The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever started off a round of golf, where someone hasn't pissed in your Post Toasties beforehand?

Well to be fair here fellas this is the rant thread. Not the butterflies and rainbows or the who made your day better thread... :alien:

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Well to be fair here fellas this is the rant thread. Not the butterflies and rainbows or the who made your day better thread... :alien:

Ya' don't say? Thanks for the clarification. :)

I just couldn't imaging having an issue arise every time I tried to play golf or practice. It's either the counter girl, the guys on the next tee ice jacking, falling and breaking a putter, the snobby members commenting on a hat, the snobby members taking issue with finding golf balls. Good grief. Find another course or quit letting everything that isn't "butterflies and rainbows" roo your day. How is it that millions of golf playing individuals, are able to play the game, everyday, without constant conflict with others, before, during or after a round? I am apparently missing something or playing golf with the nicest individuals on the planet.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Ya' don't say? Thanks for the clarification. :)

I just couldn't imaging having an issue arise every time I tried to play golf or practice. It's either the counter girl, the guys on the next tee ice jacking, falling and breaking a putter, the snobby members commenting on a hat, the snobby members taking issue with finding golf balls. Good grief. Find another course or quit letting everything that isn't "butterflies and rainbows" roo your day. How is it that millions of golf playing individuals, are able to play the game, everyday, without constant conflict with others, before, during or after a round? I am apparently missing something or playing golf with the nicest individuals on the planet.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Lmao....I'd quit golf if I was that miserable every time I played. I dunno how mentally I'd be able to compete.

Lmao....I'd quit golf if I was that miserable every time I played. I dunno how mentally I'd be able to compete.

Yeah, I don't think Rotella could help us out on that one. Maybe electro-shock-therapy though?

Yeah, I don't think Rotella could help us out on that one. Maybe electro-shock-therapy though?

I think that's Rotellas new book. Golf is not a game of ZAAAAPP!!!!!!

Trying to book as a single every course booked SUCKS!!!!

Trying to book as a single every course booked SUCKS!!!!

Yeeaahhh...good luck with that. Some of the more uppity courses around here had Pro Shop attendants that actually laughed at me when I tried to book a time as a single.

I've never booked as a single, only walked on that way. Do you mean that wouldn't let you go out alone and wanted to partner you with others, or wouldn't take your reservation at all?

Booked 10:15 sat YES!!!! No they will pr. up just don't feel like it right now taking a chance getting pr. with a bunch of ????

In a really bad mood, unfortunately. Lots of things coming to a head, always fun.

Rant:

People on my support team that don't carry their own weight. They either:

• Don't bother to troubleshoot before escalating.
"We saw alerts for such and such server, do you know what's going?"
Yes I do, because I saw the same alerts and looked into it 15 minutes ago. By the way, I did that because I'm currently evaluating and documenting your team's performance.

• Jump to conclusions about the outage.
"It looks like someone bounced the server"
Really? Looks like it's been up the whole time to me. But that's only based on the fact that I actually did more than just try to log in. I actually looked at uptime and performance stats.

• Assume it's scheduled maintenance
"I thought I saw a ticket for a code push today"
Really? A code push to the Production environment in the middle of business hours? You did see a ticket, but that was for one of the development servers.

I've never booked as a single, only walked on that way. Do you mean that wouldn't let you go out alone and wanted to partner you with others, or wouldn't take your reservation at all?

Wouldn't let me go out alone. And of course the grouchy, "too good for you" people that go to these really high class courses don't want their round RUINED by some random single. So of course they refuse to go out if I'm going with them.

• Assume it's scheduled maintenance
"I thought I saw a ticket for a code push today"
Really? A code push to the Production environment in the middle of business hours? You did see a ticket, but that was for one of the development servers.

Holy crap, you mean that you can do that? If i give you the number for my it department can you tell then its possible?

I hate our it, they're so lazy.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Holy crap, you mean that you can do that? If i give you the number for my it department can you tell then its possible?

I hate our it, they're so lazy.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

No, you can't. One of my guys ignored an actual outage because he was lazy, and used that as an excuse.

No, you can't. One of my guys ignored an actual outage because he was lazy, and used that as an excuse.

Lol, i read that wrong. Our it department schedules all our maintenance and updates for 10am. Right Durning peak business hours. (I read to much into the "why would we do that in the middle if the day" thing) When asked to do it overnight when no ones around they say they can't. Of course they also say installing a simple program, or creating a company email account takes to long.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Splitting headache.

I hate those, especially migrains. I get them from weather, artificial sweeteners (which I try to avoid) and a few unknowns

Mines either from sinuses or lack of caffiene. Not sure which.
I hate those, especially migrains. I get them from weather, artificial sweeteners (which I try to avoid) and a few unknowns

Did you get dominated on YouTube or did you win the fight as an underdog?

I know a surefire way to find out...

The cart girl at Caledonia was not up To Hanks standards

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Not sure if there is a real win condition, but I definitely came out a lot better.
Did you get dominated on YouTube or did you win the fight as an underdog?

The cart girl at Caledonia was not up To Hanks standards

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I agree. I put in a good word for you anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back