JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a movie when I was younger and the only thing I can remember about it was that some guy had a tattoo on his arm or something of that nature that was "XX", but then someone figured out that it was not "XX" but actually "WM". Can anybody help me?

JB - Just a wild guess here - "The Corsican Brothers"?

• Admin
It might be Rice. I truly have NO IDEA. But I really want to know. I will look that up and any other input from anybody would be great.

JB - Just a wild guess here - "The Corsican Brothers"?

Because someone would have to be . . . impaired . . . to mistake a WM for an XX ?:D

JB, you cant remember what it was about or who was in it? any other details?

• Admin
I got nothing, but need help, its driving me crazy.

I got nothing, but need help, its driving me crazy.

I hate that, reminds me of the time I was trying to figure out the big square vegetarian stuff was in the fridge.

It was Tofu. (took me like a day to remember)

Is this movie older JB? How old were you when you watched it?

action? suspense? comedy? chick-flick?

It is older because I was a kid and it was older then. I would say drama suspense harry.

THAT IS IT!!!!

Woohoo.

Still do not know the movie, but I have a character now and am closer.

That is correct I believe. After googling it seems quite a few are trying to figure out the name of this thing.

I knew the only way to find this info was a golf forum. Thank you so much guys. You guys have ended my misery.

Bama-

You must have seen it, because I looked at that one on IMDB but couldn't find any ties to a tattoo.

EDIT: Finally, I read through all of the external reviews of the movie and 1 referenced the XX tattoo . . . standing of course for (wait for it) . . . the Dos Equis killer.

http://www.thevideograveyard.com/b/brainwaves.html

EDIT #2: BTW, this was my favorite review:
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Brain Waves[/SIZE][/FONT]
Dull. Mostly, it's dull.

A young woman is taking a bath, and an unseen attacker throws her radio into the tub with her. Not only does this f*ck up her radio, it also kills her. Totally unrelated, another young woman gets the heel of her shoe stuck on the rail of an oncoming trolley car. When the trolley stops just short of hitting her, she frees her shoe and walks right in front of a car. So, she's in a coma. Serious brain damage. However, the doctors tell her husband that they can fix her by projecting brainwave patterns from a healthy mind into the non-functioning areas of her brain. Somehow, the healthy patterns were taken from a dead body. Remember that chick from the first scene? Anyway, the woman comes out of her coma, recovers fully, and starts remembering the other girl's murder.

In a giallo, they would try to keep things interesting by having the killer take out some other people while the heroes are trying to track him down. But, that's not what they're going for in Brain Waves. What are they going for? I don't know, but I don't think they got there.

There's nothing in the script, the acting, or the direction to suggest that anybody ever gave a crap about this film.

I am sure it is one of the worst movies of all time. But it is burned in my brain from when I was about 10.

Ok, part 2. How do I find it?

$220 from Amazon new or $35 used. Netflix here we come.

Back