1 double
6 fir
6 gir
8 one putts
longest drive 230

talk about grinding out pars on a ridiculous busy(slow) day
driver was kinda struggling today
woods and hybrids were meh
irons and wedges were filthy accurate... 8 one putts tells the whole story since i suck at putting
if i wasnt chunking it out of the rough all day long i think i coulda hit every green

+9 for 9 today. I thought I played better than that score. Got wet on 2 holes which killed me.

Shot my 2nd best score on 9 today +4 40 hit all but 3 fairways and 3 greens hit my irons the best I've ever done.

So we have had over 15 inches of rain this week and all the courses around here are closed...I started calling courses trying to find someplace to play and I finally find a little 9 hole course about an hour and 20 minutes away...problem was it was already close to 4pm.

I said what the hell and I loaded the clubs and drove to this little 9 hole out in the middle of nowhere golf course.

I played okay...I had never seen this place before, it wasn't even on my Golfshot GPS...so I had to play the old fashioned way and walk off yardage.

By the time I got there I only had time for 9 holes, but that's okay I just wanted to play a little golf.

The greens were the size of the back of my truck and rounded as hell!

I only missed 2 fairways, putted like crap and shot 7 over 43.

88. 45-43. Left about 5 putts out there. Why...................

My last day in Abilene at Dyess AFB so I decided to give Mesquite Grove another round.
Went from the whites which makes the course play pretty easy provided you can stay out of the trees.
Went out with a 47 so I figured it was going to be another ho-hum round. (silly me checked my score at the turn) Managed to come in with a 42! Thanks to a 5 pack of much needed pars, it' turned into a "the skin of the teeth" broken 90 with an 89. , My first 80something of 2012.

The new R11 irons are giving me a little more confidence and my putting is getting a little more solid. I REALLY need to work on the tee box. I still can't seem to get comfortable. It just 'feels' wrong. Between alignment, grip, and ball placement.

Played 9 with my in laws. I was hitting the ball better than ever but scored poorly for a 41. 2 doubles, water going for par 5 in 2 and a 4 putt :(. 4/4 on fairways with driver including a slight wind aided 335yd drive. Really want to get right back out there. Love me some RBZ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
87 on california's longest course, Los Serranos Country Club South. We played from the tips which was 7628 yards. Back 9 killed my score though with 3 double bogeys. Last hole, 677 yard par 5 into the wind, I hit into the trees, hit a tree, hit OB, took a drop, thinned a 3 wood on my 220 approach shot that skimmed accross the water and onto the green 30 feet pin high, and 2 putted for a double.

Shot 95 on Thursday.

Notwithstanding the score, it was an interesting round and much different from any I've played in a long time. I decided to play a disciplined round, hitting driver on only two holes - 1 and 18, both par 5's. Since I've been snap hooking my 3 wood this year, that left me hitting 3 and 4 iron from the other tees.

My short game was a little shaky and I kept just missing some greens requiring tricky, demanding chips from the rough. I also had 4 three putts. So it could have been a much better score.

The course I played is 6,800 from the tees I play, so there's a definite tradeoff when you keep the driver in the bag. But the course is kind of dry and I carry my 3 iron around 200 to 205 with another 10 to 15 yards of roll. So on a 380 yard par 4, if I hit the 3 iron 210, I'll have 170 to the middle. Therefore, I'm hitting either a 7 iron (my 160 club) if the pin is in the front or middle or a 6 iron if the pin is in the back. Not a bad tradeoff I don't think. I think I hit 9 out of 12 fairways with my 3 and 4 irons.

On the two par 5s on which I hit driver: on number 1 I skied the shot and only got about 170 yards. On 18, the only trouble is OB left. I got up and promptly duck hooked my drive deep into the crap. Easy conclusion, right? I don't hit driver anymore. Except I teed up my next ball, concentrated on not making a jackassed swing, and hit it dead straight 267 (I measured it with the Bushnell). So the conclusion is.... I don't know. I think I need to fix whatever the hell I'm doing wrong with a 3 wood. It has to be mental, because there are days when I've hit driver after driver straight as an arrow and then I'll take out the 3 wood and still hook it. But I am seriously thinking about playing a bag in which the driver will have no place.

77 this morning with 28 putts/ 6 GIR/ 7 FIR. I would have had more putts, but holed a chip from about 15 yards out and also dropped a 60 yard approach.

41-37 for an 8-over 78. 2nd best round ever for me.

Played a nine hole course (from two different tees) that was right on Otsego lake today. Par 71, I shot a +4 75, after being +3 on the second nine including a 25' birdie on the last hole infront of a porch full of people eating lunch from the clubhouse. I love it. Not that hard of a course, but I was still quite pleased with 75.

