What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Hawk! Love you stepping out of the old zone too. Great job dude.

Good luck next week though! Sometimes the scores dont come but that just means its coming soon.

That's a great comeback!

Dude that is a great score. 6700 yards is looooong!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nice shooting hawk! Sounds like your game is rounding into shape.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I'm really feeling it right now for some reason. I really think I could see some pretty good scores if I could harness the driver swing a little more. It's close, but still gets me in trouble too much.

I was horrible today, especially putting--missing a lot of little putts, pulling pushing, it was awful. I had several good looks at birdie but only made the two that were inside two feet. 85 (42, 43)

Hawk and Yoccos....you guys are awesome! Great shooting guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I have a couple days of what did you shoot to report.

Over the weekend I took my daughter back home. I was supposed to play with BigLee in KY but he wound up having to work. So, I texted Mike Dean and see if I stopped in Cinci on my way home if he could play 36 holes somewhere. Well after a little picking on me about him being my back up plan...LOL he agreed. We played a course that I had never played called Walden Ponds. It was a pretty nice course with some pretty tough holes. I did absolutely terrible on the front. Shot luckily 50. Mike was getting on me because before we starte I told him I was gonna win by 3 a side. He shot 43. He says about how I have a lot of work to do. I laugh and say about shooting 36 on the back. Obviously I didn't think I would do it, we were joking around. Tee off on ten to start the back nine. I proceed to par 10, birdie 11, birdie 12... Shoot a 38 on the back for an 88! It was awesome. I felt like Canadan playing. LOL Then we went and played Beckett Ridge, which I had played once last year with the OH boys. I wound up shooting 44/43. I don't think I missed more than 6 fwys all day! The ones I did miss were just off. One was right on the first cut 3 dimples past the half way mark of the ball... LOL so it was off 4 dimples over and it would have been more than half way in the fwy... LOL My confidence with my driver is at an all time high!

Today after work Danny.P and I went to play Valleywood. We play there maybe 1 time a month. It's par 72. The front is a 37 par and the back 35 par. It has 3 par 5's on the front and none on the back. I proceeded to shoot 41/36 for a 77! Lowest round ever!!! Man these irons have given me 3 strokes already... LOL

Personal best of 80. If I hadn't of taken 3 to cover the last 40 feet of 18, it would have been a major milestone... :)

43 - 37 = 80

Not happy with the score on the front but I'll give myself a break. When loading the bag onto the push cart, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. Man, I froze. I've had my share of incidents with my back going out and was afraid it was happening again.

For the entire front, although I was swinging pain-free, I was apprehensive to say the least. On the back 9 I just said to myself, "screw it. Just swing and if it goes it goes."

Back held up and my game came back. So, good day. :smile:

That's a great comeback!

Thank You. Aside from the physical aspect of the game I am also always trying to work on the mental aspects as well, so this is a round I take some pleasure in. It was nice because I had to give the guy I was playing against a stroke and he was 1 over through 4 while I was 5 over and we both shot 42's (so he beat me by the stroke I had to give him).

I know a younger version of myself would have gotten flustered after the third hole (or more likely after accidentally hitting my chip on 2 and costing myself a stroke. such a boner move, younger me would still be upset with myself 5 hours later, current me is comfortable enough in my own ability to shrug it off because sometimes stuff happens) and probably would have shot a 50 (especially with the horrible tee shot on 5, it's consistantly the easiest hole on the course for me, so to hit a bad tee shot there and still scramble to make the downhill par putt was big); So to play the last 6 holes at 2 over was something I will take as a positive.
Physical golf skill wise I feel like i'm a better player than what I've been shooting in league this year and obviously i'm not satisfied with myself because of it, but I feel like my mental game has been as good as it ever has. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Thank You. Aside from the physical aspect of the game I am also always trying to work on the mental aspects as well, so this is a round I take some pleasure in. It was nice because I had to give the guy I was playing against a stroke and he was 1 over through 4 while I was 5 over and we both shot 42's (so he beat me by the stroke I had to give him).

I know a younger version of myself would have gotten flustered after the third hole (or more likely after accidentally hitting my chip on 2 and costing myself a stroke. such a boner move, younger me would still be upset with myself 5 hours later, current me is comfortable enough in my own ability to shrug it off because sometimes stuff happens) and probably would have shot a 50 (especially with the horrible tee shot on 5, it's consistantly the easiest hole on the course for me, so to hit a bad tee shot there and still scramble to make the downhill par putt was big); So to play the last 6 holes at 2 over was something I will take as a positive.
Physical golf skill wise I feel like i'm a better player than what I've been shooting in league this year and obviously i'm not satisfied with myself because of it, but I feel like my mental game has been as good as it ever has. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Thats awesome though. Being in that spot where you know better rounds are ahead. That's a great feeling, even if a bit frustrating trying to get there.

