Any Slicefixer Fans?

Headed up to see Geoff at his new NY facility next week. Gonna be a long two days!

Headed up to see Geoff at his new NY facility next week. Gonna be a long two days!
Lucky! I talked to him and still really want to go, but the cost is a little too high for me right now. Perhaps next year.

Where is his NY location?

Guys, if you dont mind me asking, what is the typical cost to see him for a day?..2 days?...a week?.

I hear he comes to west coast once a yr and want to ctach him next yr.

Where is his NY location?

It's not so much a full time location, but more of a visiting for X weeks and people can visit up there opposed to going down there. I'm not sure of the pro's and con's of that since I'm not sure what he's got there vs in AK.

As far as cost, that's one of those things you're gonna want to send him an email about. It's typically a 3 day, full day teaching.

It's in Warwick, NY. He plans on on being up there several times a year, and he has everything there that he does in Texarkana. I just got back this weekend from a 2 day school. Best golf money I've ever spent. There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said in this thread, but I am very happy with my experience and will definitely be going back to see him.

Reviving and old thread here, but man, it's good to see that so many people are working with Geoff. I'm not a student of his (yet), but I'm trying to find a way out there. I'm not too far away, at this point, so maybe soon. How's everyone's progress going?

Just got back from seeing Geoff a couple weeks ago. Still grinding trying to get closer to model. Hopefully another year or two of hard work will get me close.

Here's my question...it's been said that it typically takes years to ingrain the swing. I also read about how it can take months and months to perfect the 9-to-3. What do you all do in the meantime about actually playing? Do you use the new mechanics and just accept the results for what they are or do you literally take a break from the course and live on the range while working on the new swing?

Here's my question...it's been said that it typically takes years to ingrain the swing. I also read about how it can take months and months to perfect the 9-to-3. What do you all do in the meantime about actually playing?Do you use the new mechanics and just accept the results for what they are or do you literally take a break from the course and live on the range while working on the new swing?

The bolded rings true. My swing never got worse only better from the first day, so it made that concept a little easier to digest.

http://geoffjonesgolf.com/

scroll down for contact info. He's busy as all get out so allow a week or two to get a reply after leaving a message.

Oh you're just out of Dallas, you should be able to set up a half day with him and swing over there one day.

Micheal Martin at Mira Vista spent a lot of time with Geoff and teaches his style apparently pretty well...I've never seen him but he's in Fort Worth if you don't wanna swing over to Texarkana. I'd probably start with at least a half day with Geoff then maybe you could do MM at MV after that.

Some people get lucky and they get better from day 1. I'm stuck in the inbetween releases phase. I just accept it and do everything I can to get around. It doesn't necessarily click for 18 holes, or 9 holes. Some days it's a couple, some days it's none. The latter suck.

Today it clicked on and off for 8 holes. The other 10, well.. At least I can get around for bogey pretty well.

Count me in as one of those who is having great initial luck with the pivot release. I've have always been a handsy player so the thought of a hands free release has intrigued me. Long story short, I decided to go all in on the new swing and my results have been great. I've used it for 3 rounds and here are the results:

Round 1 (new course): 87 - Used traditional swing for woods and long irons, really only used the CP release (9-to3) for 6-LW
Round 2: 85 (40+ putts so it wasnt my iron play) - Same deal, only used 9-to-3
Round 3: 82 (This is where it clicked. Used it for every swing (driver, woods, etc.., using full swings). 12 pars...tripled the 18th when I had the wrong club on a cart path only and my partner had the cart lol)

I really am just doing the best I can by watching Snead/Hogan videos, 5 fundamentals, and SF videos and then using their ideas/principles. It's obviously not perfect but I'm not using my hands one iota so it's a start if nothing else. Now I'm just praying it's not like everything else where it works for a month and then you magically lose it one day haha

So I went ot the range tonight and for the first time in quite a while and took 3 clubs with me, my sand wedge, pitching wedge and my driver. I Know it sounds weird, but I did nothing but work on 9 to 3 with my sand wedge and pitching wedge for most of the bucket I hit. I then, for about 5 or 6 balls, hit my driver. I have never hit my driver this solid before, even when I was hitting it well. Granted, the distance wasn't as long as I was hoping, but with time, that will hopefully come back around.

