Razr X vs Razr X Black Irons

pkellz25

Reaction score
Handicap
I am considering upgrading my entire set and moving from Taylormade to Callaway. Of the Razr X and Razr X Black which one would be better for a golfer with my handicap (about 15) who tends to have a natural draw on his swing and if its a mis hit is a hook rather than a slice.

Thanks,
PK

People have put a lot of feed back on Callaway's irons in the Morgan cup equipment thread but the best thing to do is just try them out

Well less offset is going to be better if you hook. Don't let handicap dictate your club purchases You might suck at putting. Are you a good enough ball striker to handle something like a J40 CB or 712 CB? very little offset with some forgiveness built it.

I can easily get the ball up in the air its just that sometimes my clubface is a little too closed so I play a draw more than I should

People have put a lot of feed back on Callaway's irons in the Morgan cup equipment thread but the best thing to do is just try them out

There is a TON of feedback on both sets in that thread.

I wrote to Callaway and asked what the difference is. The black has slightly less offset and a slightly smaller club face than the regular Razr X. You might even want to consider the Razr X forged. I went with the black myself. I tried both the Razr X and Razr X black, and I was hitting the ball too high with the regular Razr X.

Thanks rdsmith3 I really appreciate the incite. I hit the Razr X, my 2.0's, X Blacks and Taylormade Muscle Cavity's. I liked the X Blacks and the Muscle Cavity's but I am most likely going to go with the X Blacks as long as I can unload my 2.0's on ebay haha.

Back