what part of your game are you working on?

The flat stick. I'm confident with all my clubs and course managment is coming around

Putting (thanks to SeeMore) and full swings. I'm happy with my short game, but have been having trouble with ball striking for anything more than 1/2 to 3/4 swings

Really working on keeping my lower body "quiet" and hitting down on the ball. These go hand in hand but when I get too much movement in my lower body I either hit the ball fat or sweep it off the ground.

Had another lesson at Golftec today. Really working on rotation. ROTATION ROTATION ROTATION. I need to bring my shoulders around just a bit more and now im working on my shoulder tilt and not bringing my arms so far behind me. Its been a world of difference.

Everything?

I was doing fine and all of a sudden my left leg doesn't stop dipping so i am trying to work on that from happening.

I do ok off of the tee and feel pretty good about my irons except when I have to hit an approach shot under 100 yards. I absolutely freeze up and I will top the ball or hit a scud missle about 3 feet off of the ground. If I could be consistent inside the 100 yard area I think I could post some decent scores. My rounds this summer have ranged from 84-95.

i am now working on not chunking everything
including the driver and the putter
talk about scuffing every shot

i am now working on not chunking everything
including the driver and the putter
talk about scuffing every shot

bogey, try the ball forward drill that's in the swing tips section. it will help you get your left side through the shot and keep you from coming straight down into the ball too much, but rather through the shot instead.

Putting... Since getting the new putter I've been having some speed issues. My line has been really good! Speed not so much.

Starting today I'm rebuilding my swing. My grip changed a little last year, somehow it got stronger and I played my best golf with a neutral grip. I'm walking around the house with a broken club so I can reacquaint myself with my old grip. Then I'm going to work on alignment, mine is terrible and needs fixing, after that I'll go with a steeper takeaway and swing.

Starting today I'm rebuilding my swing. My grip changed a little last year, somehow it got stronger and I played my best golf with a neutral grip. I'm walking around the house with a broken club so I can reacquaint myself with my old grip. Then I'm going to work on alignment, mine is terrible and needs fixing, after that I'll go with a steeper takeaway and swing.

Never easy, but could definitely be worth it. I took 3 lessons where I told my instructor to completely rebuild my swing. It took a year, but the results have made me a much stronger golfer. It's also much easier to diagnose problems when they arise.

I was working on two new wedge shots. One to replace a former wedge shot that wasn't performing well, and one brand new high loft, short distance, but high spin, wedge shot. Had really good practice this weekend for it, so I'm moving on. Now I'm going to be working on what I suspect is a reverse pivot issue I have.

~Rock

Never easy, but could definitely be worth it. I took 3 lessons where I told my instructor to completely rebuild my swing. It took a year, but the results have made me a much stronger golfer. It's also much easier to diagnose problems when they arise.

I was working on two new wedge shots. One to replace a former wedge shot that wasn't performing well, and one brand new high loft, short distance, but high spin, wedge shot. Had really good practice this weekend for it, so I'm moving on. Now I'm going to be working on what I suspect is a reverse pivot issue I have.

~Rock

I think so too man, thanks for the encouragement. I will get scratch lol!

I think so too man, thanks for the encouragement. I will get scratch lol!

You looking for a higher ball flight? With your tempo and a steep angle, tucked pins will be a thing of the past.

You looking for a higher ball flight? With your tempo and a steep angle, tucked pins will be a thing of the past.

I am dude with the longer clubs, I've always been able to get around it by hitting a high cut but I want to be able to go in both directions and do it. I know part of it will be an equipment change, probably hybrids, but I'm flat and laid off, and I finally am willing to go through the struggle to fix it. I know I'm capable of low golf, I've been in the 60's many times but I should be able to stay there without the large fluctuations I have with my scores. I like what I see in your game a lot, I'll be picking your brain quite a bit.

Now that the Morgan Cup is done, I'm pondering going for a pretty good rebuild on my swing. What the past weekend showed me is that I hit the ball long enough and can hit some very good shots, but I can also get really loose with my swing and hit some terribly crooked shots. I need to increase the accuracy of my swing, and I'm going to talk to my coach about how to go about doing that. I'm thinking that having a shorter swing with less wrist action could be the way to go, but I don't want to start down that path if it's not the correct one. I'll fully admit, I looked at how accurately TC hit the ball with what looks to be a pretty short backswing and thought that might be the ticket. I'm also thinking that I'll lose a little bit of distance at first, but if the changes are positive, then I'll get the distance back in the end.

I dont think I could ever handle a swing re-build... I have never been thought a swing but have developed what I think is quite a rhythmical long slow swing which I like.. And a swing re-build which could maybe make me a little more accurate i think would be too much heart-ache... I am starting to work very heavy on my finesse game 80 yards in and getting the up and downs from around the green because I have noticed lately I really dont convert enough opportunities from here

~Shane

Id been fighting with driver forever it seems and now that is coming around so its the random sh*nk here and there that kills a nice drive. I hate that. Last 9 I played I kept all scoring irons in my hand on the range and it was a battle. I reckon its a takeaway, setup and tempo thing that causes me to sh*nk on occasion. Heck on the range sometimes I hit so many I have to wonder about myself. Then I only hit one or two when I play sometimes none.

I will say this. My last 9 I shot a 43 on a tight **** of a course. I was looking at that scorecard and noticed nothing worse then a bogey. Its been a while since that has happened. Take away some terrible putts and its creeping very close to under 40.

Distance. Its something I lost with time off and I am having a hard time getting it back. Some of it is my swing which is at last starting to be consistent and when I get through the bottom of my swing in-to-out distance is getting better.

I have got to get my short game on target. I am ok at 100 yards but get me insode 100 and I freak out. I either end up short and hit the ball high in the air or hit a screamer well past the green. Any suggestions from anyone is appreciated!

Putting. Putting. Putting.

I've been watching a lot and I mean a lot of Jeff Ritter's videos on you tube over and over trying to ingrain and adopt his philosphy on the swing. The way he explains things just seems to make things easy to learn and work on. I'm definitely seeing improvement but definitely not playing/practicing enough as I would like. Overall though, the wedge game needs major work but I would say my putting is better than most.

From now on I'll work on iron shots (GIR percentage too low) and sinking birdie putts (I've missed 3-6 birdies on every round during 10 last rounds).

Still reading Rotella, mental work is becoming huge for me.

On course though I'm really starting to focus on shots from 125 and in. I love my FULL shots with my SCOR's (even the 57) but I can't help but realize I need to work on more options from different yardages for different lies. Played a nice little "no wrist break" PW shot from 125 into a green twice today and they were things of beauty. I really like the "no wrist" wedge shots quite a bit it seems.

Back