NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob is a good signing, the kid is still young and I think is in the stage where he is realizing that he needs to be a better two way player. In jr it was pure offence, so give him a season or two and I can see him being a good all rounder who puts up 50-60 pts per season.

Think Semin will be a decent fit. He's he is basically being handed a top 3 stop on the team, hopefully that motivates him.

yeah i think Jacob has huge potential and hes supposed to be playing with Giroux so that never hurts.... guess well see. and i hope Semin gets motivated i've hurt hes such a bad teammate and lazy but who knows how true any of that is... i know hes got tremendous talent on the ice.

7 million for a guy that scored 21 goals last season with, from all accounts, a bad attitude and lazy play. Enjoy.

7 million for a guy that scored 21 goals last season with, from all accounts, a bad attitude and lazy play. Enjoy.

In all fairness, he is almost a point per game player. Arguably same amount of offensive upside as Rick Nash.

In all fairness, he is almost a point per game player. Arguably same amount of offensive upside as Rick Nash.

He scored 21 goals last season. I dont care what he has done in the past, same as any player. When you sign someone for 7 million a year he better be playing like it. Not hoping he will return to form from a few years ago.

He scored 21 goals last season. I dont care what he has done in the past, same as any player. When you sign someone for 7 million a year he better be playing like it. Not hoping he will return to form from a few years ago.

hey the flyers gambled with Jagr and he panned out ok until the playoffs.

Everyone on Wash. had career low numbers for the most part last season. Of all seasons to base it on, last season would not be my choice. The coaching change, the change in playing style the franchise wanted to implement, just think you're cutting yourself short as a GM to only base your decision on one season.

^^^ What this guy said ^^^

7MM is WAY too much for Semin. 4MM TOPS for that guy would have been acceptable.

^^^ What this guy said ^^^

7MM is WAY too much for Semin. 4MM TOPS for that guy would have been acceptable.

It would be way too much for a long term deal but for one year it's not unreasonable

You also need to look at the rest of the market. Similar to Parise and Suter. Are they worth what they received compared to other player's who make the same amount of money? I for one don't think it. Semin was the best player left on the market (not even going to court Doan) and top line guys are hard to find. So I personally think it's justified with that taken into account and the Canes having the cap space to do so. I mean they still have plenty of space to pick up a big name at the deadline if they're in the hunt.

Sent from my HTC One X

It would be way too much for a long term deal but for one year it's not unreasonable

I thought the same thing when I saw it, I think Carolina will be a team to watch out for this year.

Not a fan of his numbers. If they are going to be a contender, they need a top level goaltender.

There is really nothing out there unless they make a trade and with his contract, they are going to ride him as long as they can. He is really good for short periods of time.

They need to go after luongo dude. Its a great fit for him now.

If Vancouver cant or doesnt move him, next season is going to be awkward to say the least.

With Luongo it appears to be Florida or bust right now. Gillis is going to have to work hard and accept less if he plans on moving him.

Sent from my HTC One X

His name on the Stanley Cup might disagree with you.

Not a fan of his numbers. If they are going to be a contender, they need a top level goaltender.

His name on the Stanley Cup might disagree with you.

So that must make Chris Osgood a hall of famer.

Cam is a starting goalie on most teams, though not sure he can be a game changer.

Sent from my HTC One X

You never know.... Seems like just about anyone can get it these days.

........have you seen the inductees the past couple of years?

Sent from my HTC One X

They should go after craig billinton or chris terreri if thats the case.. Or the penguins backup tender has a ring or two, doesnt he?

No way man. Terreri is our goaltending coach and we are going to need all the help we can get..haha

Carolina went from looking sort of eh to very tasty this off season. If Staal(s) can gel with Semin and everyone keeps buying in to Muller's message they could do some pretty good damage.

Carolina went from looking sort of eh to very tasty this off season. If Staal(s) can gel with Semin and everyone keeps buying in to Muller's message they could do some pretty good damage.

I want to see Semin and Skinner together. That would be deadly.

Sent from my HTC One X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back