CaddyTek Caddy Cruiser One

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently purchased one of these pushcarts and thought I would share my initial thoughts with everyone.

Setup was a breeze as it required no tools. The wheels clicked into place and are removable with a release button. A mesh basket attached to the frame with Velcro tabs and that is all that it takes to be ready to use. The cart unfolds to its full size by pushing a single button and folds back down to a very compact size by using the same button. Brilliant and easy. It comes standard with an umbrella holder that stows on the frame when not in use. I liked the wide, padded handle that is adjustable to multiple heights. The brake is a simple foot brake that sets and releases easily. This is the one feature that was different from the higher priced carts as they had a hand brake system. I really did not notice a bid difference other than forgetting to release it a few times. It just took a quick tap with my toe and I was off. The console has a scorecard holder, drink holder, a storage compartment, and a ball alignment marker. I still have a stand bag and the Caddy Cruiser has a special shaped bracket that fits with the legs of the bag so it does not twist. The bag is held on with strong bungee straps that have a secure connection that is easy to use. Overall, the Caddy Cruiser performed well during its maiden voyage. The four wheels made it very stable even on uneven ground. It was a little difficult to push through higher wet grass. Perhaps a larger wheel diameter would have improved on this. However on fairways and paths it was not noticeable. I have rented BagBoy carts at other courses before and this cart was just as good. The best part is these can be found for around $125 right now.

I enjoy walking when I play but I am glad that my carry days are over. I'm looking forward to many more rounds pushing my Caddy Cruiser.

2012-07-25_14-14-26_981.jpg

2012-07-25_14-14-59_161.jpg

2012-07-25_14-17-04_757.jpg

Nice cart there MileHigh. It sure is compact when folded. Enjoy your rounds.

Keep us posted on your thoughts as you get used to the cart, I hope you enjoy it for a long, long time. Good info so far.

Nice looking cart!

Nice looking cart there. Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

They are great little carts I have and got one for my wife as well. I found the break to be something to get familiar with as well. It also comes with an Allen key to make adjustments if it isn't tracking true I have yet to need to use it. They also hold a good size cart bag no problem. It's very stable and performs like a champ. At Costco up here they sell for $100 (cad)

b47ec7f4.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Milehigh and Scrap, how are your carts holding up? I'm in the market for a new push cart, but the Clicgear seems outrageously priced. The caddytek's are very appealing.

Milehigh and Scrap, how are your carts holding up? I'm in the market for a new push cart, but the Clicgear seems outrageously priced. The caddytek's are very appealing.

Its working great. It rolls true and the brake is still as good as day one. I like the four wheels it's very stable on all slopes. It's light and easy to handle even in wet rough. Having a push cart is handy so you don't have to waste energy bringing a wedge to the green with you just look at lie and decide on a chutt. It's a really good cart and a great alternative to the 3.0

#Sinkthechutteffthewedge

Its working great. It rolls true and the brake is still as good as day one. I like the four wheels it's very stable on all slopes. It's light and easy to handle even in wet rough. Having a push cart is handy so you don't have to waste energy bringing a wedge to the green with you just look at lie and decide on a chutt. It's a really good cart and a great alternative to the 3.0

#Sinkthechutteffthewedge

Oh man, the chutting aspect sold me. I always bring my wedge from the cart but end up choosing just to use my putter and throw my wedge down like an abused puppy. It's good to hear it is holding up for you so far. I am worried that it is inferior quality to the Clicgear or bag boy but it looks so similar in the pictures.

Do you have experience using the umbrella holder? Its nice that it comes with it instead of as a attachment that you have to buy.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Oh man, the chutting aspect sold me. I always bring my wedge from the cart but end up choosing just to use my putter and throw my wedge down like an abused puppy. It's good to hear it is holding up for you so far. I am worried that it is inferior quality to the Clicgear or bag boy but it looks so similar in the pictures.

Do you have experience using the umbrella holder? Its nice that it comes with it instead of as a attachment that you have to buy.

