Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy titanium faced goodness that freaking XTD hybo is looong! RBZ ain't got $H!? on the XTD. I'm now thinking 17* would be the way to go. Was hitting the 19* 245-250. The 18.5* Tour 3 RBZ hybo only got me 240 max AND had a 1/2" longer shaft.

I'm thinking 21* for a 235 club and 17* for the 250+ shots and to replace the RBZ Tour 3W off the tee.

More loft AND more distance? I'll take it!

Any thoughts?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

You were hitting a 19* club 250+ yards? Holy balls I'm doing something wrong. How far do you hit driver?

Holy titanium faced goodness that freaking XTD hybo is looong! RBZ ain't got $H!? on the XTD. I'm now thinking 17* would be the way to go. Was hitting the 19* 245-250. The 18.5* Tour 3 RBZ hybo only got me 240 max AND had a 1/2" longer shaft.

I'm thinking 21* for a 235 club and 17* for the 250+ shots and to replace the RBZ Tour 3W off the tee.

More loft AND more distance? I'll take it!

Any thoughts?

That's why it would be awesome if the 16* XTD fairway wood was actually available at retail and not tour only. Are you thinking about replacing the RBZ 3 wood and 3 hybrid?

You were hitting a 19* club 250+ yards? Holy balls I'm doing something wrong. How far do you hit driver?

This. Where did you hit it?

280's . I can break 300 if I truly step on it.

Oh, and I was stepping on the XTD.

My 18* hybrid is used for 250 off the deck and about 270 off the tee. It's about the same as a 5 wood but easier for me to hit.

Also, that's why I was so surprised. I usually get 235 out of my 18.5 RBZ.

My 18* hybrid is used for 250 off the deck and about 270 off the tee. It's about the same as a 5 wood but easier for me to hit.

Wow. That's crazy long dude. I don't even think Tigger hits his beloved 5 wood that far. Nice!

I'm pondering whether or not having a dramatically lighter shaft in my wedges vs my irons has anything to do with my garbage distance control with them lately.

Wow I must be doing something wrong, I only hit my 5 wood 230 haha and my 3 wood 260 off the tee (but it's the 14* TP version though)

I ponder if my driver, XTD hybrid, and i20 hybrid will all three make it home this week. The wait has been killer...except the i20 as that was a today knew jerk thing.

That be my equipment ponder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats roughly what I get out of my 3 iron

That's pretty long dude. I don't do 3 irons any more. I can hit them well enough and they get up in the air good but they just don't seem to have a very big distance gap from my 4 iron.

See im different. I have a big gap from 3 to 4, then its consistent from there.

4i is 215, 5i is 205, 6i is 195... etc
That's pretty long dude. I don't do 3 irons any more. I can hit them well enough and they get up in the air good but they just don't seem to have a very big distance gap from my 4 iron.

The M6 isn't a bullseye though. I always keep my eye out at courses that have old ones. I'm going to find a gem at some point.

I can get you an original Bullseye, even has the original grip from the 70's on it (true story). It's my roommates.

Look for an old one on the cheap then have it refinished.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

This is what I've realized for myself, too. Next set will stop at 4i and move to 3h.

See im different. I have a big gap from 3 to 4, then its consistent from there.

4i is 215, 5i is 205, 6i is 195... etc

Holy @#$%

Add the J40 to my wedge ponder.

Very good ponder there.

Do any of the normal retailers sell them? We have a GS & GG around me. If not, I've already got one I'm eying on the bay...

Some places do, just depends on where you are. Check it here; http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/dealer/locator

Nice. I have another tab open on that page. The course I get lessons at is a dealer. I'll wander into the pro shop and see if they sell the wedges tonight... I like the look of the black oxide. Would mesh nicely with my bag as I'm rocking black pearl irons and wedges already. Thinking that I'll just grab a 56˚ for now. My 48˚ and 52˚ have shafts that closely match my irons. The 56˚ I have now is the same. However, it is my workhorse 80 and in. I'm curious to see what the spinner shaft will add for me.

Add the J40 to my wedge ponder.

I agree, good ponder. I should be ordering mine today, woohoo.

I think I'm going 52/56/60, all bent 1 degree strong because my PW is 47*. However, I currently have a pretty decent gap between my PW and my 52 that I'm not sure 1 degree will be enough. One thing I don't know about though, is that my current wedges are standard length, whereas I will be ordering +1/2" (same as my irons) in my new wedges. This should add some distance too, right? Fwiw right now my PW is my 130 club and my 52 is my 110 club and I seem to find myself in between too often.

Blugold's putter ponder is Corey Pavin approved.

Man I thought I was a decently long hitter but I'll take my seat at the back of the bus now, haha.

Still trying to talk myself into dropping $$ on R11S TP with the NV 65. Also possibly pondering the Ahina, Black Tie, and Kusala Silver

Bahester - I've got the 'Ahina in my 910 D2 and really like it. You're welcome to hit if we ever get together for a round (hopefully soon!)

Pondering a SCOR 41*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back