Group of friends whenever possible...

I like playing alone because I can relax but it has come to the point that I play alone so much that I can't relax when I am with others, I "press" and shoot at least 5-10 strokes higher, I need to play with people more.

I golf with customers most of the time.
It's solo, or with one of my sons. It's hard to pin down times with being on the road to much.

Any time, just PM me!

I like playing alone. I also like playing with my friends. So, both.

I'm like this. I play alone half the time. I have a few golfing friends, two are serious golfers. The others are just around to have fun. Most of my golfing buddies are adult men who are also members at my course, met through league and members events... I've only met two THPers (played with one) but I'd certainly like to play with more!

I usually prefer to play with others but to me there is something special about getting up early once and a while, having a round to myself where it is just me against the course.

I'm like this. I play alone half the time. I have a few golfing friends, two are serious golfers. The others are just around to have fun. Most of my golfing buddies are adult men who are also members at my course, met through league and members events... I've only met two THPers (played with one) but I'd certainly like to play with more!

Yeah dude. I have 2 friends that golf. One that's serious and as good as me and one that plays for fun and is alright. I love playing match play with my serious friend.

Like others, if I want to focus on something, its solo.
If out just for fun then a group usually.

I prefer to play with at least one other person but I have no issues playing solo as long as my first hole in one doesn't come when no one else is around.

Not too many of my friends play, so I'm used to going solo. I tend to play my best either solo or in a twosome. But playing with a bigger group is always fun.

I hate playing solo, but generally do for my week day rounds. About the only time I like going alone is if I'm testing something and want to hit a multitude of shots along with video.

I have only ever played one game solo and to me the social aspects of the game were missing. Since I am not a member of a club and can only afford to play a couple times a week finding someone to play with is easy.

Have never played solo, but tomorrow...wait..this morning may be my first. I imagine the will pair me up with some folk though.

I prefer to play with at least one other person but I have no issues playing solo as long as my first hole in one doesn't come when no one else is around.

My buddy and I discussed that very thing this week, one of the two guys playing in our Friday pairing scored an ace. It was the first either of us had ever seen live. We both expressed our fear that the first we would ever see would be during one of our rounds alone.

both, either, whatever....:act-up: I just like to play golf. I love the personal challenge. I am just as competitive when I play with others as I am alone although I am not competing with those I am playing with.

I play solo alot more in the colder months when no one else wants to play...I like to walk in those situations. As others have said, the only downside to solo play is pace and the interruption of catching another group and either waiting or playing through. That screws with my concentration sometimes.

Advantages to both.

Solo: I can drop a few extra balls and practice shots, bunkers, putts, etc.

Group: more enjoyable, always laughing, little competition, etc

With that said, playing with other THP'ers is the best. Luckily, I am doing that multiple times this year - just awesome playing with others that share a real love for the game and this forum.

I would have to agree with my man cookie on this one

I prefer playing with a friend or 2 just for the company & fellowship. If I had to play solo, I probably would but I don't see how it could be much fun.
I'm not good enough yet to get really competitive but I enjoy watching a good golf shot as much as anyone.

I normally play alone during the week. I have flexibility that let's me get out in the afternoon a lot, so I'll hit twilight fees at 3:00 and zip through 18 before dinner. I work on a lot of things playing alone, and often throw down another ball to correct something or try a different shot.

Weekends I love playing with my friends. Headed today to Tulsa to play a new (to us) course. Great fun!

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

I play both and don't mind it either way. Like everyone has said playing solo gives more opportunity to fix things.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I really enjoy the company of my friends when we we play together. Unfortunately with work and family commitments, it can be an undertaking to get everyone together as regularly as we'd like. I have also come to appreciate being able to play alone especially on afternoon weekends when my wife and kids won't miss me for a few hours. The courses are generally empty and and I can play by myself in under 3 hours.

The larger the group the better. I enjoy others company and especially like playing with guys better than me. I feel like I play better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoy the company of my friends when we we play together. Unfortunately with work and family commitments, it can be an undertaking to get everyone together as regularly as we'd like. I have also come to appreciate being able to play alone especially on afternoon weekends when my wife and kids won't miss me for a few hours. The courses are generally empty and and I can play by myself in under 3 hours.

That's nice. I little time to yourself never hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like playing with friends But don't mind playing alone sometimes.

I find I play my best when I'm playing with a match going on. If I'm playing by myself or just in a group I play the same, but when there is something on the line, I play much better. That should tell me something about concentration but I'm not really paying attention.

I can't remember the last time I played a solo round. At my club, someone would join me even if I tried to play solo. I could never offend a fellow member by saying I'd rather play by myself. My member/member partner and I will occasionally go out as a twosome when we need to get in a "practice" round and want to hit a couple of balls. But even then we have to sneak off to the back nine to start.

It depends on my own mood. Most of the time, I want to play with a group. But, occasionally, I just want to play alone. Sometimes to be able to play more than one ball, but most of the time just to be with my own thoughts and enjoying the solitude.

I hate playing solo! So much so, that if no one is about, I'll not play.

Tapped via tapatalk

Back