A bigger putter grip

So I recently got a midsize putter grip for my spider ghost and it was good but then I put a Tigershark oversize putter grip on my new putter and it's even better, I don't flip my wrists anymore and it really helps

I have a bigger grip on my taylormade suzuka and like leiruagetro, my wrists don't want to flip as much it feels like.

My putting has been tour quality since I switched from the Iomic to the SuperStroke Slim Lite. Best I have ever rolled the rock, by far.

I tried a Superstroke and liked it as well. One thing I noticed yesterday while rolling one of my other putters was that the head felt MUCH heavier than my jumbo-gripped Tycoon. Anybody see this and have you found it to be a negative in any way?

I REALLY like the SuperStroke Slim Lite. I may put it on all my putters I like it that much.

I have been thinking about this as well. I play a nike method core 3 with the stock nike grip, and sometimes have difficulty keeping my wrists from breaking down.. so tiger shark? Super stroke? Any others?

I have been thinking about this as well. I play a nike method core 3 with the stock nike grip, and sometimes have difficulty keeping my wrists from breaking down.. so tiger shark? Super stroke? Any others?
My brother had a tiger shark and hated it, I tried it and didn't care for it either. He just put on a SS Slim lite and loves it now.

I've mainly had experience with the Tiger shark and the Winn grips and I have to say that the Tiger shark is my favorite so far. Although I liked the Winn Midsize grip, the oversee tigershark has really helped me from breaking down my wrists resulting in the putter head passing the hands at impact which real screws up a lot of stuff, I really have seen improvements in my putts and how much the ball rolls since it now makes solid contact with the ball. I've also felt that my distance control is better since I don't flip my wrists anymore for small putts.

Put a Winn Jumbo Lite grip on my putter today. Absolutely love it. Wrists feel so much more stable. Best decision I've made in a while.

i love the feel of my pistolini but it's jsut too small and too easy to roll my wrists... ughh i wish scotty grips weren't so expensive...

i love the feel of my pistolini but it's jsut too small and too easy to roll my wrists... ughh i wish scotty grips weren't so expensive...

There's nothing wrong with not having a scotty grip on your putter man! A Tigershark oversize grip is about $20

There's nothing wrong with not having a scotty grip on your putter man! A Tigershark oversize grip is about $20

yeah i know but it just takes away some of the "oh yeah, this is a scotty, all of your dreams have come true" feel to it..

yeah i know but it just takes away some of the "oh yeah, this is a scotty, all of your dreams have come true" feel to it..

True, but I guess the grip will be in your bag most of the time while you play haha

what? (i'm tired, and that made no sence.)

Well the shaft goes in the opening of the bag and you only see the putter head while its in the bag so you won't see the non scotty grip until you pull it out, plus you'll be covering it with your hands while you putt

Well the shaft goes in the opening of the bag and you only see the putter head while its in the bag so you won't see the non scotty grip until you pull it out, plus you'll be covering it with your hands while you putt
Oh i thought you meant the scotty grip.. Like, you want me to carry a cut up grip in my bag with me?

It was time to replace the stock Winn AVS grip on my putter so this thread caught my eye. Based on all the feedback on the SuperStroke I had Dicks Sporting Goods put on a SuperStroke UltraSlim Black grip last night and was putting with it last night. I can definitely tell the difference in the release of the putter head and it quieted down my hands so my wrist don't break down. The SS is heavier than the AVS I was using so to me it felt I had to swing a tiny bit harder to get putts to go the same distance. The jury's still out on whether I keep this grip.

i put a super stroke slim (heavier version?) on my betti and rolled 26 putts saturday and 31 on sunday (2 lip-outs)....i'm SOLD on this grip, definitely looking to put one on my scotty.

mihgt have to give the "fat" grip a try, once my current one wears out...probably by end of this year.

I put the Super Stroke lite on my putter as I just was not pleased with my lag putting from long distances. My putting from less than 10 feet was fine but I figured this is an inexpensive experiment.

I put the Super Stroke lite on my putter as I just was not pleased with my lag putting from long distances. My putting from less than 10 feet was fine but I figured this is an inexpensive experiment.

I was happy with the tradeoff. If I can greatly increase my % from 10-20 feet by using the big grip then I can take the hit on the super long ones knowing that i just need to get them relatively close. Having said that, I haven't noticed any major impact to long putts yet.

I've gone back and forth. Earlier this year I gamed a Winn Jumbo for a while with my MX 7. Really liked that combo. However, when I got my Betti, that didn't seem like a good option. So I grabbed an Iomic midsize, which is basically a standard, and had it built up (7 wraps). I've been very pleased thus far with how it's worked out.

I go back and forth on whether I really believe the larger grip makes a difference. Right now, I think it does. I think my lag putting and putting inside 7-8 feet is as good as it's ever been.

I go back and forth on whether I really believe the larger grip makes a difference. Right now, I think it does. I think my lag putting and putting inside 7-8 feet is as good as it's ever been.

You've got a big one? I didn't know that. I may switch to one seeing as it wouldn't cost much. Do you have it on a CS putter or HS?

I have it on my Dinero, which is a heel shafted blade. It's the Jumbo Winn. The only real complaint I have is that some bags don't have enough spots for the thing. It's huge.

Back