BDG

Played in the rain today and shot a 91. Doesn't sound like much, but since returning to golf this year, it is my best round so far.m

More importantly, I drove the ball pretty consistently and putted much better. Putting has been the biggest disappointment so far, but I don't think I had more than one 3-putt today. I only sank one 10+ footer, so there is still plenty of room for improvement, but much better than past rounds. I've been completely unable to read greens, but today things just clicked and I read much better.

So far I've shot trimmed 4-5 strokes each round. Lots to work on, but today was the first time I felt good about my progress.

100 :crying:

Actually it wasn't too bad of a 100, just have to take the good things and forget the bad.

Today was the first time that I have been disappointed when breaking 80. The numbers will tell the story pretty well.

Front:

Score: 35
5/6 FW
6/9 GIR
14 putts
1 birdie
8 pars

Back:

Score: 44
3/7 FW
2/9 GIR
16 putts

Today was the first time I have ever played 9 holes under par. Simply stated, after 9 I could not stop thinking about my "potential" for the day. Would love to say that I would have been able to, but simply could not do it.

I parred both 10 & 11, then a tad fat 5 iron on 12 (par 3), cleared a creek, caught the slope, and rolled back down into the water. Took a double there.

Was still really loose and laughing, making jokes, etc with my playing partners. Mixed a few bogies and pars over the next few holes then my tee game disappeared on the last 2 holes (BAD pulls left) and I doubled both of those.

Struck the ball well all day except for the last few holes, short game was really good all day. Hope I learned something going through this....time will tell.

Funny hole from today: par 3 playing at only 120 yards but into the wind. Hit a nice big fat 9 iron and was left with 47 yards to the flag. 54* wedge to 6 feet and save par.

WOW, great front 9 Cookie! I know how hard it can be to get out of your own head when you start out a round like that

Cookie, that looks like my rounds dude. When I hit fairways then I hit greens and can put up a pretty solid number, then I'll stop hitting fairways and it becomes a grind.

Solid score though for carding two doubles at the end man, nicely done...and always nice to at least know for a fact it should have/could have been better.

I played in a stabeford competition today and had 35 points which was a surprise given how poorly I hit it. I hit 2/14 fairways and only 8 GIR. My srambling was pretty good and managed to hole out pretty well with only 29 putts.

Today was the first time that I have been disappointed when breaking 80. The numbers will tell the story pretty well.

Front:

Score: 35
5/6 FW
6/9 GIR
14 putts
1 birdie
8 pars

Back:

Score: 44
3/7 FW
2/9 GIR
16 putts

Today was the first time I have ever played 9 holes under par. Simply stated, after 9 I could not stop thinking about my "potential" for the day. Would love to say that I would have been able to, but simply could not do it.

I parred both 10 & 11, then a tad fat 5 iron on 12 (par 3), cleared a creek, caught the slope, and rolled back down into the water. Took a double there.

Was still really loose and laughing, making jokes, etc with my playing partners. Mixed a few bogies and pars over the next few holes then my tee game disappeared on the last 2 holes (BAD pulls left) and I doubled both of those.

Struck the ball well all day except for the last few holes, short game was really good all day. Hope I learned something going through this....time will tell.

Funny hole from today: par 3 playing at only 120 yards but into the wind. Hit a nice big fat 9 iron and was left with 47 yards to the flag. 54* wedge to 6 feet and save par.

Nice front 9 Cookie!! I have done that a few times...go out in 38 or 39 and start think about how low I could go and then come home in 47 or 48. Really hard to stay in the moment and just play golf. That's why sometimes I wish we didn't have to know what the score was at the turn...so we could just keep playing.

Steele messes with me all the time cause he knows I hate it...he will add everything up and starting about 16 he will say, if you par out you shot _____? I hate that! He just laughs.

Thanks guys, appreciate it! My personal best is 78 I believe and I had that easily in my sights. At one point, I thought about how I would keep and possibly frame the card cause I just knew I would end up shooting a 74 or 75 at worst.

Oh well, live, play, and learn! Ball striking is really good and gross score means nothing for the big show in a few weeks so I feel pretty good at the moment - can't complain.

Personal best today.. +4 for a 76. Shot 79 yesterday.

Sent from my DROID X2

Awesome front 9 Cookie. Way to go.

I fired a 41 (+6) today. I'm not unhappy with it. 1 bird, 4 pars, 2 bogeys, a double, and a triple. The triple was because of a ball OB. Darn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back