TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

i like the RBZ better. the 2.0 is way too light of a club for me. it's also a bit shorter, therefor a bit more control. the 2.0 line was built to be a light, long (height wise) club, and i don't like the feel of it. it also has a bit bigger head size, i believe.
*in a salesman's voice* you also get 17 more yards! (insert forced smile here)*

i like the RBZ better. the 2.0 is way too light of a club for me. it's also a bit shorter, therefor a bit more control. the 2.0 line was built to be a light, long (height wise) club, and i don't like the feel of it. it also has a bit bigger head size, i believe.
*in a salesman's voice* you also get 17 more yards! (insert forced smile here)*

i think the longer club is what is helping me. I am 6"3" and like my 4 rescue. May have to run to golfsmith to hit both before I break out rocketballz out of the plastic. I don't want to lose 50% of the value just becuase it came out of the plastic.

On a side note, where do I get the signature where I can list my clubs?

Just wanted to put in my input about the RBZ 15* 3 wood.

Played two rounds and had 3 range sessions with it so far. This is one of the best three woods ive ever hit! Not only because of the extra yards (I gained about 20 yards), but this thing sets up so nicely to the ball. My natural ball shape is a push fade, so the closed face really helps me (I have the non tour version). I have mine shafted with a Diamana Kaili 80x tipped 1" and it brought down the spin a great deal from the stock shaft. Im willing to bet I gained most of my distance from this not the head itself.

Just to gloat: I hit my longest 3 woods of all time in my last round. 284 off the tee, and 272 off the deck! (both distances were rangefinder scoped)

This 3 wood will work with anyone, as long as you get the right shaft!! I highly reccomend the Kaili 80!

Anyone know the face angle on the 3 rescue?Square or closed?

Looked almost square to me. Maybe .5*-1* closed...maybe

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

i think the longer club is what is helping me. I am 6"3" and like my 4 rescue. May have to run to golfsmith to hit both before I break out rocketballz out of the plastic. I don't want to lose 50% of the value just becuase it came out of the plastic.

On a side note, where do I get the signature where I can list my clubs?

On the top right of the page click on settings and it will bring you to your profile where on the left hand side towards the bottom it says "edit signature"

I hit probably 10 different 3h before deciding on the Tour 3 RBZ and I love it, much preferred it to the non tour 19* and the shaft has a much better feel to it.

So i ordered a rocketballz rescue #3 that will be here this week. I am starting to question my purchase. I currently have a taylormade burner 2.0 #4 rescue that I hit about 220 yards dead straight. Has anyone used the Rocketballz 3 and the 2.0 3?

I would be interested if they saw a difference in the two.

I had an R7 3 hybrid and now have the RBZ 3 hybrid ...it was a no brainier for me the RBZ is longer and more consistent

Playing my first round with my new RBZ Tour 3 Wood tomorrow morning. Not using a driver since I traded in my old driver (R11) and my new driver is shipping from Taylor Made in the next few weeks.

Cannot wait!

Playing my first round with my new RBZ Tour 3 Wood tomorrow morning. Not using a driver since I traded in my old driver (R11) and my new driver is shipping from Taylor Made in the next few weeks.

Cannot wait!

What kind of driver did you order?

It says RBZ 9.5* in his sig.

That's correct. I actually won it through Golf Galaxy. Hit both the Tour and Standard (Drivers) and the Standard won out for me (while the Tour 3 won out for me).

Absolutely was crushing the Tour 3 on the course today. Can't wait to get the driver.

That's correct. I actually won it through Golf Galaxy. Hit both the Tour and Standard (Drivers) and the Standard won out for me (while the Tour 3 won out for me).

Absolutely was crushing the Tour 3 on the course today. Can't wait to get the driver.
So was I dude, thing is a beast and fairway finder off the tee! From the fairway the one time I hit it today I hit it a little fat so it wasn't my ideal result but was not bad either.

The tour 3 is a beast. My drive shaft snapped and the 3w came in and did admirably. I was piping them down straight and deep. Needless to say, I have much confidence in this club. I love the sound oh that sound. Just solid shot after solid shot.

