A natural light spectacle I'll never forget

Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm on holiday now (nearly time to go home :( ) and I've had sun sun sun, but all this sun today has led to some spectacular light shows in the skies above, especially as it was night time. Now I live in an area that rarely gets any good lightning ( it'll be HUGE but would last 15min before moving to the next valley) and just now I've seen some huge forked lightning for at least an hour.
I now feel like I've had a taster of what it feels like to have thunder and lightning in the US, but also I feel that I haven't seen half of what you guys have seen.

Have you ever encountered great lightning shows ?

P.s hopefully some more is on its way, I'm golfing tomorrow as well :)

I love natural light.

Posted via tapatalk

We normally get our fill of thunderstorms here. Spectacular lightning displays can get pretty common. Just not this year :(

I love a good lightening storm sometimes. Good lightening is awesome.

I love natural light.

Posted via tapatalk

Not that kind Hawk! (but it's exactly what I was thinking about too)

Natural Light 30pk Cans WEB.jpg

Think a 30 pack is enough for us to make spectacles of ourselves?

Yeah I used to be real scared of it but me and my brother once played golf in thunder and lightning (hard to explain but I can assure you we weren't playing for long, walking turned to running back to the clubhouse :) ) and that experience has made me cope with it a bit better now, I can now enjoy it , thunder really adds to it but today there was hardly any thunder,

We normally get huge thunder with not a lot of lightning so it quite unusual to get the opposite.

No lightning now :(

Where ya from Gezer?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mid wales, UK

Currently far away (lol) in Guernsey near france

I love it how its so close to home but they get better weather and different storms here in Guernsey.

Just tappin away

Made a spectacle of myself many times in college thanks to Natural Light. OP, I know exactly what you're talking about.

We get some pretty epic lightning in AZ. Lightning+no rain=great photos.
lightning-arizona_34356_990x742.jpg

That's an awesome pic. We get some epic light shows here in Colorado, espicially up in the mountains.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We're having a thunder storm right now, but the cloud cover hides the lightning.

I love lightning. I don't want any right now, but i love it. Such an amazing display.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Drink enough natural light and you'd be amazed at what you might see.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Love that AZ pic

We get some pretty epic lightning in AZ. Lightning+no rain=great photos.
lightning-arizona_34356_990x742.jpg
I lived on the west side, in Glendale, for 5 years and LOVED the lightning we'd get. We used to drive up to the Estrellas and watch the whole valley light up. I remember the radio would play music that fit the storm, too. (KUPD?)

We don't get much in the way of spectacular lightning here, but I did once travel into the Arctic circle and witness the Northern Lights. Now that was special.

Well today at my home course we got some big thunder, and a huge flash flood along with this (image below)
55d3311b-5fc8-0a1e.jpg

Yes this is halestorms but this was taken an hour after an hour long thunder,lightning etc

Also three picks of the aftermath

55d3311b-6040-d5a6.jpg

55d3311b-606d-82c8.jpg

55d3311b-617e-032e.jpg

Also there is a deep ditch in one hole that was full with water, pathways of gravel were ruined
A deep bunker was full
All greens were overflowing with streams of water running of them.
All of this happened in thirty minutes (thunder for half an hour with light rain, turned to hell after that)

Just tappin away

Back