki shaft I get such a lot ball flight and it makes it that much easier to keep the ball low for these sorts of shots. I probably had 40 yards from where my ball was lying today to get through the woods and back into the fairway because I was hitting up toward the green and I was able to carry it all the way to the fairway before it even came down and it probably only got 8 feet off the ground.

Nice Ingolfer!!!! Congrats! Plan to use it some tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed. The hybrid club has been my thorn in the side for sometime now and it shouldn't be.

Nice Ingolfer!!!! Congrats! Plan to use it some tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed. The hybrid club has been my thorn in the side for sometime now and it shouldn't be.

Nate, skim alert, but which hybo did you get? 3?4? Tour/non-tour?

Wow, those are some serious shafts!

This past week I got out twice to the course and I ended up playing 36 holes. This was the first real action for the Razr XF hybrids. I liked them before, I love them now.

The 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 9 holes I did struggle a tiny bit. Mostly hit them well but there was a 2 hole stretch that had me hitting the 3 hybrid thin. Still got good results but it was not perfect contact. The first I got to the ball and it was in an old divot. Tried hitting down on it but just caught it a little thin. Ball went straight but I pushed it a little right and it was low. 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] time was from the woods and I tried playing a low punch shot. Slipped on the pinestraw and the ball hit off a tree and came out as good as I could hope for.

The rest of the holes were pure awesomeness. Need a club to hit on the short and tight par 4’s? This Razr XF 3H is a beast. So far I’ve hit all but one fairway and that one miss was because I was hurried. The guys let me play through and of course I duffed the shot. I’m seeing a mid ball flight that just bores through the air. I’m not even sure penetrating is a strong enough word for it. It is mainly straight but if I need to I can draw it. There is no fading this club for me. That is not new though as I struggle to put a fade on anything. Looking to go for a par 5 in 2? It’s your huckleberry. I’m not sure that I’ve had this much confidence in a 3H ever.

The 4H is much the same. I’ve struggled with the longish par 3’s. Anywhere in the 180-195 range and I’m looking at the best spot to miss. Now with this club, I’m looking at where on the green I want to be putting from. There is a longish par 3 at a local course that I poop you not I’ve never hit. Ever. It’s a narrow shoot and bunkers left and right. 180 and higher depending on the tee box. Well first time with the new hybrids and I pumped it right onto the green and just missed birdie. Played the hole again a few hours later and landed in the exact same spot. Consistency is a great word in golf and not one that I’ve had when it comes to the long irons/long hybrids. This, so far, has changed with the XF hybrids. They are money

Nice job, Chunky. Does the XF have the rounded lower portion of the face like the X hybrid? Do you think that helps at all on those thinner shots?

Good stuff chunky. I think those Callaway hybrids are dang good sticks even though for some reason I wanted to not like them. They really are good though. Good to see them working out for you.

Good stuff Chunky! Your distances are pretty close to mine with the same clubs....are you noticing much roll out or is it pretty much 'hit it high and drop from the sky' for you?

This past week I got out twice to the course and I ended up playing 36 holes. This was the first real action for the Razr XF hybrids. I liked them before, I love them now.

The 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 9 holes I did struggle a tiny bit. Mostly hit them well but there was a 2 hole stretch that had me hitting the 3 hybrid thin. Still got good results but it was not perfect contact. The first I got to the ball and it was in an old divot. Tried hitting down on it but just caught it a little thin. Ball went straight but I pushed it a little right and it was low. 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] time was from the woods and I tried playing a low punch shot. Slipped on the pinestraw and the ball hit off a tree and came out as good as I could hope for.

The rest of the holes were pure awesomeness. Need a club to hit on the short and tight par 4’s? This Razr XF 3H is a beast. So far I’ve hit all but one fairway and that one miss was because I was hurried. The guys let me play through and of course I duffed the shot. I’m seeing a mid ball flight that just bores through the air. I’m not even sure penetrating is a strong enough word for it. It is mainly straight but if I need to I can draw it. There is no fading this club for me. That is not new though as I struggle to put a fade on anything. Looking to go for a par 5 in 2? It’s your huckleberry. I’m not sure that I’ve had this much confidence in a 3H ever.

