thanks Colt. I have only swung the C-Tapers in these irons and that was at the outing. I liked what I saw, but I have no clue how they would hold up over time for my game. ​

Jman - as someone who has played DG300 in more than few sets of irons, do you think the C-Taper is all that much of a different beast?

Honestly, I do dd. The DG's may be there with weight but they always have and still do spin a pretty significant amount more for me that the CT's do. I don't throw in the flight comparison because its different for everyone, I hit my CT's lower than I did my S300's but stiffness has a factor there too. The spin decrease with the CT's is what makes it such a different beast IMO though. I can still hold a green with hop and stop in a low iron with them but alot of guys I've let use them in no way shape or form can. Lower spin is great, but lowering it too much can do alot more harm than good for some and I think alot of golfers don't realize that enough.

Also, I think the S300's are easier to load and unload, but they do feel like absolute rubbish to me. BUT, we all know feel is in the eye of the beholder.

Guys lets make sure we keep these to the irons.

Haha! I was thinking something else. :bulgy-eyes:

I think I told you something along the lines of that in Orlando. Knew you would like 'em.

LOL I thought of what a certain person could think of ATM being aftewards (see my edit) and if that is ddec's thing more power to him haha

I've played S300 plenty as well. For me at least the C-Taper launches like a hard stepped s-300, maybe an X100 but spins less. Close to PX in spin #'s. Maybe a little lower.

So for me, simply C-Taper S launches= S300 hard stepped and spins similarly to PX 6.0.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.
Colt; you were pondering these vs the 588s yesterday, did you end up OEMing the CMBs? Or have them to Demo?

Guys lets make sure we keep these to the irons.

Crud, sorry JB.

On the fact of the irons, I do still stand by I'd love to have a set eventually for fun. Maybe this fall when the used sets are out and about more. They won't replace my i20's but they'd be fun to have and rock every now and again. I'm becoming more and more an Adams fan myself.

Honestly, I do dd. The DG's may be there with weight but they always have and still do spin a pretty significant amount more for me that the CT's do. I don't throw in the flight comparison because its different for everyone, I hit my CT's lower than I did my S300's but stiffness has a factor there too. The spin decrease with the CT's is what makes it such a different beast IMO though. I can still hold a green with hop and stop in a low iron with them but alot of guys I've let use them in no way shape or form can. Lower spin is great, but lowering it too much can do alot more harm than good for some and I think alot of golfers don't realize that enough.

Also, I think the S300's are easier to load and unload, but they do feel like absolute rubbish to me. BUT, we all know feel is in the eye of the beholder.

Thank Jman. These sure do interest me, but the shaft could be a bad thing over time.

LOL I thought of what a certain person could think of ATM being aftewards (see my edit) and if that is ddec's thing more power to him haha

lol - no thanks. I'll take less power

Colt; you were pondering these vs the 588s yesterday, did you end up OEMing the CMBs? Or have them to Demo?

Demo

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Anyone have any THP authentic vid on these? I am so looking at these. There is a backorder in America junior for these as informed from Golftown. I wonder how they compare to the R11's. Perhaps Tadashi can respond to this? I have been in epic ponder mode with these as you get a lot for the package price. I am surprised this has not been updated lately, its not winter so people are spending money on the links... More feedback please. I have a short window to trade my other order here and these interest the heck outta me.

Anyone have any THP authentic vid on these? I am so looking at these. There is a backorder in America junior for these as informed from Golftown. I wonder how they compare to the R11's. Perhaps Tadashi can respond to this? I have been in epic ponder mode with these as you get a lot for the package price. I am surprised this has not been updated lately, its not winter so people are spending money on the links... More feedback please. I have a short window to trade my other order here and these interest the heck outta me.

Tadashi should be able to provide some very good feedback on this question. I LOL'ed @ America junior.

Smaller topline and sole than R11. Less forgiving and I thought heavier. I would say that the R11 irons were longer, but it was hard to really judge distance at the outing.

thanks folks! I am in really bad ponder mode with these...

i completely agree with Ddec on everything he said with stock CMB vs stock r11. the CMB are def heavier although now that i have the C tapers in my R11 i would say they are prob pretty close to the same weight. i am torn between these and the 588s. i want to upgrade over the winter but i don't think these look as great as every says. i mean they look good just not as good as the 588s IMO but i want to hit them head to head and i havn't found any place that i can besides at the demo day at the outing. hoping my GG gets them both in and i can get some launch and spin numbers

Nope. They won't. I've been reading a lot about these in a lot of other places. I'll still stick by my guns and say that the stock C-Tapers are ill fitted for a vast majority of golfer. I'm sure some saw some success with some scoring irons on a par 3 hole at Grand Cypress, but that's not the same as having them in your bag for 18 holes and having to hit the long/mid irons. Like I said, I had C-Tapers, I know what they are all about. And you better be on your swing to be able to utilize those suckers.

Good days are gooooood. Bad days can make you wonder if you'll ever figure out how to hit a 4 iron.

I can guarantee these will be in the used rack at goldsmith with a month. That ctaper is going to haunt people.

I think I'm onto your strategy. And it's a good one.

it is interesting that these will probably be able to be had for half price by next season. There are so many other great irons in this category. I believe that it will come down to ball flight. From what I have read, the flight is highish (perhaps someone can comment vs. r11) but with little spin. I would love a side by side of the 588, ap2, and CMB. The other irons (correct if wrong) have less offset but I would imagine it is not that noticable.

Man I had a crush on the a12s for a long time and figured that crush would lead me to the CMB. I got my 1st look at them the other day and...wow....where is the rest of the club head?? lol

Look great but look just like a set of blades to me. Not passing the confidence test via my eye, they make the S56s look like a GI iron lol.

it is interesting that these will probably be able to be had for half price by next season. There are so many other great irons in this category. I believe that it will come down to ball flight. From what I have read, the flight is highish (perhaps someone can comment vs. r11) but with little spin. I would love a side by side of the 588, ap2, and CMB. The other irons (correct if wrong) have less offset but I would imagine it is not that noticable.

Mark I was at the golftown down in Shaunessey a week ago and they had a set on the wall. Probably still there for you to try out

Thanks I will be calling Saturday for sure. If they work I will have a vid(s) pronto! I will try to video testing if they are still there!

The lack of availability has soured my interest at the moment. I am sure these are dyna irons. I may have to go blind and take a rather risky shot with these... I want to see ball flight so bad

Are you serious they didn't have any down south. I'm shocked did you call or go in. I find if you call down south they usualy don't help out very much. you just might have to buy blind.

Ya I was there today, nothing. I got them to call Adams and they can have a set to me in 7 days, more if I want soft stepped once. I have hit the ctaper with success and like the feel. I fit perfect into your stiff and s300. My 6 is about 85. It's just launch and flight that I am concerned about. I want something that launches lower then my 90's and a tad lower then th tours. The flight on these is supposedly highish and penetrating. That's not bad. Tadashi if u could comment on flight. With these and your r11 that would be grand

These are fun AND sessy.
IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0671.jpg

Last edited:
With all of the comments about a supply shortage for these it makes me wonder if TMAG is starting to put the squeeze on Adams-branded stuff.

Ken

Back