Anyway, I have 2 questions for those that are working with Geoff. 1) I still seem to have trouble getting my swing through to a complete finish, and feel like I'm losing distance I try to make a full swing. Did everyone else have this problem when you first started using this swing? 2) I read some time back that Geoff was working on a book. Does anybody know if this is still in the works? I've never bought a golf book before, but would be one of the first ones in line for this one.

Just had Day 1 of 3 with Geoff today and I am loving it. Seeing my swing analysis with Geoff's wisdom showed me how far off I was and answered allot of my questions on why I struggle with consistency. Setup and Grip were both off--feeling the correct grip and setup with Geoff's help opened my eyes to how I was not setup to swing properly at all--I was doing allot of mid swing recovery. With the correct setup and grip I have a chance to start really hitting the ball with some leverage. 9 to 3's working the new setup have me feeling like this is the best golf purchase I have made.

I was a slicefixer fan before--now I am all in!

Also got to see one of his great students stop by and he was just killing it! I mean you see the vidoes, but this was just insane to watch in person.

Just had Day 1 of 3 with Geoff today and I am loving it. Seeing my swing analysis with Geoff's wisdom showed me how far off I was and answered allot of my questions on why I struggle with consistency. Setup and Grip were both off--feeling the correct grip and setup with Geoff's help opened my eyes to how a was not setup to swing properly at all--I was doing allot of mid swing recovery. With the correct setup and grip I have a chance to start really hitting the ball with some leverage. 9 to 3's workin gthe new setup have me feeling like this is the best golf purchase I have made.

If you went overboard on hitting balls, now would be a good time to stretch. It'll do you wonders by your last day if you're really doing some work out there.

Tell Grayson you like his shoes hehe

He laughed, you see any nice shoes in the stalls lately?
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Day 2, 9-3, impact bag, heavy driver. got to build one 100 reps a day!

He laughed, you see any nice shoes in the stalls lately?

Hahahahaha that just made my night. I have not, only in Texarkana.

The biggest thing I have learned is that there are no shortcuts to a world class swing. I will not be leaving tomorrow with a world class swing--but I will be leaving with the tools and drills to start building one. Well at least I do now have a great 70 yard 9-3 with my 58* pretty baked in the brain :) One of the best parts of the visit was seeing long time students, 1 pro starting Q School next week, and Geoff's son just striping the ball and they built the swing with the same tools I have been given. I have seen what time and dedication can produce with these tools, but I will have to patiently build my own swing with hours and hours of re-programming.

P.S. Bounced one in that darn Bucket today--finally!

The biggest thing I have learned is that there are no shortcuts to a world class swing. I will not be leaving tomorrow with a world class swing--but I will be leaving with the tools and drills to start building one. Well at least I do now have a great 70 yard 9-3 with my 58* pretty baked in the brain :) One of the best parts of the visit was seeing long time students, 1 pro starting Q School next week, and Geoff's son just striping the ball and they built the swing with the same tools I have been given. I have seen what time and dedication can produce with these tools, but I will have to patiently build my own swing with hours and hours of re-programming.

P.S. Bounced one in that darn Bucket today--finally!

I hate that bucket. Last time I was there, there was the 70yd and then the 110ish bucket.

It's going to take time, and nothing about it is going to be easy. Get to be friends with the 9-3 drill, an impact bag, and the impact ball if he made you one. If he didn't, make an emergency trip to Walmart tomorrow and get him to make you one before you leave. Foam ball, ace bandage. Grayson can point you to the right stuff if he's awake and you convince him to go with you. He likes frozen yogurt if he needs a bribe.

Texarkana is a magical land. Have fun soak in all the info you can tomorrow.

I hate that bucket. Last time I was there, there was the 70yd and then the 110ish bucket.

It's going to take time, and nothing about it is going to be easy. Get to be friends with the 9-3 drill, an impact bag, and the impact ball if he made you one. If he didn't, make an emergency trip to Walmart tomorrow and get him to make you one before you leave. Foam ball, ace bandage. Grayson can point you to the right stuff if he's awake and you convince him to go with you. He likes frozen yogurt if he needs a bribe.

Will do. That bucket has been teasing me the last two days--like a clown in the dunking booth just daring me to hit it. Luckily a Net return Golf net at the house will let me drill this thing every day rain or shine. Also going to build a heavy driver to Drill in that release feeling. Basically Just old Driver with 4 1 inch washers slid down the shaft and duct taped in place.

Back