How Often Do You Wash Your Balls?

Typcially every few holes. Probably not as often as I should. I always forget that little Balzee thing I have, so I normally wipe them on my shorts after putting a little spittle on them.

You know I have that same thing, and it's part of my routine when I get out my divot tool, and ball mark, then it's the Ballzee. Some buddies of mine laughed first time they saw it and the name, some are 35 going on twelve.

By half way through the round when at some point each one asked to use it because they forgot their towel, they all ended up saying it was a great thing and ended up having their own the next round.

To answer the OP, I mark my ball before each first putt, and give it a ounce over, if it’s got something it gets cleaned.

Just came into this thread WOW !!!!! Iam out....

Thanks goes out to those that continue to hit reply to this thread It always makes me smile to see it atop the list of new replies............

Saw the subject line, and was immediately intrigued. There's quite a variety of topics for discussion here :D.

Anyways, here in the southwest, I don't have to clean the golf balls as much due to such dry conditions. Every other green will usually do.

5 star thread title.

To answer the question, I wipe it off with a wet towel on every green after I mark my ball. It is part of my green routine.

Lovin' the love for this thread!

I won't quote him but I had to rep someone for their answer. That one made me snort

at a lot of my local courses, they put some type of soap or cleaning solution in the ball washers. It seems to me (I may just be imagining this) the after washing the ball the cover almost feels tacky. Has anyone else experienced this? Ooh and I usually wash my ball at the next tee box if i notice that my ball has any discoloration from grass or dirt that wont come off by simply wiping it.

That's the bacteria that's been growing in the water for months...

It's been raining just about every evening in Georgia the last few days, making it really tough to keep my balls clean :angry:. Once your balls roll through the Georgia red clay, it's a done deal, you going home with dirty balls.

When it is dirty. Duh.

Don't you think that's a little personal!

In all seriousness, though, at my course they actually keep fresh(ish) water and soap in the ball washers, so I will use them (yay private courses!). I only wash them off when they pick up a decent amount of dirt. Grass stains alone I usually disregard. My one big superstition though: I will not play a brand new or perfectly clean and unblemished ball over water. That's just tempting Davey Jones to call it home; he leaves the dirty ones alone.

The washers are hit and miss. If the water smells like a sewer I can only imagine the crap thats swimming in it. So I got the little frogger towel - comes in handy on the greens if the ball got really messy on the way there.

After it's been in the hole I grab froger and wipe them off.

After Pars or birdies I will rub off whatever dirt is on the ball but I won't wash the ball. If I get a bogey or worse I have to wash that bogey off.

I try to at every station...

I usually wipe mine off after every hole on the wet towel on my bag.

bump.:bananadance:

Every hole that has a par aide and towel them off between. Clean balls are easier to find because they are shiny and with it being winter, I need all the help I can get.

i'm sorry if someone else has said this, i'm skimming, but....

every time i take a shower. lol.

uhmm, my (golf) balls uisually clean theirselves. if a bit of mud gets on them, i whipe em off, but other than that they usually don't get too dirty..

whenever I put my ball marker down, I usually rub my balls with my hands to smooth the surface for a better roll. whenever there is a washer available, I wash them. I just don't like the sight of dirty balls & to me there is no better feeling then clean balls in your hands when you go to put it on a tee.

I clean my ball off in a washer if possible every hole. Or i give it an ol spit shine and rub off with the towel!

I laugh at the replies cause everyone I just put in to the context that it's a different set of balls haha so immature i know

:bulgy-eyes:

Back