The 4H is much the same. I’ve struggled with the longish par 3’s. Anywhere in the 180-195 range and I’m looking at the best spot to miss. Now with this club, I’m looking at where on the green I want to be putting from. There is a longish par 3 at a local course that I poop you not I’ve never hit. Ever. It’s a narrow shoot and bunkers left and right. 180 and higher depending on the tee box. Well first time with the new hybrids and I pumped it right onto the green and just missed birdie. Played the hole again a few hours later and landed in the exact same spot. Consistency is a great word in golf and not one that I’ve had when it comes to the long irons/long hybrids. This, so far, has changed with the XF hybrids. They are money

Got the 3, 21 degree, non-tour. I just liked the look of the bigger head on the non-tour and the face angle looked the same on both when I looked down at them.

Played yesterday but never hit the club. Part was I'd not hit it yet and part was I just didn't need it for a shot. But got to 18 tee and after hitting my drive I threw another ball down and hit the 3 hybrid. Hit a nice shot down the left side of a tight fairway. First impression was how solid the ball felt on the face. Like a rocket firing off. It didn't absord the ball at all on contact.

Really excited to hit a few more before putting it in play. But after one shot I have hight hopes for shot 2, 3, 4 and more!

Got the 3, 21 degree, non-tour. I just liked the look of the bigger head on the non-tour and the face angle looked the same on both when I looked down at them.

Played yesterday but never hit the club. Part was I'd not hit it yet and part was I just didn't need it for a shot. But got to 18 tee and after hitting my drive I threw another ball down and hit the 3 hybrid. Hit a nice shot down the left side of a tight fairway. First impression was how solid the ball felt on the face. Like a rocket firing off. It didn't absord the ball at all on contact.

Really excited to hit a few more before putting it in play. But after one shot I have hight hopes for shot 2, 3, 4 and more!

I think you will like them Nate...the ball jumps off them with a nice solid sound, I have the 3 and 4 and after the MC may add the 5.

Got my first round in today with the new Razr X 3 hybrid. Love how this club sets up at address. I actually choose to use the hybrid off the tee on a couple of par 4's simply just to keep myself in play. I don't use a tee, I prefer to hit it off the deck no real reason I just prefer too. No issues with this club in any sort of lie. I was offline on a par 5 and used the hybrid from some heavy wet rough. Hit a good shot and left myself with a 80 yard chip. Stitched the chip and 2 putted for par. This hybrid saved me 4-5 shots today by simply getting my back in play and giving me the chance to score.

I am always amazed at how well the razr hybrids hold the greens very little roll out on them I love it

Gentlemen, nice job on the Cally hybrid reviews and pics. They might be the best-looking hybrid out there. They just scream hit me.

Chunky, it's very telling when a club can make you go from "where is my miss" to where you are at now. I can't imagine what kind of dimension it's going to add to already well-rounded game. With that mid ball flight and boring through the air, do you see it having an issue holding a green? Just curious on ball reaction you are seeing when it lands.

Thank you.

I'll answer that biggsy in case Chunky doesn't get back to you in 4 days.....I'm seeing a high, penetrating ball flight and the few times where I've gone for a green with one of these it hasn't held too well. It's not a drop straight out of the sky type of hybrid, imo. An to your point on these being possiby the best looking hybrid out there...there definitely is a subtle sexiness to it that's for sure. I think the sole of these is really cool

Gentlemen, nice job on the Cally hybrid reviews and pics. They might be the best-looking hybrid out there. They just scream hit me.

Chunky, it's very telling when a club can make you go from "where is my miss" to where you are at now. I can't imagine what kind of dimension it's going to add to already well-rounded game. With that mid ball flight and boring through the air, do you see it having an issue holding a green? Just curious on ball reaction you are seeing when it lands.

Thank you.

Hit 2 shots with the hybrid today, both on the same hole par 5. Great feel hybrid and I love the feel off the ball. Thanks guys for leading me down the road with this upgrade!

Back