Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

ANybody have any pics comparing the Mashie to the tour version. I have a feeling I would hook the crap outa the reg. version.

That's an issue that I just saw, It has too much offset for me, I've been using tour preferred stuff now and it's complemented me very well

Yea I feel like my current hybo has very little offset and small profile and I still hit a big draw with it.
images

Yeah I was talking to the Morgan cup guys last night and they said it was pretty well documented and that the tour version would fix it, I ended up getting a good deal on the R11 Rescue TP anyways so I reluctantly went with that since my Mashie was my favorite, but I'd rather have a baby fade than a hook

Yea I am quite interested in the Tour version.

Yea I feel like my current hybo has very little offset and small profile and I still hit a big draw with it.
images

I hook the mashies too. Gotta play the ball way forward and hit down at it. Look for a Tour or Players hybrid and try that? Pro a12, Pro Black, (cough) Vr Pro, R11 TP, Mashie tour?

I hook the mashies too. Gotta play the ball way forward and hit down at it. Look for a Tour or Players hybrid and try that? Pro a12, Pro Black, (cough) Vr Pro, R11 TP, Mashie tour?

Or the new mashie.

--
Tapatalk2

I have just done a bit of a skim, so I may have missed it.....

How would you fit the Mashie into your bag, if you have the gap between a 15 degree 3W, and a 4iron?

I was thinking perhaps an M2, but what would the current Mashie owners suggest?

I have just done a bit of a skim, so I may have missed it.....

How would you fit the Mashie into your bag, if you have the gap between a 15 degree 3W, and a 4iron?

I was thinking perhaps an M2, but what would the current Mashie owners suggest?

I know ALOT of guys are loving the 20.5* 7-Wood, I went with a 19* hybrid though for my gap.

M2 or the new 7 wood should work. Honestly, I'd think a M3 would work fine too.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the old Mashie hybrid and 2012 model? I loved the old mashie but it was a hook machine. I am trying to find 2 hybrids to bag (19* and 23*) and maybe ditch the 4 iron. I checked Cleveland's website to try and get a look at the offset but no luck. Also -- did they stop making the tour verizion? THanks!

Can anyone tell me the difference between the old Mashie hybrid and 2012 model? I loved the old mashie but it was a hook machine. I am trying to find 2 hybrids to bag (19* and 23*) and maybe ditch the 4 iron. I checked Cleveland's website to try and get a look at the offset but no luck. Also -- did they stop making the tour verizion? THanks!

+1 on this info for a little different reason, the older models are super cheap and wondering if it's worth the extra cash for the 2012 models, I'm looking at replacing 3 and 4 hybrids.

As I understand it the glide rails are improved on the 2012 model. There have been different schools of thought and comments made between the two. Some have said they love the 2011 model and if so there is no reason to switch to the 2012. Some have said the 2011 was difficult for them to hit and when they tried the newer model they found it to be much easier. I would say hit both and see if the 2011 works for you then save a few $$ and get that one. If not then the 2012 model is for you.

I agree with Rhino. It's really hard to say which is better across the board for another person.

I do think the sole design has been improved quite a bit. The center keel just works in my opinion.

I like to thing there is a little less offset and a little less draw bias, but that's completely based off perception. I've not seen any measurement or technical info that back me up.

The past couple of months I have bought the 2011 M2 and M3, both in great condition, for right at $50 a club. If the 2012s are better they must be a super club cause I love the 2011s.

Is there no Mahie+ tour?

Yea thats not going to do me any good as there is no fairway wood >20*

Yea thats not going to do me any good as there is no fairway wood >20*

The new Mashie+ hybrids has less offset than the previous model and very similar to the old Mashie Tour hybrid. So you should check it out. And if i may, why does it have to be a "tour" version?

I will check out the new ones. I like a tour head because of the less offset and smaller size. Suits my eye better.

No, I don't think they made a Tour version this year.

Almost pulled the trigger on a 18* and 23* Tour mashies. They had x flex shafts unforunately which did not agree with me. Ugh. Sad, wish I was swinging better so I really coulda told if they were for me.

Saw this thread got bumped and had to comment. This was the thread that drew me to THP although it took me a while to finally join. My bag has undergone a major overhaul this year. The only club left standing from last year is my Mashie M4. I love everything about this club and feel so confident hitting it from the fairway, rough, or tee. I really liked my M3 also but I hit the M4 so well that there wasn't enough of a distance gap to keep both. I haven't tried this year's Mashie's but Cleveland has done such a good job with this line of clubs that I'm sure they're great performers.

I'm contemplating adding a hybrid to my bag, and have read a good portion of this thread, which has me thinking of the mashie. But I went into Dick's today, and they had them for $99.99, but with a different shaft than the Miyazaki... the chap who was working there was more useless than a one legged man at an arse kicking contest, so I'm hoping someone on here can shed some light? I'd be grateful, thanks

Were they part of the Mashie iron set? Those have a different shaft. Unless it was a DST or something.

Back