Did anyone else see the golf digest golf ball hot list?

Flintstone

Reaction score
Handicap
I read it yesterday and was very surprised. according to the launch angle and spin rates, it looked like maxfli has some of the best balls for the least amount of money.

The Maxfli U2 ($20.00 per dozen) out performed 8 out of the 10 balls in the next higher price bracket according to their launch monitor and on course testing. Read that again, it didn't beat most of the balls in the $20.00 and under bracket, it beat MOST of the balls in the $25.00 - $36.00 bracket. For the price, the numbers looked unbelievable. I've never seen anyone even use one on the course but for $20.00 a dozen, I might pick some up just to see how they perform for me.

Does anyone currently use this ball or the Maxfli U3? The U3 also tested very well in this test.

The Bridgestone B330 series and E series tested well as did both the ProV1 and Pro V1X. And the Nike 20XI golf balls tested as some of the highest spin rate golf balls. Which isn't surprising since from what I've read Tiger wants to use the ball with the most spin he can find.

I don't think Tiger used that ball.

Can you post a link to the article?

thanks for the article!

It was a couple of months ago. I think it was the may issue but I'm not positive.

I hate to say it doesn't mean much to me, but it doesn't.

^Golf Digest very rarely has anything negative to say about the stuff they "un-biasely" test

Lol yeah they sure do seem to like a whole bunch of stuff huh? Unbiased my ass they mostly steer around it but hey id be lying if I said they didn't rope me in on certain items

Strange Taylormade didn't make the list. Wonder if they sent any in for this unbiased test. Also think it's funny that the only ball to get 5 stars on demand is Titleist. Bridgestone is at 3.5 on demand. Golf digest is joke with reviews.

Strange Taylormade didn't make the list. Wonder if they sent any in for this unbiased test. Also think it's funny that the only ball to get 5 stars on demand is Titleist. Bridgestone is at 3.5 on demand. Golf digest is joke with reviews.

adding a demand factor for a "performance" review is the dumbest thing ever in the first place

Interesting to hear that the U2 was so good.

I've mentioned it before, but I know a very big name in the golf industry that tests clubs and balls for a living. He raved about the new maxfli balls saying the U2 is a fantastic ball for the price and that the U4 is on par with the pro V1 series. For $20, you can't beat the U2 Maxfli ball.

The Bridgestone Fix scored higher in the <$20 category in performance and feel.

Igot chosen to test drive Titleist NXT TOUR S & Maxfli U/4X. the NXT was typical. Better spin than the old ones. The U/4X was amazing. It is a favorite of mine, for sure. Outplayed the ProV1X IMO.

Last edited:
Back