TrucknGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
Alright guys. How many of you guys accutally shape you shots on the course on purpose. Like you want a couple extra yards off the tee so you put a nice draw on it. Or pay a fade into a hole for a little more spin? I sure do and I love it. One of the best parts of the game. I have really been working hard on this for a while now. Just wondering. I have not mastered the fade with my wedges yet but I dont think it will take to long. On average I Shape a shot once every hole or two.

I can shape a shot that looks eerily like a banana.

i shape my shots off the tee mostly, draw straight or fade. but otherwise its straight or draw, havent messed much with the fade

Hey AK, haven't seen you here much lately.

i shape my shots off the tee mostly, draw straight or fade. but otherwise its straight or draw, havent messed much with the fade

I love the draw off the tee. Irons I will have to stick with a fade.

Alright guys. How many of you guys accutally shape you shots on the course on purpose. Like you want a couple extra yards off the tee so you put a nice draw on it. Or pay a fade into a hole for a little more spin? I sure do and I love it. One of the best parts of the game. I have really been working hard on this for a while now. Just wondering. I have not mastered the fade with my wedges yet but I dont think it will take to long. On average I Shape a shot once every hole or two.

can't shape any kind of shots with a disability truck n golf just trying to break 100 consistently would be nice for me.

I always just hit my natural shot that day. Some days its a draw, other says its a fade. Occasionally it's a straight ball. VERY rare that I shape it or atleast TRY to shape it.

I love the draw off the tee. Irons I will have to stick with a fade.

I shape shots to a certain extent. I dont do a draw or fade, but I do play the ball either foreward or back in my stance to alter the trajectory.

^^ that is a good start.
Yeah, I found that playing the ball foreward or back in my stance helps by letting me keep the ball low and under the wind (by playing it back in my stance) and hitting an approach shot with a wedge with the ball a little foreward in my stance lets me put less spin on the ball for when I want it to release more.

I love shaping shots, one of my favorite parts of the game. I shape it off the tee, from the fairway, from anywhere if I need to.

^^ Now that is what I am talking about. Shaping shots is the best and will inprove your game like crazy,

^^ Now that is what I am talking about. Shaping shots is the best and will inprove your game like crazy,

I think if you shape shots effectively then it will change your game. But some people either can't or are fine with hitting it one way. To each their own, there isn't one way to play golf.

when you have a disability you got to work with what youv'e got I just try to hit nice straight shots consistently that is where my improvement will be.

My natural ballflight is a draw, so I typically play it straight or play a draw. It get very windy along the ocean out here so I do control trajectory a lot. I love to try fades but it goes against my natural swing because I typically turn my wrists over to fast. I can play it off the tee no problem but beyond that I have issues.

my natural shot is a slight fade.... but i find that most of the time i visualize the shot that i wanna hit and just swing.... low draws....big slice or cut... but if i consciously try and set up to hit those shots...it almost never works...

How does shaping a shot constantly improve your game?

If you have a straight shot to the pin, take it, why play a draw and maybe accidently make a mistake when the straight shot is more effective?

I only shape shots to get out of trouble. Otherwise, I'm looking for a straight or very slight draw out of a shot.

How does shaping a shot constantly improve your game?

If you have a straight shot to the pin, take it, why play a draw and maybe accidently make a mistake when the straight shot is more effective?

I agree completely. Only shape your shot if you have to - why take an unnecessary risk?

I do control my trajectory often though, just not the ball flight.

Shot shapping helps improve your odds hitting into a green. What I do (and a big reason I hit many greens) is I aim at the middle of the green on my approaches. If the pin is on the left I try to hit a little draw (on the right a little fade). More importantly if it goes straight I am fine if it draws/fades it is great. It just gives you much more room to make a mistake and still hit a green. I don't work the ball as much off of the tee unless the shot is called for.

Shot shapping helps improve your odds hitting into a green. What I do (and a big reason I hit many greens) is I aim at the middle of the green on my approaches. If the pin is on the left I try to hit a little draw (on the right a little fade). More importantly if it goes straight I am fine if it draws/fades it is great. It just gives you much more room to make a mistake and still hit a green. I don't work the ball as much off of the tee unless the shot is called for.

That is actually a great tip Andy! It is a no brainer for you because you won't have trouble shaping. I guess I was generally speaking for the people who have trouble shaping the ball, and have 50% chance of error.

Back