Weekend of April 18-19

Yesterday I managed to get some yard work done. It was 70* and sunny here yesterday and it was simply too nice of a day to spend inside.
Id been meaning to remove some old posts (I think they were bird house posts) that Im sick of mowing around. I managed to dig 1 of them out of the ground, but the other was really deep, so I decided just to cut it down.
I didnt have any gas for the chainsaw and I didnt really feel like driving to town to get some, so I just got out the ole double-bladed axe and cut it down the old-fasioned way.
I must admit, it was a nice way to release some of the frustration that I had built up lately. LOL
I watched the NASCAR race last night and
Spoiler
it was cool to see Mark Martin get the win, I was always a fan of his and even though he drives a Chevy now I still have a lot of respect for the guy.

Not sure whats on the plan for today. Prolly gonna clean and watch the Heritage.

I don't know Smalls.It would mean you problely will have the course to yourself. I haven't heard any thunder.I'm jones'n so bad I might check out Painted on go up to Lawson to visit a buddy and play Merimac,an executive course.Hopefully it will clear up like yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:
Grrr... Hubby played in the opening weekend scrambles. Open only to members, and he's the member.

Me, I got to schlepp kids to sporting events, run errands, and do massive amounts of laundry. The closest I got to playing golf was changing spikes and moving my clubs back to my soon-to-be-former bag.

Well..I went to a little par 3 course today and did pretty good. Chipping/Iron play was dead on, lag putting was bad but the greens were really slow, you had to hammer the ball to get it to the hole.

Despite the rain, I managed to play 9 holes at a local par 3 course today. It was only sprinkling and I was jonesing to play some golf (hadnt played in a week), so I decided to brave the rain and Im glad I did.
I played fairly well. My irons sucked, but my short game was good and I was on fire with the putter.
I think I definetly need to invest in some rain gear though...

Nothing yesterday, went to the putting green today and screwed around with my 68* wedge, lol.

Hoping to go to the range tomorrow to test out the new driver that is arriving tomorrow. Supposed to rain though. :(

Nothing yesterday, went to the putting green today and screwed around with my 68* wedge, lol.

Hoping to go to the range tomorrow to test out the new driver that is arriving tomorrow. Supposed to rain though. :(

A 68* wedge? Is that a joke?

A 68* wedge? Is that a joke?

No...I bought it about 10 months ago for $20...for yes, a joke. So I guess it is.

Funny as hell watching the other guys' expressions when I'm sitting there throwing darts at pins. Straight up, and straight down. So fun, lol. Don't use it on the course though.

I played another 18 yesterday, and I'm dog tired for it today. Struggling to keep my eyes open, I have a feeling it's going to be a very long day at the office. The important thing though, is that I had fun. :D

Although I don't own one, I hit some odd wedge at a demo day that came in 3 varieties - 64*, 70*, and 76* I believe it was. Wish I could remember the name of the club, was a specialty-type thing with a big flange on the back.

Back