You'd def need a mat with this. Otherwise, unless you have fairway cut grass in your yard, you'd be hitting out of the rough every time. ...come to think of it...some of you may actually have fairway cut grass in your yards.

Louis at RopeIt sent me a RopeIt for some testing and I liked it a lot. While the golf ball had a firmer feeling than anything I am used to, it is almost necessary to ensure that the ball stays in good shape. I bought a SKLZ mat to hit from so I didn't destroy my yard, and I use this as a way to warm up before a round. Awesome little device, and I look forward to seeing what you get out of it.

I am lucky enough to have a large back yard where i can hit full shots. I even have a sand trap and a water hazard.

My wife does get angry when I hit balls over the kids sand box or when they are in the pool though....

I almost wrecked the old lady next door's window last year.

Such an eloquent way to put it Hawkster. Guess she didn't go for a second date?

I can see how this could be a good warm up tool, pre round. Or even just to maybe ingrain a swing position or something.

Enjoyed the video Jake.
Although it came to a sudden end.
I'm curious to see the long term results and will keep a look out for a police report of a stray ball taking out the neighbors dog.

I am glad I do not live close to you!! In the right setting that could be a good training aid but it just seems there is so much that could go wrong

I would also be afraid I would mishit the ball and hit my club with the big screw.

Edit: double post

That looks like a beating. I remember back to the soccer ball I had as a kid that was tied to a rope and you planted the stake into the ground and it would pop back to you. The rope was a beating, kicking the ball where the rope was tied to the ball was a beating and then getting it all wrapped around me was a beating. But I was a kid and didn't know any better. I guess it was cool back then.

Interested to see your thoughts on the outcome P4B!

Interesting device there Jake....have fun with this one!

For some reason I forsee a "Wish I wouldn't have done that" moment with this thing.

Hey everyone! Louis here from Rope It Golf.
As I browse this thread I notice some people have some concerns and questions about the product so I thought I would try to address the issues.

First off, I noticed the setup was incorrect in the video. The proper setup can be seen here.

@TripleBogieTim As long as you setup the ball with the eye screw facing in the direction of the shot you will not strike it upon impact. The special combination of bungee and nylon rope prevent the ball from coming back and hitting you.

@c_ault The connection is solid and secure so you do not have to worry about the ball flying off. The ball is a solid two piece Dixon golf ball with a highly resilient cover.

@dhjkelly Typically the ball lasts between 1000-2000 shots depending on the strength of the golfer. The Ropes used are military 550 parachute cord and Nylon Bungee rope. They are high quality and very durable so they will last for a longgg time.

We do recommend using the Rope It with a mat to save your lawn from getting dugg up and so you don't have to hit out of thick grass. You can find more information, videos and pictures at www.theropeit.com

Use coupon code DIXONFREE and receive a free dozen Dixon Wind golf balls with your purchase of the Rope It.

First off, I noticed the setup was incorrect in the video. The proper setup can be seen here.

Let me be the first to give Jake grief for skimming the instructions! hahaha

This setup makes a lot more sense. I'm including the photo from your link, Louis.

howitworks1.png

Thanks for clarifying that! I am going to go take the bars down from my windows now

That sure makes sense. I don't have that kind of clearance in my yard though. Guess I'll have to go to the park.

And Smallie, I didn't skim the instructions. The sheet that came with the product had these illustrations on it. Looks to be about how I had it setup to me.

Last edited:
Teather ball for golf. A saw something similar years ago but the ball was more of a rubbery golf ball on a bungecord. It was a good tool for close spaces

Hey everyone! Louis here from Rope It Golf.
As I browse this thread I notice some people have some concerns and questions about the product so I thought I would try to address the issues.

@TripleBogieTim As long as you setup the ball with the eye screw facing in the direction of the shot you will not strike it upon impact. The special combination of bungee and nylon rope prevent the ball from coming back and hitting you.

@c_ault The connection is solid and secure so you do not have to worry about the ball flying off. The ball is a solid two piece Dixon golf ball with a highly resilient cover.

@dhjkelly Typically the ball lasts between 1000-2000 shots depending on the strength of the golfer. The Ropes used are military 550 parachute cord and Nylon Bungee rope. They are high quality and very durable so they will last for a longgg time.

We do recommend using the Rope It with a mat to save your lawn from getting dugg up and so you don't have to hit out of thick grass. You can find more information, videos and pictures at www.theropeit.com

Use coupon code DIXONFREE and receive a free dozen Dixon Wind golf balls with your purchase of the Rope It.

I'm with ya Louis. I've got near 1000 shots on mine easily and it's till in tact. No balls flying off, no hitting the eye screw, no anything bad. Nothing but good feedback with this thing. I'm a 6 handicap, and my two roommates are a scratch golfer and about a 15 handicap, and we all enjoyed going out behind our apartment complex and hitting with this. I mean, the product does exactly what it says it will do.

Back