What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, today was a "back to reality" day for me too. Really fought it hard off the tee for the first 7 holes or so before I got into a rhythm. Ended up 4 over through the first 6 holes and stayed there to go out in 40. Got it somewhat clicking on the back for a 36. Funny that I'm disappointed with a 76, LOL

Great shooting smalls, hawk, and Kmac! Good job guys.

Just a sign of where you've come this year, dude. Still a very good score in challenging conditions.

Good to know. Maybe I should start doing that. Will start first time I break 90 I suppose. Congrats to all the score recently everyone!

Super Congrats Smally and Hawk, great scores boys!

I shot a very consistent 90 today. I shot 51 on the front and 39 on the back. It was a 100 degrees but I don't think it was that. I just could not get loose on the front. We started the back and it just felt like I took a weight off my back.

I shot a very consistent 90 today. I shot 51 on the front and 39 on the back. It was a 100 degrees but I don't think it was that. I just could not get loose on the front. We started the back and it just felt like I took a weight off my back.

Congrats on the low back 9. I've done similar, everything just clicked right for the turn, good job!

Congrats on the low back 9. I've done similar, everything just clicked right for the turn, good job![/QUOTE

I shot par on the last hole of the front and just took off from there.

Yesterday, but forgot to post it:

7_17_12Canyons18.jpg

I was +5 on the four par 5's...that was atrocious. Took OB penalties on two of them and was just generally terrible off the tee on the other two. My tee game was terrible all day until I finally checked my grip on 18. How I managed to shoot 79 I don't know because I did NOT deserve to.

Shot an 80 from the tips over 7000 yards. At lederach. I should have shot a 78 but I hit another ball in the water on 18 and tried to get it out after almost driving the green but the water was to deep to get it out lol I ended up taking a 6 after missing driving the green by a few yards.

Thanks guys! I think I was most pumped on 18 when I birdied to shoot it. Also during that round I brought home a point for team Canada in our annual Muslim charity golf tournament called The Haider Cup. I won 8&6 with that eagle on 12. If anyone wants to check out a blog of it go to http://Haidercup2012.weebly.com/

From the weekend at Bandon Dunes...

Day 1
Bandon: 61 / 44 - 105. Yes, 17 shots better on the back (and that was with a 9 on the 18th). Freekin' pathetic and horrible opening 9. The back 9 should have been better but I couldn't make a putt.

Day 2
Pacific: 47 / 55 - 102. Two blowups on the front then a rough night at the pub and lack of sleep caught up with me on the back, where I ran out of gas.

Preserve: 43 (4 over for 13 holes) with 3 birdies. Iron play was really pretty solid all weekend.

Day 3
Old Mac: 44 / 50 - 94. I was playing the round of my life through 6 or 7 then the phone rang just as it was my turn to hit an iron into an elevated green with huge bunkers in front and the ocean behind it. Our general rule is the phone only rings in case of emergency. This time the wife called to say she and the kids missed me. This ruined my focus and I went in the tank over the next several holes. I've got it pretty rough :)

Trails: 42 / 52 - 94. Had one stupid blow up hole plus two two more blow up holes on the back where I was rushing to play through a foursome (I got off as a single late in the day). Finally made a putt...this for birdie on the par 5 3rd.

Day 4
Bandon: 42 / 47 - 89. Really should have gone lower but still couldn't make a putt, had 1 bad hole where it took me 5 shots to get it in the hole from 80 yards out (idiot) and 1 really unlucky hole where my drive went 1 yard off the fairway into some serious ugliness.

I like that 1st putt distance stat Jman. Do you just walk it off?

I like that 1st putt distance stat Jman. Do you just walk it off?

Yep. Its not SPOT on, but its close enough to have a reference about it all. Benefits to my feet being literally a foot long LOL!

Yep. Its not SPOT on, but its close enough to have a reference about it all. Benefits to my feet being literally a foot long LOL!

Good enough, thanks. Gonna start trying to keep track of that.

Don't sweat it Amol, you will be fine man. We all have those days where it just does not get going or get into a bad string of holes.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, looking forward to teeing it up with you next week.

I know most of the courses you play are pretty darn difficult. Your game travels well and I have no doubt you will be sharp next week.

Well, they aren't Texas difficult, but I figure that putting myself on courses that are challenging will be good prep for next weekend. I'm going to another one on Thursday, going to play from the tees that are close to 6800 yards.

Thanks everyone! The feeling was unreal. And I had to make an 8 footer on 18 to get it. I was so pumped up, and I think I set a record with 12 or 13 fist pumps today! I only had one birdie today, but I lipped out two others. I'm still on cloud nine!

Wow, I wouldn't figure you to be a fist pump guy, but who knows, maybe you're a closet TW fan. :alien:

Even par 67! Had the big-dog doin' work today.

Yesterday, but forgot to post it:

7_17_12Canyons18.jpg

I was +5 on the four par 5's...that was atrocious. Took OB penalties on two of them and was just generally terrible off the tee on the other two. My tee game was terrible all day until I finally checked my grip on 18. How I managed to shoot 79 I don't know because I did NOT deserve to.

Sorry if this has been covered but what tool do you use to track your score like this? This is really cool.

44-44 for an 88 tonight

Front 9 started with a triple played decent after that, 150 yard club crippled me, couldn't hit a green

Back 9 drove the ball great, had wedges into greens and couldn't hit them, some long some short, was discouraging. Even shanked one

So shot 16 over and 7 of those came on just 3 holes, 2 of which I hit fairways off tee...blah

Sorry if this has been covered but what tool do you use to track your score like this? This is really cool.

No problemo, its skygolf's output on their site when I upload from my SGX GPS. I just have to enter the putt distance info myself after I upload. After that I just use a snipping tool to save the card and upload it to photobucket.

53 for leagues. Tried to fix some things on my seeing, it was off and on.

Had a real nice shot on a par 3, it looked like it was going in, but it didn't thank god.

I was able to pull off some flop shots which help me so much when i got close.

Buddy had a rbz 3wood i hit that a couple times, slice city buy good distance.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

I played 9 holes late this afternoon. Shot a +4 40. I hit 6 fw's, 4 greens and had 14 putts.

It was cart path only and I didn't have my rangefinder on me, that cost me at least a stroke I think.

Played for the first time in about a month. I shot a 87 with a 46 on the front and 41 on the back. Should have hit range before the round. It was the first time I played at Oak Island Golf Club, Oak Island, NC.

I shot an 85 this morning before work. Nothing spectacular but I was glad to get the swings in.

After a few rounds where my iron-play bit the dust, I finally got it working again halfway through my last round. It turned out I had been sliding away from the ball and messing up the point of impact, leading to the s-word that shall not be spoken. Keeping my weight centered and my spine constant let me get back to solid contact on the center of the face.

I went out today for 18 after work. I teed off around 5:30 and shot a 39-42 for a 9 over 81, finishing up around 8:10. If I hadn't screwed up the last par-5 of the day with a snowman, I would have broken 80 for the first time in years. It felt really great to be hitting the ball well again, and just in time to go back to Long Island later this month to play with some old golfing buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back