43 - 37 = 80

Not happy with the score on the front but I'll give myself a break. When loading the bag onto the push cart, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. Man, I froze. I've had my share of incidents with my back going out and was afraid it was happening again.

For the entire front, although I was swinging pain-free, I was apprehensive to say the least. On the back 9 I just said to myself, "screw it. Just swing and if it goes it goes."

Back held up and my game came back. So, good day. :smile:

Nice round! Love the pain free part. Nice when it works out like that!

Personal best of 80. If I hadn't of taken 3 to cover the last 40 feet of 18, it would have been a major milestone... :)

Congrats!!!! Thats sick!

Over the weekend I took my daughter back home. I was supposed to play with BigLee in KY but he wound up having to work. So, I texted Mike Dean and see if I stopped in Cinci on my way home if he could play 36 holes somewhere. Well after a little picking on me about him being my back up plan...LOL he agreed. We played a course that I had never played called Walden Ponds. It was a pretty nice course with some pretty tough holes. I did absolutely terrible on the front. Shot luckily 50. Mike was getting on me because before we starte I told him I was gonna win by 3 a side. He shot 43. He says about how I have a lot of work to do. I laugh and say about shooting 36 on the back. Obviously I didn't think I would do it, we were joking around. Tee off on ten to start the back nine. I proceed to par 10, birdie 11, birdie 12... Shoot a 38 on the back for an 88! It was awesome. I felt like Canadan playing. LOL Then we went and played Beckett Ridge, which I had played once last year with the OH boys. I wound up shooting 44/43. I don't think I missed more than 6 fwys all day! The ones I did miss were just off. One was right on the first cut 3 dimples past the half way mark of the ball... LOL so it was off 4 dimples over and it would have been more than half way in the fwy... LOL My confidence with my driver is at an all time high!

Today after work Danny.P and I went to play Valleywood. We play there maybe 1 time a month. It's par 72. The front is a 37 par and the back 35 par. It has 3 par 5's on the front and none on the back. I proceeded to shoot 41/36 for a 77! Lowest round ever!!! Man these irons have given me 3 strokes already... LOL

MikeDean freaking rules. SOme good comebacks and rounds in there BF!

Shot 77 yesterday that included a triple bogey, 4 bogey, and back to back birdies. The second birdie came on a 160 yard par 3 and just about holed it. Ended up about 20 feet past the pin. Would have been my first hole in one. Always so close and can never get one to drop. One day...

Seriously. Tappin'.

Shot 77 yesterday that included a triple bogey, 4 bogey, and back to back birdies. The second birdie came on a 160 yard par 3 and just about holed it. Ended up about 20 feet past the pin. Would have been my first hole in one. Always so close and can never get one to drop. One day...

Seriously. Tappin'.

Im sure that day will come sooner than you think! Nice round !

Just 9 holes. 39, bogeyed both par fives and a 140 yard par three...

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Thats awesome though. Being in that spot where you know better rounds are ahead. That's a great feeling, even if a bit frustrating trying to get there.

Indeed. It's always fun feeling like the work you're putting in is starting to pay off, even if just a little at a time (there are a number of shots I hit, such as the routine pars on 4 and 8 that I can tell were purely just a product of physical practice. I've been working on the shots and the putts, I've been hitting the shots and I went out and did it with little to no stress).

For me the biggest hurdle in my physical game is my long game. I'm short, crooked and inconsistant (that's what she said) with my driver, 3 wood, 3 and 4 irons, which often puts me in difficult spots. scrambling to save pars, not being in positions to hit greens in regulations and that will obviously have a negative influence on one's score.

My biggest mental hurdle that i'm facing and really working on is finishing a good round. There have been numerous times where i'll get through 5 holes at even par or 6 holes at one over (playing from the whites and playing from the blues) and I'll finish at 3, 4, 5 and sometimes god forbid 6 over. It's especially an issue when I play by myself because there's nothing to distract me from it. It's not as though I consicously think "don't screw this up" because I know that negative thoughts will lead to negative swings so I consciously try to think positive, but there's always that feeling in the pit of my stomach even though I try to accept it and fight through it. The biggest thing for me though is that when I get a good round going I get ahead of myself and think "hey i've got an opportunity to shoot my best score" and I start thinking about what I'm going to say to my friends, people in the clubhouse, thpers. I know I can't think those things, I know I can't get ahead of myself and I know that as i'm thinking those things but I'm still in the process of being able to properly process those things as they happen and get through them so they don't derail me.

