What kind of Golf Bags do you use?

SYT3Putt

Reaction score
Handicap
I am new to the site and just wondered what kind of bags does everyone use? Do you like to brand match to your irons or driver? Or do you go for functionality?

functionality for me

I never match my bag to my clubs because for one my clubs never match and I go for functionality over matching.

I use a Ogio when I carry and a Bagboy when I use my pushcart or ride

I like my golf bags to be non-clubmaker bags. I've had three bags my golfing career: Belding, CaddyDaddy and my current Bennington. I was shopping Ogio and Sun Mountain when I found a great deal on the Bennington so i got it. 14 full-length dividers, very light, and well-made.

i usually go for value and function first and then brand.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I just have a crap PowerBilt stand bag that is falling apart that I got for cheap 4 years ago. Next bag will be a nice cart bag that will fit on push cart. I'll get the most functional bag that doesn't have am OEM logo that doesn't match any clubs.

Whatever I win in golf outings as of late! :banana:

Which is the Ping Latitude

Ogio gromxx for me. Very solid bag.

Functionality for me, I recently purchased a new Sun Mountain C-130 and I love it.

Functionality along with a matching price. I got a Nike SQ tour stand 14 topper from Rusty and it's the best bag I've ever had. It's got everything I need

As I'm just starting, the set of clubs I bought had an OEM bag with the set so that's what I'm using for the time being. I've had my eye on a couple of others but this one is working.

Love my Bennington QO-12, my carry bag in an old Izzo.
No brand names, don't think I'm good enough to advertise a product!

Adams staff bag. Because staff bags are awesome.

I go for function over all else, though I'll admit that I like a bag that is pleasing to the eye. I try and avoid one that has a brand name of a particular club type. I'm not one to give a company free advertising. Of course, if one bag is a fraction of the price of another solely because there's a brand on the side of it, then that's what I'll go with.

Another decision to make is whether you want full length dividers (I personally think that's a must have) and how many you actually want. There are pros and cons to 14 unique slots, particularly if you are testing clubs out (and thus have more than 14 in your bag). I personally like a combination of individual slots paired with some larger slots.

With respect to function, I suggest finding one that matches your usage profile. For me, when I'm on the course, I ride 85% of the time and use a push cart 15% of the time. It's critical that a bag fit in the well of a motorized or push cart. For every round on the course, I probably do 3-4 range sessions, so having the stand functionality is required. I also like the backpack styled straps for carrying the bag. I also tend to carry a lot of balls because I stink and I lose them a lot. Therefore it is important for me to have a decent amount of storage space. Weight is less of an issue.

With my usage criteria, I really like the Ogio Grom and the Sun Mountain Hybrid. I have played Sun Mountains and found them to be great bags, but ended up getting a Grom due to finding a good deal. I mention my criteria because I really think my usage pattern aligns with that of most recreational golfers.

Taylor Made cart bag. I got it because it was on sale, and had individual club sleeves, as well as an insulated pouch to keep water semi-cold.

Last edited:
I love the design of the Taylormade Staff bags, and I actually got the bag first and then the R11 stuff. I love that they are durable and water proof and I can hold all my junk whenever I need to and I can fit them on carts easily

7652268986_ce05e23430.jpg

7652271550_ea7c3bbbc9.jpg

7652273334_63c1a6a028.jpg

7652281730_ae4e3244a8.jpg

7652286204_9f65f6e195.jpg

Nice info, probably a weird and random thread topic but was just curious. Thanks.

When I bought my current bag it was a mix of both, probably more brand, but any one I buy in the future it'll be function, unless I get one from my course with the logo, then it's more on looks and lack of selection!

I love the design of the Taylormade Staff bags, and I actually got the bag first and then the R11 stuff. I love that they are durable and water proof and I can hold all my junk whenever I need to and I can fit them on carts easily

7652268986_ce05e23430.jpg

7652271550_ea7c3bbbc9.jpg

7652273334_63c1a6a028.jpg

7652281730_ae4e3244a8.jpg

7652286204_9f65f6e195.jpg

Staff bags are awesome.

Sun mountain c130. An awesome bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Function/price was my selling points. I wanted individual pockets, and then when I saw my bag on sale for an extra 40 percent off because it was on clearance, it was a no brainer. Brand didn't matter, and color didn't either.

Looking to pick up another bag because I want to start walking every few rounds, and will wait for the right deal to come along also.

Price and functionality. I am a cheap golfer. I buy used balls. I buy shoes on sale. If I didn't have access to Taylormade account I would probably have cheap clubs as well.

My last bag I bought from KMart 17 years ago when my wife and I first got married. I guess you can say I got my $45.00 out of it because I just bought my Taylormade San Clemente a little over a month ago. My wife blanked at me for a week for buying a new bag. I guess that is why I am a cheap golfer.

This one...

41HOcALmiXL._AA300_.jpg

Bag Boy Pro Revolver. Love the clip locks for each individual club and the revolving top feature. Nothing else like it!

Back