The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can name numerous dudes that were in 2.0 that havent been to a THP event and I am a much better person having had the chance to meet them. I honestly made many more friends for life last week and with this rule, it wouldnt have been possible.

Not that there is anything wrong with JRs opinion but then how would Kelly of gotten in?
The name thread got ridiculous but I wasn't surprised by it. Just goes to show what people are interested in I suppose.

JB, it was an amazing idea. Just didn't pan out the greatest.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

That's a good point guys. Didn't really think about it I guess.

Not that there is anything wrong with JRs opinion but then how would Kelly of gotten in?
The name thread got ridiculous but I wasn't surprised by it. Just goes to show what people are interested in I suppose.
hmmm, I was saying I disagreed.

I agree

Last edited:
JB, it was an amazing idea. Just didn't pan out the greatest.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

I dont think it didnt pan out. I think it added banter to a forum. some people just got WAYYYY to excited and carried away. but, I wouldnt look at it as not panning out.

I agree with you JB. I'll try to not be so honest.

Cmon dude. Its not about honesty, its about wording it in a way that is not demeaning to anybody that was not super supportive in the past. Let me use an example. Lets say a guy joins the site and sees threads that are all 1000 pages long and does not read much and pays no attention. Then sees the celebration video and the 1st tee video and says "Whoa, I want to be a part of something like that".

There is always a time and place for someone to start and rather than focus on the negatives, in my opinion, there are just too many positives to worry about it. The event was incredible if you ask me. That is what we should focus on. I made the mistake of ranting openly prior to the event and have said numerous times since then I should not have done so. It took away from too many and that was on me. I have seen the mistake I made and feel as though with how this event turned out, that instead of anybody focusing on why someone would want in or why they werent supportive, I should focus on making sure that its once again an incredible event.

You said it yourself while you were there. THP Events change people. Encouragement goes a long way into the molding process.

ummm....spoiler alert? damn u freddy!

but...solid rant

I don't know, it bothers me too, why can't it be about talent? I was offered a big ol scholarship just because I'm dark skinned, and as crazy as this may be I said that I want to have a scholarship on my scholastic achievement not because of my race. Of course it was stupid to turn money down BUT, I stood up for what I thought was right-either way I got a better scholarship for my academic achievement.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I just got hurt to see how much people could actually post when they wanted to.

I can name numerous dudes that were in 2.0 that havent been to a THP event and I am a much better person having had the chance to meet them. I honestly made many more friends for life last week and with this rule, it wouldnt have been possible.

I miss you buddy.

Just a heads up that I edited the olympics post. I was staying out of the thread for that reason.

I was listening to NPR and it just really got to me. Sorry if I stored up too my h

I'm not going to be able to post as much next week with work starting

I'm not going to be able to post as much next week with work starting

SuperFrank wouldn't let that stop him. Where there's a Frank there's a way.

--
Tapatalk2

I like reading about how many people claim they will be there as a volunteer if not picked. Seems I read a ton of the same last year.

It digs at me.

SuperFrank wouldn't let that stop him. Where there's a Frank there's a way.

--
Tapatalk2

Hopefully since it's orientation I won't have to pay that much attention. My next rant will be a 2 week orientation. At least I get paid.

Hopefully since it's orientation I won't have to pay that much attention. My next rant will be a 2 week orientation. At least I get paid.

Valid rant. You spent 8 years getting orientated...well the first 4 were at a foreign institution though.

--
Tapatalk2

That thread has been fun but it's run it's course. One slot to be gifted into the MC and the response is amazing. It's funny how outings and tour van stops don't get that kind of reaction. One has to ask themselves why is that? We'll here "for the experience and comraderie " but that's not why because that stuff can be had elsewhere. If that thread stayed up for a total of 7 days it would eclipse the 2012 MC thread numbers. Unreal. It's kind of made me bitter.

I wish people would get more involved in the Tour Van stops. If they just made the trip once they would def be more involved in more get togethers outings and Morgan cup stuff. Its such a great time and I think people just can't believe or understand how many great people are on and run this site. As soon as I went to the Fall Get together that Mary C puts together I knew I HAD to try to get to the outing and I lucked out and got a drop outs spot this year. I had the best time and made quite a few friends for life. I can only imagine how great the Morgan Cup is. I know I don't post much in there but I read through almost all of the threads and I loved every minute of the coverage last year and I'm sitting on pins and needles for this years coverage! As for the name thread. I was a half hour late on it. Gave a couple entries and well see what happens.

I like reading about how many people claim they will be there as a volunteer if not picked. Seems I read a ton of the same last year.

It digs at me.

Dude, I was thinking of making a thread where everyone's "I WILL BE THERE IN ONE WAY SHAPE OR FORM NO MATTER WHAT" should be quoted and then revived next Spring.

On a side note, I will be at the MC3.0 as a staffer/volunteer/troll/whatever NO MATTER WHAT

It digs at me.

Dude, I was thinking of making a thread where everyone's "I WILL BE THERE IN ONE WAY SHAPE OR FORM NO MATTER WHAT" should be quoted and then revived next Spring.

On a side note, I will be at the MC3.0 as a staffer/volunteer/troll/whatever NO MATTER WHAT
There's a lot of excitement right after the event and people speak before they think. Plus life gets in the way too. We had some awesome volunteers this year and hopefully we can build on that.

It digs at me.

I understand that, but I think it's a good thing. It's a good sentiment coming from people. The event's still a long way away, so if things don't work out, they don't. Right now I'm saying that I'd like to go down to help. Next spring may roll around and I may just not be able to swing it. But that doesn't mean that I don't want to come down or won't try to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back