Recommend a book involving the mental aspects of the game?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a book that can help one with the mental aspects of the game?

A recommendation from KellyBo that I recently picked up:

Your 15th Club by Dr. Bob Rotella

Very good!

I recommend Bob Rotella's books too. I've read, "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" and "Your 15th Club".

Zen golf by Joseph Parent is a good one.

• Admin
Cool guys thanks I will check those out!

Bob Rotella his books are good.

Bob Rotella his books are good.

Yes they are. One of the better instructors I know makes it part of her package when a person signs up wanting to reach low single digits. She says without a mental game their is no way to make it that low.

hackin

• Admin
Yes they are. One of the better instructors I know makes it part of her package when a person signs up wanting to reach low single digits. She says without a mental game their is no way to make it that low.

hackin

I would 100% agree with this. I may be biased, but my mental game or lack thereof is why I shoot 42 instead of 37.

This...Puttin4Bird sent this book to me after I had a near meltdown on the course with him last year and this book helped me put some perspective on things

I recommend Bob Rotella's books too. I've read, "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" and "Your 15th Club".

Zen Golf.

Fearless Golf by Dr. Gio Valiante is pretty good.

All three mentioned (Zen Golf, 15th Club, and Golf is not a Game of Perfect) are really good, in fact, I need to get them on my kindle fire and re-read.

A favorite of mine to read when things get tough mentally for me on the course isn't exactly a mental book or a teaching book, its just chock full of good easy to read stuff and touches alot of bases, Harvey Penick's "Little Red Book"

anything Bob Rotella is amazing and has helped me out so much on the course its honestly one of the things i never thought was important and i was SO wrong! i started Zen golf and fearless golf is also downloaded waiting to be read once i get some time.

anything Bob Rotella is amazing and has helped me out so much on the course its honestly one of the things i never thought was important and i was SO wrong! i started Zen golf and fearless golf is also downloaded waiting to be read once i get some time.

I could not agree more. I really couldn't.

I was the exact same, plus I was always a hot-head on the course, books like these have always brought me a LOT of perspective on the game and changed all that. When I fall into that mental funk again, I always go back to one and re-read the highlights I left behind of things that really struck me personally in previous go arounds. So good.

I could not agree more. I really couldn't.

I was the exact same, plus I was always a hot-head on the course, books like these have always brought me a LOT of perspective on the game and changed all that. When I fall into that mental funk again, I always go back to one and re-read the highlights I left behind of things that really struck me personally in previous go arounds. So good.

its funny to me now even when someone else is getting down on themselves i tell them not to i feel like that negativity will affect me even! i really have changed how positive i am out there. makes a big difference plus some of the stuff i have learned from Rotella is just mind blowing how well it works and how my mind really works.

its funny to me now even when someone else is getting down on themselves i tell them not to i feel like that negativity will affect me even! i really have changed how positive i am out there. makes a big difference plus some of the stuff i have learned from Rotella is just mind blowing how well it works and how my mind really works.

It really is, its truly amazing what your mind can make your body accomplish if you want it to.

"Seven Days in Utopia", by Dr. David Cook is a great spiritual read. I highly recommend it. It changed my outlook and approach to the whole game.

Except when he tells me to take up bowling

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Except when he tells me to take up bowling

Hey he's a smart man what can I say! Lol

Shut it Buck! Haha

Dr Bob Rotella, pretty much anything he has written for golfers is spot on, especially "Your 15th Club". I too recommend his books.

Any of you who haven't read The Unstoppable Golfer by Dr. Bob go get it and read it now. Theres more strait talk in that one book than all the others combined. Its easy to find the important parts, they are all bolded. I can't say its the book or the notes from it in the back of my yardage/note book but man what a week of golf this last week.
My handicap came down more than 3 strokes and I played 5 great rounds of golf since I read it.

All you need is soft focus on a target and to go unconscious when you swing.....

Right now Im reading, "Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect" and Im not exactly in love with it. I feel like a lot of it is the author rambling on but not really saying much.

Back