I'm at a point now with my swing (thanks to countless hours of practice, study and the one and only ben hogan's book [also ordered harvey penick's little red book, should be here this week]) where I know I can play, I've had results that prove to myself that I can play. I've made some "player pars" even from the tips and done so often enough where they're not flukey; and I consistantly make good, solid, consistant swings with my irons, i'm solid but somewhat inconsistant (if I haven't been practicing my short game as much as I should) around the greens and I've turned my sand game from a weakness to a relative strength. I feel i'm a decent putter, but the greens on my course are really flat and slow so I have issues when I take my game on the road where I over compensate the amount of break and speed in those courses greens.

It's just a matter of putting it together and keeping it together. I understand how to process and settle my nerves to where I don't feel like i'm going to make a bad swing or hit a bad putt because of nerves, i'm constantly trying to learn and gather more information on how to handle the mental aspects of good/bad rounds (as well as always gathering and learning tips on the physical skills). It's just a matter of doing it and doing it consistantly. I want to get to a point where missing 4 greens and shooting 2 over at my home course is a bad round. The ability is showing itsself in increments, it's just not quite there yet.

(i know that was long and basically self serving, but I figured if I wrote my thoughts out it might help me process them better during my next round)

A frusttrating 50 at my local today. We played the back 9 at Ballina, par 35 very windy and fairly soggy under the feet.
It was my 2nd time out with new clubs and 1 day after a lesson at which my coach changed my setup drastically. I guess I'm kinda pleased though, cuz 50 is about average for me at the moment. I hit par on the first 2 holes , both were solid long single putts so that made me really happy.
The oracle foresees much range time for me in the future.
and i actually nailed a proper flop shot today over a bunker that stopped dead 6 inches form the hole.

Shot an 82 on Sunday. I have been consistantly shooting an 82-81 and cant quite crack that 80 yet

First off, I agree with Yoccos, I do freaking rule

2ndly, this guy was MONEY with his driver all day long...just would not miss a freaking fairway, it was painful to watch as my driver/3wood combo was ALL over the place.

After destroying him by 2 stokes the first round lol, we were tied on the last hole and he hit a nice breaking 10 footer to beat me. All in all he hit the ball very well (except that 3W from the deck when he kept swinging out of his shoes, hopefully we fixed that).

Watch out MCer's, if he's pounding fairways all day long like this again, he's gonna be tough to beat

First off, I agree with Yoccos, I do freaking rule

2ndly, this guy was MONEY with his driver all day long...just would not miss a freaking fairway, it was painful to watch as my driver/3wood combo was ALL over the place.

After destroying him by 2 stokes the first round lol, we were tied on the last hole and he hit a nice breaking 10 footer to beat me. All in all he hit the ball very well (except that 3W from the deck when he kept swinging out of his shoes, hopefully we fixed that).

Watch out MCer's, if he's pounding fairways all day long like this again, he's gonna be tough to beat

Noted dude haha. You have redeemed Ohio my friend!

44 on the home course. Wasn't really feeling it so I left after nine holes.

Shot a 39/38=77 this morning, I hope I am not peaking too soon as I am heading to Myrtle Beach for a tournament next week myself. I am playing at The Legends on Wed, Thur & Fri. Also am playing extra rounds Monday & Tuesday, lots of golf coming up in the next few days.

Nice Dawg............are you playing with the RBZ irons or did I just make that up? I thought I remembered OG saying something like that?

Nice Dawg............are you playing with the RBZ irons or did I just make that up? I thought I remembered OG saying something like that?

Thanks Nate, OG and I have talked about it, I am in a serious ponder on those irons but I am playing so well right now with the Adams I am very hesitant to change. I always enjoy hitting OG's and always seem to hit them slightly longer and just as straight. We will see.

Shot a 39/38=77 this morning, I hope I am not peaking too soon as I am heading to Myrtle Beach for a tournament next week myself. I am playing at The Legends on Wed, Thur & Fri. Also am playing extra rounds Monday & Tuesday, lots of golf coming up in the next few days.

Have fun!

Let us know about the course conditions at Legends, if you will. I'm heading down for the last two weeks in August... can't wait.

Great shooting buddy! You will be all primed up to kick some arse in Myrtle Beach next week :deadhorse:.

I shot 41 + 41 today for an 82. If I could just shoot 82 for average on every golf course I tee it up on, I would be a happy man :blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back