RBZ Tour Spoon?

RBZ Tour Spoon?

Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you have or have played with the Taylormade RBZ Tour Spoon 3 wood 13*? I have tested it out at work on the LM but never on the course. Just wondering what some of you have to say about it's performance and if it really is worth buying?

Traded TM Rescue 11 for RBZ Hybrid

Traded TM Rescue 11 for RBZ Hybrid

I tried an RBZ 19* hybrid yesterday and was very impressed with its distance (220 yards) and workability. I hit it just as far as my 18* Rescue 11 off the tee and fairway but with seemingly less effort. What sold me on the RBZ was how much better it performed out of divots, sand and dense rough. I also like the feel of the RBZ’s stiff shaft and the spring from the compression slot gimmick, so I pulled the trigger on the trade. I stick with my woods and irons until they wear out, but I’m always looking to upgrade my hybrid. I use it primarily as a specialty club in “rescue” situations over hitting it onto greens.

I used the RBZ 4 times today in my first round with it and it performed beautifully. The shot of the day was when I hit it over a tall tree from a fairway bunker for my second shot on a 530 yard uphill par 5. After clearing the tree with ease, which shocked me, the ball got back in the fairway 70 yards short of the green. Before owning the RBZ I used to open up a 6 iron out of that trap to clear the tree as a "take my medicine and get back on the open grass" shot and wind up 130+ yards short of the green. I couldn’t get much control or height with the Rescue 11 out of fairway bunkers. The distance was good but I could feel the sand grab the club forcing it to spray left or right. The bottom of the RBZ seems to be slightly rounder giving it wedge-like “bounce”. It went through the sand as if the ball was in the first cut of rough which completely surprised me the moment I hit the shot.

I suppose I grew tired of the Rescue 11's many adjustability options and wanted a club where I had to get back to using my hands and swing to work the ball. I'm now on my way to becoming a believer in the Rocketballz line.

The RBZ 19* hybrid is currently the favorite club in the bag for me. Effortless to hit, and it is fairly easy to work...

I like how hot the ball comes off the clubface, especially from the rough.

Ah crap, don't get any ideas Uriel. . .I'm starting to like my R11 rescue haha

interestingly enough, i'm on the fence bout this also...i like my R11 Rescue but demo'd the new RBZ Tour head hybrid and hit it...not better but not worse...but longer out of every lie versus the R11...hmmm

interestingly enough, i'm on the fence bout this also...i like my R11 Rescue but demo'd the new RBZ Tour head hybrid and hit it...not better but not worse...but longer out of every lie versus the R11...hmmm

I felt EXACTLY the same way! The Rescue 11 is a very fine club, especially off the tee. I thought it would be in my bag at least another season, but the RBZ performed better for me off of the typical tough lies I need rescuing from.

I think the Rescue 11 is better at chipping around the green, but I've only used that shot once. The RBZ is a little "springy", making it tougher to control the roll in that situation.

Last edited:
I love my RBZ 4h. Deff one of my favorite clubs

My RBZ 3H is a fairway finder. I love using it off the tee on short par 4's. I traded in my Cleveland Mashie M3 for the RBZ 3H because I needed a bigger distance gap between my 3 hybrid and my Mashie M4. This hybrid is long, straight and very versatile. Everything I was looking for in a hybrid.

Got my rbz 3 hybrid about two weeks ago. Used it for about four rounds. Hit it out I the rough, the fairway, and off the tee. I seem to hit it well every time. It is my favorite club in my bag. It is also the one that makes me most confident in my next shot.

The #4 RBZ (22 degrees) has been in my bag for the last three rounds. I can get 200/210 yards from it off the tee or fairway. I traded in my Cleveland 20.5 degee mashie for it. I can't say its "automatic" for me as I still have to concentrate on not swinging too fast which causes a hook. Good swings result in a mid-flight draw.

I'm loving how straight the RBZ hits with a penetrating flight.

Last edited:
Back