Dumb to carry a hybrid same degree as fairway wood?

ImaBeRealReal

Reaction score
Handicap
Above Par
About to get a Super XTD because I'm so inconsistent with the 3 wood. Would it be silly to carry the same degree hybrid as the 3 wood or maybe just ditch the fairway wood all together and go with two hybrids?

About to get a Super XTD because I'm so inconsistent with the 3 wood. Would it be silly to carry the same degree hybrid as the 3 wood or maybe just ditch the fairway wood all together and go with two hybrids?

I took the 3 wood out and replaced with a Cleveland M1

I would use one or the other. Since you are having tough time with 3 wood, there is no point of carrying 3 wood and hybrid that are same loft.

I might put another hybrid with higher loft, so that you can fill the gap in long clubs.

What is really important is the distance you hit the various clubs regardless of number or loft. Certainly if your distance with both clubs is the same pick the one you play most consistently.

It absolutely depends on your distances. If you're still 15-20 yards longer with the 3 wood it may make sense. I carry a 2H that's .5 degrees greater loft than my 3 wood, but I'm 20-25 yards shorter with it, so it hits a nice gap.

That said, if you have little confidence with the 3 wood maybe taking it out in exchange for another wedge or something else makes sense - at least until you get enough range time to gain that confidence back.

What is really important is the distance you hit the various clubs regardless of number or loft. Certainly if your distance with both clubs is the same pick the one you play most consistently.

That is the best answer to me, I agree with you 100% Jean.

This is what I would say too.

This post said it better than I could. If you hit them the same distance, why bother with both?

If you're inconsistent with the 3W, why would you keep in the bag? If you hit the hybrid better then you don't need the 3W

I don't think it's dumb I wish I could find it but they have a video on youtube where the wood and hybrid of a same loft had about 15 yard gap

I don't think it's dumb I wish I could find it but they have a video on youtube where the wood and hybrid of a same loft had about 15 yard gap

Could be wrong, but believe that is because of difference in shaft length.

Sent from my HTC One X

Could be wrong, but believe that is because of difference in shaft length.

Sent from my HTC One X

my understanding is the lenght and the mass of the head. funny that you could bag a 23* wood a 23* hybrid and a 23* iron and have really good gaps

I went with a 19* bc the super xtd in 15 and 17 were as long as if not longer than the 3 wood. The 19* fits about 10 yards in between the 3w and 4i. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iFun using Tapatalk. I should be working...

Truth! People get caught up in loft but they're different clubs and will perform differently.

Back