I have not had a need to use the umbrella holder so I will set it up tonight take some pics and manually abuse it and let you know my thoughts. The materials and construction are great it doesn't feel cheap. The only thing I would change is the size of the compartment and the placement of the netting. The 3.0 appears larger but I don't think it's see through and the netting appears easier to have snacks but those are minor and easy to adjust to

I have not had a need to use the umbrella holder so I will set it up tonight take some pics and manually abuse it and let you know my thoughts. The materials and construction are great it doesn't feel cheap. The only thing I would change is the size of the compartment and the placement of the netting. The 3.0 appears larger but I don't think it's see through and the netting appears easier to have snacks but those are minor and easy to adjust to

Awesome thanks man. I have seen people around the courses here using umbrellas on their push carts for shade and it looks like a good idea to stay alittle cooler in the AZ weather. The placement of the netting does look alittle off, but the size of it looks awesome compared to the Clicgear. And thanks for the heads up about the compartment size. That's a setback, but I can deal with that.

I took a few pics for you the holder is going to be durable it had no play in it. They have made it with a few large screws to hold it onto the cart and a padded one to hold the umbrella so as tight as you can twist it the better it will be.
034F5193-B9B2-47AC-A86E-B51F8C76ABDC-385-0000003B5AE6B82C_zpsc55d9e01.jpg
[/IMG]
316F8D0F-BA86-4207-9CF1-7B1B60213CBA-385-0000003B5F54D4DA_zpscab87b08.jpg
[/IMG]
DB1556A9-16A5-4B6D-882A-B15F5D167A74-385-0000003B6368EC24_zps40049804.jpg
[/IMG]
CCFFA52A-2574-4C83-8320-3BA3AB7730E3-385-0000003B6A1EBDBD_zps86a14013.jpg
[/IMG]
C2826ADF-85F7-4DF6-B756-B43DBB00E20D-385-0000003B6FD1705F_zps823767af.jpg
[/IMG]
496FD206-26BC-49DC-9E40-58F654A27494-385-0000003B74F61CD8_zps3c981b93.jpg
[/IMG]

Mine is holding up great and since I changed over to a cart bag it is even better. I haven't seen anything to worry about with the quality as they are probably all made in the same factory in China anyhow. I played a fairly hilly course today and I would just aim it downhill and let it go. The four wheels rock! The best part is how small it folds up as it takes up very little room in the back of my SUV. I tried the umbrella holder once but my umbrella was to short and I couldn't stand under it (i'm 6-3). The holder is now stowed in my bag waiting for the right umbrella to join the party. As for the net, I just put my headcover in it. I doubt you would have any regrets buying this cart.

Wow Scrap Iron, thanks for those detailed pictures. The umbrella holder looks like it works great, and just what I was looking for. The compartment does look shallow, but my bag holds most things nicely anyways so its not a necessary compartment to me.

I believe I have found my next push cart. Thanks again for those pictures man.

Mine is holding up great and since I changed over to a cart bag it is even better. I haven't seen anything to worry about with the quality as they are probably all made in the same factory in China anyhow. I played a fairly hilly course today and I would just aim it downhill and let it go. The four wheels rock! The best part is how small it folds up as it takes up very little room in the back of my SUV. I tried the umbrella holder once but my umbrella was to short and I couldn't stand under it (i'm 6-3). The holder is now stowed in my bag waiting for the right umbrella to join the party. As for the net, I just put my headcover in it. I doubt you would have any regrets buying this cart.

Thanks for the opinion man, its great to hear all of that stuff. These look like great all around carts for the price.

No problem man you wont regret it.
#rollininstyleandchuttin4urcash

I got my Caddytek in the mail earlier this week. I love how easy it is to fold and unfold, and I had it out of the box and ready to go within a few minutes. My cart bag fits perfectly on the cruiser one, and the sun mountain umbrella I have works perfectly with the umbrella mount as far as head clearance goes (I am 6'0"). I cant wait to get it out on the course on Friday.

Thanks again for the info and pictures Scrap Iron and MHG.

Back