Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious wedge pondering going on, Im currently bagging a 56 and a 60 no gap wedge so Im stuck with a big gap from pitch to sand wedge. Im thinkinh either 50 55 60 or 52 56 60. Im thinking the 50 is better as my pw is 45. Looking at TM,Cleveland and Titleist.

I hit his at this years demo day/outing and it freaking rocked. I already have the 10.5 Classic but my launch angle went up to what I needed when hitting JB's. Just a perfect combo for my swing.

That's awesome! I turned my 10.5 into an 11 and it rocked off the tee, but I may go to 11.5 next time as an experiment

To buy the 1 shaft I was fit for (but hard to find) or 3 that are similar to it in profile and play with those (all 3 are only a tad bit more than the 1).

To buy the 1 shaft I was fit for (but hard to find) or 3 that are similar to it in profile and play with those (all 3 are only a tad bit more than the 1).

What's wrong with buying the shaft you need, having a club maker put the R9 adapter and then fitting it to the 44.75" you need? Sounds like a lot of work but it makes sense to me haha

What's wrong with buying the shaft you need, having a club maker put the R9 adapter and then fitting it to the 44.75" you need? Sounds like a lot of work but it makes sense to me haha

There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just the type of person that really likes to play with things, so it almost seems more fun to me to play with 3 shafts instead of just 1. Also not a good reason as I reread that, but it's the truth.

Pondering getting a Bridgestone or Callaway 5w or hybrid in support of the Morgan Cup. Me and Cleveland equipment just don't get along, haha.

Pondering getting a Bridgestone or Callaway 5w or hybrid in support of the Morgan Cup. Me and Cleveland equipment just don't get along, haha.
I traded out my RBZ 3h for the Mashie 5W a few weeks back and I am quite happy I did. The J40 fairway woods are quite impressive, and loooong.

Kmac's edit makes sense to me. Shaft without an adapter (i.e. raw) at 43.5" + Adapter + Head = 45.0"

The Adapter and Head together add 1.5" (probably close to 1" for adapter and 0.5" for head).

The tip adds 0.5" to the total length plus another 1 inch for the head. IE to have a TM driver play at 45", you want a shaft that's 43.75.

Also keep in mind that a grip is going to add 1/8th to the length. So if you have a tip and a raw shaft you're looking at having the shaft at 43 7/8th's before you stick the grip and adapter on to get a finished length of 45"

Bahster: Thus a 43" shaft stuck into a R9/R11 head will play at 44.25" and lose 3 swing weight points.

The tip adds 0.5" to the total length plus another 1 inch for the head. IE to have a TM driver play at 45", you want a shaft that's 43.75.

Also keep in mind that a grip is going to add 1/8th to the length. So if you have a tip and a raw shaft you're looking at having the shaft at 43 7/8th's before you stick the grip and adapter on to get a finished length of 45"

Bahster: Thus a 43" shaft stuck into a R9/R11 head will play at 44.25" and lose 3 swing weight points.

You need your own website or something...geez. Helpful as hell, is what you are!

There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just the type of person that really likes to play with things, so it almost seems more fun to me to play with 3 shafts instead of just 1. Also not a good reason as I reread that, but it's the truth.

Hahahahahaha LMFAO. . .Anyways, I totally understand what you mean about having different options for your driver to experiment with (trying not to say something silly about 3 shafts on accident haha)

Lol. They're definitely in different skillsets imo. The J40 needs more consistency from the swing while the Callaway is a bit more forgiving. Stock shaft wise, I believe the J40 px blows it out of the water.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

You need your own website or something...geez. Helpful as hell, is what you are!

No kidding. The Tuna is a wealth of information. Thanks ST for clarifying all that.

The "TBD" in my signature for 3 wood has to go. I have a birthday in a month, so I'm thinking my 3 wood would be the perfect present (since I won't be getting enough money for a Rangefinder most likely).

Let's hear some suggestions gentlemen. 15°, accurate, square face is a must.

The "TBD" in my signature for 3 wood has to go. I have a birthday in a month, so I'm thinking my 3 wood would be the perfect present (since I won't be getting enough money for a Rangefinder most likely).

I was in a similar situation a few months ago. Tried the RBZ, Mashie, and 910F. Mashie came out on top by a long shot. Mine is a 14* and I'm able to use it off the tee very well, and I choke down on it sometimes to hit it more like a 5w. Shines off the deck, tee, or out of the rough. I love mine.

I was in a similar situation a few months ago. Tried the RBZ, Mashie, and 910F. Mashie came out on top by a long shot. Mine is a 14* and I'm able to use it off the tee very well, and I choke down on it sometimes to hit it more like a 5w. Shines off the deck, tee, or out of the rough. I love mine.

I keep hearing the love for the Mashie FW's and hybo's....hmm. Never have owned a Cleveland club other than wedges, but I will give them a solid chance. Thanks man!

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

At least give them a chance is all I'll say. Might surprise you.

I love the 910f, and my Vr is the most accurate club I've ever owned.

Tapin for bird

Those B-Stones may be worth a look.

I keep hearing the love for the Mashie FW's and hybo's....hmm. Never have owned a Cleveland club other than wedges, but I will give them a solid chance. Thanks man!

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

Give the Mashie F3 15* a chance...trust me. Just trust me.

Those B-Stones may be worth a look.

Very good point too. Haven't had the opportunity to hit them but from everything the guys are saying, they are the real deal.

Hawk let me hit his F3 mashie.. I was hitting it long and straight. It's very easy to hit. As you can see I to need a 3W. I just want to hit a few more before I commit.

Well the Mashie, 910, and RBZ were on my list already. Even though I might not love the look of a club (Mashie), I will always give it the chance to prove its worth. I play what works, not what looks best in the bag. Hell if The Hammer driver got the job done, I'd game it and make the grunt noise/scream every time I teed off with it.

I will also add the VR and Bstone to my list. Bstone is an OEM I've never OEM'ed in the past, but I believe in their product and know they have been really bringing it as of late.

I usually pick 3 finalists based on look, reviews, and in hand feel. Then I add one sleeper and let the winner present itself to me through demoing. The Mashie will be my sleeper...I just need to narrow my other 3 options down. I'm the worst when it comes to picking new clubs...they really need to impress the hell out of me.

Whoa...just looked at some pics of the Bstone, damn! Reminds me of my favorite 3 wood of all time: Titleist 970

413ce89b-9f65-ede6.jpg

Sad ponder here.

Pondering why my XTD didn't come today. Hopefully tomorrow.

Whoa...just looked at some pics of the Bstone, damn! Reminds me of my favorite 3 wood of all time: Titleist 970

413ce89b-9f65-ede6.jpg

That looks sweet! I've never even seen Bstone equipment around here. From the reviews on here it sounds like top notch clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back