Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

They called me while you were in Myrtle, they were suspicious, I had to lie to them to calm them down.

They miss you. :alien:

Seriously though, I'm curious to hear your thoughts after some time away from them.

I'm excited about the D0 swing weight dude. I'm also excited about that feel and lack of sound they offer. I'm mostly excited to not ever hold the Crossline grip ever again. The 588's are getting regripped so I'll wait for those to come in and regrip so the 20's go back in the bag. I might play tomorrow.

I'm excited about the D0 swing weight dude. I'm also excited about that feel and lack of sound they offer. I'm mostly excited to not ever hold the Crossline grip ever again. The 588's are getting regripped so I'll wait for those to come in and regrip so the 20's go back in the bag. I might play tomorrow.

You know, its strange, I'm a big fan of the NDMC's but I feel like the crosslines eat my hands up more than those, which is absolutely insane to say when you think about it as the NDMC's are sandpaper esque at times.

You have me daydreaming of PXi's in the i20's.

You know, its strange, I'm a big fan of the NDMC's but I feel like the crosslines eat my hands up more than those, which is absolutely insane to say when you think about it as the NDMC's are sandpaper esque at times.

You have me daydreaming of PXi's in the i20's.

YOu should see my hands dude. It looks like I've had them submerged in bath water for 48 hours. I'll never ever use those grips again. Those turds in that humidity was not fun. Thank the Lord for the volunteers and staff at the courses. I constantly had a dry towel so that helped.

The PXi's are awesome. I often ponder them in the 20's as well, especially after talking to chunky about his. But I love the 20's how they are too. I'm very content with the CFS shafts.

YOu should see my hands dude. It looks like I've had them submerged in bath water for 48 hours. I'll never ever use those grips again. Those turds in that humidity was not fun. Thank the Lord for the volunteers and staff at the courses. I constantly had a dry towel so that helped.

The PXi's are awesome. I often ponder them in the 20's as well, especially after talking to chunky about his. But I love the 20's how they are too. I'm very content with the CFS shafts.

I need to just reshaft my 8i with the CFS in the corner just to see and compare, its not like I cant come home and pull the damn thing out if I don't like it.

If Adams keeps screwing the Launch Lab pony then I may divert those funds to PXi's, who knows, but I'm getting impatient on that front.

If it weren't for the Secret Grip testing I'd have these ladies out on the course in quick fashion.

Hmmm...2 sets of i20's and a set of 588's. CFS and PXi's in the i20's. Getting ready to off a set to a buddy. I'm actually thinking of keeping the CFS shafted set.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Hey TC,
Where are you located in NC?

TC, do you have a 3 iron with your i20s?

Hey TC,
Where are you located in NC?

Asheville.

TC, do you have a 3 iron with your i20s?

No I don't buddy. My set starts at a 5iron. I'm thinking about adding the 4iron though. Not sure I'd go with a 3iron but could see possibly doing so. It would be fun to go from the F5 to a 3iron. When I had the Burner 2.0's I freaking loved those long irons.

Asheville.

No I don't buddy. My set starts at a 5iron. I'm thinking about adding the 4iron though. Not sure I'd go with a 3iron but could see possibly doing so. It would be fun to go from the F5 to a 3iron. When I had the Burner 2.0's I freaking loved those long irons.

I think you would love the 4I in this set man. Pretty forgiving.

Asheville.

I'm becoming a long iron homer. I may start collecting long irons and driving irons like you do 3 woods.

I think you would love the 4I in this set man. Pretty forgiving.

I hear ya. I just don't really ever see myself in a situation where I really need one. Most par 3's I can get to with my 5iron and I'm pretty comfy with the 4hybo off the tee or off the deck.

I hear ya. I just don't really ever see myself in a situation where I really need one. Most par 3's I can get to with my 5iron and I'm pretty comfy with the 4hybo off the tee or off the deck.

You are a beast with the hybos.

You are a beast with the hybos.

But you know what's sweet about Ping. You can easily add the long irons that you want and register them. That's cool.

But you know what's sweet about Ping. You can easily add the long irons that you want and register them. That's cool.

I really like that as well. I think you just reminded me that I never registered my i20's. I'm going to go to my locker and check

If it weren't for the Secret Grip testing I'd have these ladies out on the course in quick fashion.

Hmmm...2 sets of i20's and a set of 588's. CFS and PXi's in the i20's. Getting ready to off a set to a buddy. I'm actually thinking of keeping the CFS shafted set.

That's an eye-opener. Can you elaborate? I love the CFS shafts but I'm not a high ball hitter, except when I am.

I have noticed that my balls are getting high. I ahve the CFS shafts in my Pings. Would getting them bent a degree help? Can I even do this or want to do this with my Pings?

I'm confused. I mean, I hit mine high with the CFS shafts too but I have ideal launch angles and spin #'s. High isn't always bad. It's all about your launch angle.

I'm confused. I mean, I hit mine high with the CFS shafts too but I have ideal launch angles and spin #'s. High isn't always bad. It's all about your launch angle.

I would think high is good. Unless you're losing carry. But otherwise a high ball flight is good for long irons and for holding greens with all clubs.

I would think high is good. Unless you're losing carry. But otherwise a high ball flight is good for long irons and for holding greens with all clubs.

Persactly! High equates to more carry distance and softer landing. Unless of course it's ballooning which costs you distance.

I prefer a higher flight as long as it's straight, since it makes for a softer landing. A lot of guys are paranoid (and maybe rightfully so) that high ball flight equals high potential for ballooning, but the CFS seems able to keep a higher flight with good penetration without the tendency to balloon. I don't have any experience with other shafts with these clubs so I'm curious what attracts folks to match these with PXi or KBS Tours.

That's an eye-opener. Can you elaborate? I love the CFS shafts but I'm not a high ball hitter, except when I am.

Simple. I don't need two sets of i20's and the CFS shafts hold greens better than PXi's. They are also the smoothest feeling shaft I have ever swung by far and away.

Another round in the books with the I20s, 79. Nothing spectacular, 3 birdies, bunch of others. :) Rained for the first part of the round and then it was pretty humid, so distance was an issue. Kept coming up short in the thicker air. So far they feel great though.

I prefer a higher flight as long as it's straight, since it makes for a softer landing. A lot of guys are paranoid (and maybe rightfully so) that high ball flight equals high potential for ballooning, but the CFS seems able to keep a higher flight with good penetration without the tendency to balloon. I don't have any experience with other shafts with these clubs so I'm curious what attracts folks to match these with PXi or KBS Tours.

Sex appeal man! Those other shafts are just sexier than stock shafts.

Another round in the books with the I20s, 79. Nothing spectacular, 3 birdies, bunch of others. :) Rained for the first part of the round and then it was pretty humid, so distance was an issue. Kept coming up short in the thicker air. So far they feel great though.

Would you say they might be the softest irons you've hit?

Sex appeal man! Those other shafts are just sexier than stock shafts.

The thought never crossed my mind when I picked up the PXi's... :alien:

Back